New beta build incoming, fingers crossed.

With the new build being implemented right now, I gotta say I am getting a little bit nervous.

The new retribution paladin changes have sparked the interest of everyone in and around beta, with the exception of a few I am sure. Most are screaming nerf, but I am hoping that Blizzard will let these changes pan out longer until we at least get to raid a bit on the beta realms.

Anyone else worried/anxious about this sort of thing happening? Is anyone hoping for different things for their tree (Mine is ret, in this case)?

The way I see it, we deserve a little glory for some of the "LOLZ" we've received in Burning Crusade.

Function~

Re: New beta build incoming, fingers crossed.

Nah, Ret still sucks and will.

Quote Originally Posted by Verden Odela
    You must have been outplayed by a ret pally recently. Thanks for the input though.

Quote Originally Posted by Function
    You must have been outplayed by a ret pally recently. Thanks for the input though.
    Or one shot by a ret pally recently.
    --Azurai <Vis Maior>

Quote Originally Posted by Function
    Because getting 1 shot for over 10k dmg before you can even get off your mount is being outplayed

No but I out DPS'd a pally recently on my lock, out tanked one on my warrior, and out PvP'd one on my warrior.

Ret fails.

No but I out DPS'd a pally recently on my lock, out tanked one on my warrior, and out PvP'd one on my warrior.

Ret fails.
    Because paladins are certainly meant to out-DPS warlocks, and because you out-tanked one and out-pvp'ed another means that they're all horrible?

Ret is decent in TBC, it's just that everyone sucks at it. And it's hideously overpowered in the current build, I think everyone recognizes that. Read the talents instead of using reactionary judgment based on two instances.

15+ Year Old Account

What Vallos said.

I'm still seeing Retadins run up to mobs with 10k health and instagib them often in 1-2 hits maximum. Same thing occurs against other players.

Blizzard will obviously take care of it, but as far as I'm concerned I won't be looking at Retadins and thinking "lol ret" to myself anymore.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=12814.0

The burst damage is based around the stun mechanic of our judgements. I'd be happy if they reduced that by 50%, cutting the bonus damage in half would reduce the crit a lot.

I agree, it isnt fair to just run by and gib kids all day. I do remember Warriors doing it back in vanilla wow.

To those who got 10k crit, did you have any resil on your gear? 10k with any decent amount of resil is just bonkers.

Ha, good catch.

So anyone who can list the changes? They've done a poor job on the front page, I can't find the changes in the skill list.

So far it looks like we're the same as the last build. I did notice that Holy Wrath had its CD reduced to 30 seconds, and added a stun component. It's also instant cast now. It was pretty useful for Azjol Nerub tonight. Big threat though.

Anyone else on testing on US-Northrend?

If you are in the beta, or read the forums, you know that Ret Paladins DPS is out of line completely with what Blizzard wants for the class.

You should also know that the class designer at Blizzard has stated more than once that damage output is the final item to get "tuned" and as both DK's and Paladins are still having mechanics worked out/firmed up damage is not where it should be with either class.

Ret will get nerfed. It will happen near the end of beta or shortly before/after launch. It all depends on how solid all the classes are in time.

I opted in for Beta as soon as it got available.
    But as it is not counted do you opt-in 1st or last, i am extremely unlucky and have not received invite QQ
    But i do read all forums.
    I play paladin for 4y +, practically from BETA classic WoW i have been playing it, raided naxx pre-bc, in tbc got up to brutallus and quited raiding cause of IRL obligations.
    I have vast exp in ret tree and all about pally, struggling to find partner for 2v2 and 3v3 teams as playing ret as you all know in arenas need great team m8, so i go up to 1700 ratings and fall down to 1550 and so on.
    Seeing how always for past years true paladins never quit and hope for big change, it really sadness me that in Wotlk we are entering same as in Tbc, "expecting pwnage and it ends in retlol". Retribution improved immensely as it became PvE and PvP viable.
    But in arena you can notice that it is doable to get Gladiator rank or be among top teams, but it requires pure skill, great team m8, and highest gear possible.
    While other classes can do same in s1 gear.

To not go so much off topic, want to say that in Wotlk we will be thrilled for divine storm (and aoe melee we were crying for long time), 3 types of judgements, finally getting SoM,(as it is way more dps in pve), and some nice new changes.
    But wait, 3-4-5 months will pass, people will get to lv80 learn to play with new abilities and find new exploits, then at top notch you will see how pally didnt imroved at all.
    In pvp we STILL do not have any -healing debuff, or any silence interupt effect, (repentance and HoJ are nice but gets resisted a LOT, and cant be compared to silence).

If things do not change till Wotlk hit shelfs i am going DK.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ormscale&n=Nmk