Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: WotLK Beta - Build 8788

Quote Originally Posted by Desimal
    If they remove downranking it will really mess up for mages and paladins. Frostbolt rank 1 is a vital part of the frostmage pvp. As for paladins nothing is better to spam then Flash of Light rank 2 when you are oom. And for you that have played a paladin, once you are oom you are oom. So this is a life saver.
    same for shamans, Earth shock rank 1 was pretty important, now we have interrupt only for 700+- mana, great, maybe its time to do smth about ES already

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Actually. Jewelcrafting is pretty amazing now that i think about it.

+7 more stats per gem = 35 stats.
    ap, agi, hit, crit, expertise & armor pen would be used for a rogue.

The dragons eyes are tri-color! You no longer need to use purple gems to get your meta gem activated! That's 2x 10 stats extra that you clear up.

55 stats total. Better than enchanting currently, and it more than offsets the lower effectiveness of the crit rating stat.
    I really hope they leave those gems are they are, it's perfect. Not having to worry about socket colours asa Jewelcrafter yourself seems only logical.

Mailboxes are now functional in Dalaran (previously were non-interactive).

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedpierre
    Mailboxes are now functional in Dalaran (previously were non-interactive).
    Also, the Trias family has a Cheese shop in Dalaran, and in front of this shop you will find a wine vendor...

And deep down in the Dalaran Sewers, near some bottles leaking some weird green ooze you will find...

... an obvious TMNT reference.

Blizzard humour at its finest.

Another small change - the frostwyrm on the login page is now less bright

Actually. Jewelcrafting is pretty amazing now that i think about it.

+7 more stats per gem = 35 stats.
    ap, agi, hit, crit, expertise & armor pen would be used for a rogue.

The dragons eyes are tri-color! You no longer need to use purple gems to get your meta gem activated! That's 2x 10 stats extra that you clear up.

55 stats total. Better than enchanting currently, and it more than offsets the lower effectiveness of the crit rating stat.
    Exactly, but isn't haste also worth gemming for a rogue?

Plus; the epic BoP gems will probably be available much earlier on in progression than the Epic BoE gems, giving increased gains for that period of time. Your gaining 11 stats per gem until epic boe gems are available. I'm not sure where the Epic BoE gems are from though we can assume they won't be available right at the start of WotLK.

Also we save gold Vs enchanting. Ring enchants cost money. BoP gems will probably be cheaper than the BoE alternatives.

Finally, we'll probably also get some BoP neck/ring/ or something; if so, Enchanting will be falling way behind.

edit: It's worth noting though that it looks like meta requirements have been ditched, this is bad for JCs.

Quote Originally Posted by professional
    You need more xp to lvl now

2.200.000 to lvl 61
    They increased the amount required to level almost 80%. It was 1.25M from 70-71 on my warrior and now it's 2.26M on my DK (69-70 yesterday was 700k).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shishi Mako
    Okay, I think I might digress from the topics a bit but have you noticed how those "head honchos" from Dalaran and their armor. I mean, look at their armors...and speculating it from my point of view but they look like tier sets. It's really interesting though that throughout each maintenance we have yet any confirmations of our Tier 7 gear and what they would look like. (Thank you Boub for the everyday update on LK.) Anyways that's my two cents.
    the Rhonin/archmage armor looks like the mage tier set which was leaked from Alpha (no robe!)

http://www.vimeo.com/1052422
    (from wotlkwiki.info)

Either the World Map has been changed to include mini-graphics of PvP objective progression over locations... or there's a random bug.

http://www.theinfernals.org.uk/info/screens.bugorfeature.png

Quote Originally Posted by Jukaï
    And deep down in the Dalaran Sewers, near some bottles leaking some weird green ooze you will find...

... an obvious TMNT reference.

Blizzard humour at its finest.
    Very nice indeed!
    /thread

I love the reference to Ice Barbed Spear

Quote Originally Posted by Desimal
    If they remove downranking it will really mess up for mages and paladins. Frostbolt rank 1 is a vital part of the frostmage pvp. As for paladins nothing is better to spam then Flash of Light rank 2 when you are oom. And for you that have played a paladin, once you are oom you are oom. So this is a life saver.
    Isnt the main reason for frost bolt rank 1 to have the fast cast time? It is not like the ranks are going to go away, they will just cost more mana.

And pallies are getting an evocation spell.

Another DK change :

Frost Fever actually does proper DoT damage now, as opposed to only 1 point. I'm getting about 180 damage every time it ticks at level 64.

Quote Originally Posted by Polishedhead
    Exactly, but isn't haste also worth gemming for a rogue?

edit: It's worth noting though that it looks like meta requirements have been ditched, this is bad for JCs.
    Indeed, added that one too.

Meta requirements nullified? Might not be permanent though.

It's actually 7x7 stats = 49

Hmm, i wonder if rogue and warrior skills will have cost in % too. =P
    I can somehow see Sinister Strike costing 40% of base energy, but Mortal Strike costing 30% of warrior base rage would be kinda imba.

What for ? You can't downrank rogue SS or warrior MS, so what is the point ? With spells it's a good change, make as many spells cost base mana as possible, maybe thats some way to be closer to "balance"...

This is the end of rank one holy nova on snake trap or rank 1 blizz on stealthers...

/sadpanda

Quote Originally Posted by satty
    Hmm, i wonder if rogue and warrior skills will have cost in % too. =P
    I can somehow see Sinister Strike costing 40% of base energy, but Mortal Strike costing 30% of warrior base rage would be kinda imba.
    What planet are you from? ;D

Warriors always have 100 rage, from level 1 to 80. So Mortal Strike costing 30 rage is already always 30% of a warrior's base rage, is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbaki
    This is the end of rank one holy nova on snake trap or rank 1 blizz on stealthers...

/sadpanda

/happyrogue
    and obviously /happydruid.

I don't see why they don't simply completely remove the lower rank spells though, sure there's the checkbox. But what purpose does casting low level spells have at all now?
    Rogues don't want to do abilities that do 2-4 damage, why would casters? At a higher cost even.

/happyrogue
    and obviously /happydruid.

I don't see why they don't simply completely remove the lower rank spells though, sure there's the checkbox. But what purpose does casting low level spells have at all now?
    Rogues don't want to do abilities that do 2-4 damage, why would casters? At a higher cost even.
    Because it wasn't about doing damage, it was about afflicting the slow debuff and trying to proc Frostbite. Lower ranks had a much shorter cast time meaning it was much easier to cast given spell pushback and mind numbing poisons et al.
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life