Base Mana % vs. Static Costs?

If you look on the paladin skills, you'll notice that all of our abilities have been moved from static costs to base mana %. From the previous values, can anyone on beta say what the base mana pool of a paladin is versus a fully buffed mana pool?

I want to see how much of a buff/nerf this was, or if it was merely a small change to get rid of down-ranking for all classes.

Thanks.

Re: Base Mana % vs. Static Costs?

Base mana at 80, probably around 3.5k. With gear, probably around 12 or 13k unbuffed? at 80, im not really sure what the gear is like, so just guessing.

So if Flash of Light is 7% of base mana.

.07 * 3500 = 245.

So, yea. 245 is not a very large chunk of your total mana pool, but im sure regen will let you cast non stop.

It's just a change to get rid of down-ranking for all classes. Personally I wish rank 1 of spells wasn't affected, because I like spamming rank 1 for free to get buffs...but what are ya gonna do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tween
    Base mana at 80, probably around 3.5k. With gear, probably around 12 or 13k unbuffed? at 80, im not really sure what the gear is like, so just guessing.

So if Flash of Light is 7% of base mana.

.07 * 3500 = 245.

So, yea. 245 is not a very large chunk of your total mana pool, but im sure regen will let you cast non stop.
    EDIT: Base mana at 70 is 2953. (thank you for the wowwiki link) .07 x2953 = 206 (Flash of Light Rank 7) .29 x 2953 = 856 (Rank 11 Holy Light)

The changes are less significant than you think

So 80 will be closer to 4k (but still with the previous static costs on our spells, this is a major decrease in mana costs if you do the math i.e. Beacon of Light = 1200mana instead of 1900)

http://www.wowwiki.com/Base_Mana

Good for holy pallies, looks like a pain for prot.

Well, as a Tauren Shaman, my base mana is 2958 right now at level 70. Lesser Healing Wave is 15% of base, and Healing Wave is 25% of base. That comes out to 444 mana for a Lesser Healing Wave, and 740 for a standard Healing Wave, (rounding up in both cases). Currently, it costs 418 and 684, respectively. So... it's a slight nerf for a Shaman, as it stands at this point in beta. Hardly enough to really concern myself with yet, however.

{EDIT} Yes, I know this is in regards to pally stuff, but I just wanted to add some comparison. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Fünky Führer
    Well, as a Tauren Shaman, my base mana is 2958 right now at level 70. Lesser Healing Wave is 15% of base, and Healing Wave is 25% of base. That comes out to 444 mana for a Lesser Healing Wave, and 740 for a standard Healing Wave, (rounding up in both cases). Currently, it costs 418 and 684, respectively. So... it's a slight nerf for a Shaman, as it stands at this point in beta. Hardly enough to really concern myself with yet, however.

{EDIT} Yes, I know this is in regards to pally stuff, but I just wanted to add some comparison. ;D
    Thanks for the information, it looks like it proves even further that's it's a minor nerf but obviously was implemented to prevent downranking. It however is not a nerf for higher level spells in WOTLK, we would have to have a pretty high base mana pool (around 6.5k) to meet the previous static costs of what our spells were going to be.