Percentage based cost of spells and the effect to prot/ret

been looking at the costs of some of our spells and what the....

29% for holy light that a little much don ya think?

solo prot/ret needing a heal? holy light almost 1/3 of our mana as we have no bonus to int and no really effective ana regen solo

concecration 22% mana, holy wrath 20% base mana, on an undead aoe pack we are oom in 2 seconds

mana issues need to be fixed now, either regen or increase to int/mana regen from another stat for paladins for these 2 specs for a solo aspect! and not relying on healers to get our mana back or heal us.

Re: Percentage based cost of spells and the effect to prot/ret

ok beffor you get all wtf on paladins here. they are saying we will use the same stats as warriors and death nights however they will prob put some int on PALADIN set gear as it is a stat we need judgment of the pure or no judgment of the pure. with the insane mana regen rate we have now with that tallent we can get 1k to 4-5k every 10 seconds depending on judgment hits / crits. dont wory about the % of base mana just yet. still alot to see beffor we can start yelling at blizz agen

the mana cost is almost the same as it is now. only thing is that they changed it to prevent downranking.
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.

set gear wont have any as they have determined that those specs dont need that stat anymore and as for mana regen, prot does not have that talent and even if we did it wouldnt be that great for that spec, % based might be ok for ret with the mana regen (yes i forgot about that) but prot it will be impossible to have enough mana to tank.

How hard is it, there are several posts a day.

Anyway for you too.

Base mana = the mana you have without any mana enhancing buffs and int (including int without gear). Do you remember the "congratz, you gained a level, you gained x strength, x mana, x health"? This accumulated mana is what it revers too. Your base mana of your level 70 is maybe around 2-2.5k (never played a paladin so its a wild guess). so consegration is like 600 or so? So no matter the specc, the spells will always cost the same amount of mana (before manacost reducing talents) and around the same mana as now + x.

Base mana for paladin on lvl 70 = 2953.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Base_Mana

So your HL with cost of 29% of base mana = 856 mana (on lvl 70).

yah I don't realy see this being much of a problem in wrath. If you are tanking you are geting heals anyway 10% of wich you get back in mana. Not somthing I would get concerned about

Quote Originally Posted by meliancill
    yah I don't realy see this being much of a problem in wrath. If you are tanking you are geting heals anyway 10% of wich you get back in mana. Not somthing I would get concerned about
    i siad solo, have u tried soloing as prot? will be impossible with mana cost that high and little to gain mana back with solo for prot....

Then maybe go ret to lvl. It's up to you, lvl as prot and run out of mana or lvl as ret and keep your mana. your just going to have to make that choice then I gues.

Or you could, you know, buy some water. I mean, I don't get this, are you complaining because you'd have downtime? If mana is an issue, be conservative, use SoW and don't spam consecrate when you only have a few mobs (Unless they're casters, then it can be a pain =X).

why not level as prot, its easier to get in instances, and its ok for ret to be 100% mana efficiant while soloing or pvp but not prot? why is that? i dont mind buying water but running out of mana while still fighting might gives some problems you know!

now: Holy Light Rank 11 = 840 Mana // Consecration Rank 6 = 660 Mana

Base-Mana @ Lvl70 = 2953

new: holy Light Rank 11 = 2953/100*29 = 856,37 / consecration Rank 6 = 2953/100 * 22 = 649,66

Your complaint is just ridiculous i think. There is NO increased Mana Cost...

Demajo

the only problem is , if a judgment is ressistet , or the target has a shield like those from priests ( does the absorbed dmg still count?) , that you stand there without mana dunno^^

I will wait and see what it ends up being @80 before making any judgements. My concerns aren't with holy who have high mana pools or ret with jotw, prot would be my concern. Gonna wait and see but while Mt'in a raid mana wouldn't be an issue, how about an Ot or 5man?
    I'm sure they got something in the works, this actually turned out to be a slight mana cost reduction @80(speculation using old cost vs current %'s) ,which is a slight change in the right direction. I'm still concerned but this shows that Blizzard is actively working on it.

How about

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=20166

And

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=53408

If the numbers are right and you get improved might you should be at least 2k ap in tanking gear and at least 300 SP from touched by the light.

2K x .09 + 300 x .09 on judgement = 207 mana
    2K x .14 + 300 x .14 on seal          = 322 mana

=529 mana chance on any one swing regardless of weapon speed.  You are specced prot so you wont have to worry about your health going down too fast and you have spells like guarded by the light and sheild of the templar to reduce mana cost of your spells.   Use a fast weapon and and you will hit 3-4 x during one consecrate more if you have reckoning.

Ret and holy will be judging light as they don't have the mitigation of prot.  You will be just fine with your mana pool.  Just make sure you farm in your prot/tanking gear.