Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...

Re: Death of the priest?

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestream
    rofl, u shitting me
    priests should always outheal druids/shammies on a boss fight, or at least 9/10. im not even coh and theyr not even close.
    i cant talk bout the last end game encounters as we just started sunwell, working on brut, but i dont see it change anytime soon. priests are the best healers in the game.
    Either you are extremely talented and ambitious or the other healers in your guild are absolutely terrible. There is no "best" healer any more. (4/6 SWP, resto shaman).

You know... I enjoy this topic and all, but there definitely needs to be a death of this subject. Let's just face it: We're not going to get what we want, but at least Blizzard is attempting to address some of our needs. Of the two, I'd much prefer the needs be met rather than the wants.

We hold our own, there will be a spot for us in raids (Shadow and Holy, don't know if Disc will get a spot except for DS) and the class is fun and versatile. What more do you want?

"Umm.... Inscription Glyphs to boost mindflay's range, perhaps? Oh, and, this DOES fix the DPS scaling issue by quite a lot, as mind flay will be spammed more as it re-applies SW:P, so any steps to improve its coefficient will improve scaling quite a bit. Matter of fact, fixing mind flay's scaling will fix shadow priest scaling completely, as VT scales properly already.
    As for the fact that we're stationary.... shadow priests will still have SW and VE to cast, which you can do while moving. Most classes are actually pretty stationary while doing maximum DPS."

Ummm....hello....
    I'm really not sure what to say other than you may want to check your numbers "fixing mind flay's scaling will fix shadow priest scaling completely" ...WTF???

Honestly, I'm not trying to be rude but your post just about sent me off my chair and I hope that you were joking.

If you're a SP or if you raid in one check out the damagem stats and see where we get most of our damage. It isn't MF and while this latest fix by Blizz is certainly a great step in the right direction - we still have the fundamental scaling issues (including the fact that MB and SW don't scale very well).

I agree with you that as it re-applies SW:P we will have more time to use it and will get a much better return, but we still have a lot of substantial issues, especially to be raid viable (and yes once again it is the beta and fingers crossed the powers that be in Blizz will fix things before WOTLK is released).

And in regards to the post about priests being the best/efficient healers, I really don't think anyone can say that. Yes we're awesome sauce in SWP. But other healing classes are essentiel and I'm not sure I've ever seen a raid with only Holy priests. Druids and shammies and pallies def have there place in any raid. Curious to know if anyone has done SWP or BT with only holy priests...