Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Light Well: Pros, Cons? Any improvements?

Creates a Holy Lightwell. Members of your raid or party can click the Lightwell to restore 4620 health over 6 sec. Attacks done to you equal to 30% of your total health will cancel the effect. Lightwell lasts for 3 min or 10 charges.
    17% of base mana, 40 yd range, 0.5 sec cast, 3 min cooldown

So, the infamous Lolwell, with the upcoming changes, do you see any good in speci for it? When would you use it? How will you use it? What are the advantages and disadvantages of this talent? If you completely hate it, how would you improve it in the most balanced way so it will not be marked OP or cause massive qq from other classes? Time for a ...constructive discussion on this well.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Create a Holy Lightwell that resembles the size of a night elf moonwell (5-10 yards?), without the extra gate + architecture of course, but make it yellow in colour. Members of your raid or party can step into the Light well to instantly restore 2500 health and gain the wishing well affect: heal 3500 health over 5 sec. Damage equal to 30% of the target's total health will cancel the wishing well affect. Last 10 charges or 3 minutes, target must leave the well for 10 sec before re-entering for their next charge.

17% base mana, 40 yd range, 0.5 sec cast, 3 minutes cooldown.

*wishing well affect does not restrict you to stay in the well for the duration, it's like a walking bandage.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Re: Light Well: Pros, Cons? Any improvements?

they should change holy well to be more pillar like. Its ridicilous try to lick it when you got resto shaman on it with a bigass ass and shield.

Or how about a Soulwell clone. Problem with Lightwell is healing isn't needed when the Lightwell is cast, its needed later, these would allow players to patch themselves up similar to bandages, but not an instant health boon like healthstones. Effect could also be dispellable or stolen for added balance, similar to Renew.

Lightwell
    5 sec cast
    5 min cooldown
    Creates a Holy Lightwell. Raid members can click the Holy Lightwell to acquire a Lightstone. The Lightwell lasts for 3 min or 10 charges.

and then you have:

Lightstones:
    Conjured Item
    Unique
    Requires Level 60
    Use: Casts Lightstone Renewal on the user, restoring 4620 health over 6 secs. Attacks done to you equal to 30% of your total health will cancel the effect. (2 Min Cooldown)

Cool idea - would have to store healthstone CD though >.<

better alternative: Everything gives mana nowadays... why not finally allow tradable manastones?...

Quote Originally Posted by Striph
    Or how about a Soulwell clone...
    WoW. That is such a good idea. For the first time since I hit 68 (when I went holy :x) Id actually put a point into lolwell.

Make that the new Lolwell!! D:

When I first saw Beacon of Light, I said to myself "This is what Lightwell should have been in the first place" and it really shows up as that, instead of targetting a player you drop the current object that automatically casts a HoT to everyone nearby; no clicking involved and no interruption on damage.

On my Paladin, I wouldn't mind switching Beacon of Light's current effect to the Priest's Lightwell. It looks too much like a Priest spell to begin with than that of a Paladin.

would be nice if Lightwell was a raidwide fixed-AoE HoT.

ie. if you're in range of it you get a small amount healed every x seconds until the lightwell's power is depleted (say; 30 sec?)

you could also get a vanity glyph to make it look like a moonwell!

sounds like a healing stream totem....

i think the improvements they did to lightwell are good.. i think the lightwell should last as long as there are charges tho..

It's just a game.

Nogi

Won't ever happen but:

Lightwell - Creates surge of light sparkling holy energy to 10 party raid member in 15 yard range for 20 sec. A party or raid member that is inflicted by the holy energy will restore 4620 health over 6 secs. Attacks done to you equal to 30% of your total health will cancel the effect. A member can only be effected by one holy energy at a time.
    17% of base mana, 40 yd range, 0.5 sec cast, 3 min cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by Okoto
    No. Bad idea is bad. Horrible idea is horrible.
    your feedback is very constructive indeed

more specifically, why is it so horrible?

anyway what i was thinking is to some how remove the clicking part, so when people see the patch of yellowish holy light, they can just walk right pass it to get the heals without having to cursor point + click.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Lightwell is terrible and should be removed, i don't know when blizzard will realize that this talent is terrible. A heal over time that is cancelled if you take damage, and the placement of the well cant be moved once you place it making it worthless for most boss encounters where you have to move around, and completely useless in pvp. It should just be removed, circle of healing should either be the 31 point talent and priests should recieve a new 41 pointer, or a new 31 pointer and keep CoH at 41.

i think clicking lightwell is as hard as clicking magtheridon's cubes
    some people find it easy but most people (like me) will forget it
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelaeno
    must leave the well for 10 sec before re-entering for their next charge
    Attach this to current beta Lightwell and I will be relatively happy.

15+ Year Old Account

the only thing that can improve lightwell is if you can't use the well with a lightwell hot on.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Actually would be cool if they could make it like 10 yards wide "void zone" of light and running trought it or standing it would grant you the hot and also give debuff preventing getting new one maybe for next 1 min?

It's fine as it is now (in WOTLK). If your raid members are too stupid to click it, or too stupid to not spam click it, I'd look at other problems besides healing first.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelaeno
    your feedback is very constructive indeed

more specifically, why is it so horrible?

anyway what i was thinking is to some how remove the clicking part, so when people see the patch of yellowish holy light, they can just walk right pass it to get the heals without having to cursor point + click.
    Wishing well, Moonwell. So not priest-ish... more of... gay-ish. I don't have anything against stuff being gay-ish, but not when it comes to priest. Blood elf are ok with gay style, it fits to their whole elitist attitude.
    Do you play female night elf?

On topic, just remove the "break" component. Lightwell, is a hot with fixed healing which can be spammed every 6 sec and has cooldown. This talent has been abandoned since forever, time to make it usable. I can't understand how Blizzard can sit quiet about a 31 point talent that nobody takes for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by dionadar
    Cool idea - would have to store healthstone CD though >.<

better alternative: Everything gives mana nowadays... why not finally allow tradable manastones?...
    No, it would share cooldown with Heathstones. So it would suck.

There are no exceptions to the defensive/offensive/potion consumable rule; all items in each category share cooldown. Healthstones and Lightstones would both fall into the defensive category.

Personally, I use the LW in all of my PVE builds. I joined the guild (Xfer) a bit back, and never used it myself till I arrived. The other 2 main Holy priests, kinda drilled the concept into the thick heads of everyone in the guild, and on many a boss fights, Lightwell renew heals for about 4th on my meter's. Its really about situational awareness, knowing whats coming, and knowing if it will have any effect.

I personally like the new changes, and would like them to stay the same. Why?

Fights like Felmyst, the 3 sec aura damage, would currently negate the lightwell effect before it even ticked once. But with new changes, isolated players could easily use the well and restore HP after a major hit to the raid (like say, a poorly placed encap, on a 'slightly' out of position person lol).
    When this was first buffed, it had no cancelation effect, which i would have prefered, would probably have become a self-serve tank HoT if so...

There are so many fights, where the LW could be used to extreme advantage, if only minor damages wouldn't break the effect (RoS/GBB/Kalecgos). I drop a LW on every CD for Counsil fight, even though its kinda at a mook point for that, with so many random raid healers. But the multi positioning for that, is tremendous, drop on the ranged side, while your Mage tank/Rogue tank side, and heal both.

"No, it would share cooldown with Heathstones. So it would suck. "

So?

What do I care if I cannot use a healthstone?

It is not as if holy priests were chugging healthstones anyway... Dark Runes ftw...