Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: PvP Rewards, Hunter changes, Blue posts, Blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by Marvdatboi
    So one class without a doubt should completely dominate the other based off of an opening move. Why must I pay for it only to not be viable to do anything after. Some rogues don't open up on mages with a Cheap Shot seeing as you can Blink out of it so they start off with Garrote which not only is a non dispellable bleed a 3 sec silence and surely your posions will do off further crippling the mage. The situation your describing to me is damned if you do and damned if you don't which makes no sense to me.
    Uh see mage vs. warrior.

But in this case it's not just the opening move, it's pretty much the whole fight where I'm dominated.
    But it's fine with me because I have advantages over other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetro
    I'm not sure what Blizz is thinking when they say "most fury warriors are using two-handers". Last I checked, most warriors go hybrid in which they split between fury and arms. And even if they have 1 extra point into the fury opposed to the arms tree so the system says they're fury, they're still a hybrid and dont completely utilize the full arms or fury tree. This xpac will be no different as most warriors will either be hybrid or go prot as the end talents don't justify spending all your points into one tree.

While warriors may have gotten away with going hybrid in TBC, and may also get away with it in this xpac, it's really only a matter of time till it starts to severely gimp warriors when most other classes will be able to enjoy their supposedly much more powerful end talents while warriors are still running around with similar setups from vanilla WoW.
    Ok, so I'm going to spell out in simple terms what the blue said.

"The design is for Titan's Grip to be a dps increase. It's easy to make it too much of an increase, and we may be being too cautious with the numbers at the moment. But when we talk about Lich King, we are assuming most Fury warriors are using two-handers. It's not supposed to be hard decision."

Translation for the retarded --- "Look fools, yeah, Titan Grip might be kinda fail and you ninnies are all being emo-dramawhores about it but we're going to make it work because we're itemizing gear around it. So if you guys would chill and let us finish up what we're doing in other parts of the game right now. We'll lay some sugar on ya so the talents are made so you will want to spec into the talent in order to do the BEST possible dps."

I hope that helps people.

Quote Originally Posted by ResiduaL
    Uh see mage vs. warrior.

But in this case it's not just the opening move, it's pretty much the whole fight where I'm dominated.
    But it's fine with me because I have advantages over other classes.
    Warriors can beat a mage though its not a 100% guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahnameblah
    ^ this.

I was wondering how much mages were going to cry that some of their best (free!) spells are actually going to cost them mana now...

Still doubt this downrank change is going to go live as is.

How often I forget that rogues are the only class with stealth... lol.
    The talk was about rogue openers. I run into far more rogues than feral druids. I'll try to be more specific next time, even though it has zero influence on the subject at hand.

Obviously biases come into play. Each side trades advantages depending on getting an opener or drawing out of stealth. I just don't think rogues or feral druids have enough classes capable of spamming lower ranked AE spells for them to be at an even close to disadvantage because of it. Rank 1 spells are, in my opinion, a needed counter to stealth
    We don't really think we need more caster hate in the game right now. - GC

You know, I really don't have an issue with mages having a (needed?) utility for countering stealth...
    So, okay, keep your rank 1 basically mana-free spam, but as a trade off, lose the ability to blink out of a stun.
    lol

Rank 1 Arcane Explosion is a non-factor for getting an opener off as a Rogue. That's all there is to it.

You sap the Mage, then molest him in any way you see fit. Stop talking about it.

^

Yeah for the most part. I use rank 1 blizzard waaaay more for it. With how expensive full rank blizzard is on mana, it would pretty much kill the spell entirely as I don't think I've ever used the full rank spell in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinamic
    ^

Yeah for the most part. I use rank 1 blizzard waaaay more for it. With how expensive full rank blizzard is on mana, it would pretty much kill the spell entirely as I don't think I've ever used the full rank spell in pvp.
    At least you have some tools against it, if you don't want to spend the mana on it then you can stand or walk around like all the other classes waiting to get opened up on. This QQing is like a warrior crying that they cant spam demo shout infinitely to find rogues and druids. Stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackburn
    At least you have some tools against it, if you don't want to spend the mana on it then you can stand or walk around like all the other classes waiting to get opened up on. This QQing is like a warrior crying that they cant spam demo shout infinitely to find rogues and druids. Stop whining.
    I love it. Disagreeing = whining in WoW.

Yes we have tools to get rogues of out of stealth, as things are <i>now</i>. Once this change goes live, those tools have lost their use. It's just flat out, won't be worth the mana to guess a rogue out of stealth. You shouldn't have a no-worry guaranteed opener or waltz around in stealth. It's pretty much the only thing rogues have to worry about at the moment.

I love it. Disagreeing = whining in WoW.

Yes we have tools to get rogues of out of stealth, as things are <i>now</i>. Once this change goes live, those tools have lost their use. It's just flat out, won't be worth the mana to guess a rogue out of stealth. You shouldn't have a no-worry guaranteed opener or waltz around in stealth. It's pretty much the only thing rogues have to worry about at the moment.
    A class shouldn't be allowed to do what's it designed to do? That's why stealth detection eyes pop up in arena 2 minutes into game. And while we're at stopping classes from doing what they're suppose to, lets stop druids from inifinitely shifting out of snares and roots, and lets stop mages from blinking and rooting me all the time, because I don't like that, and like you I want things my way too.

And if you payed a bit more attention, you'd notice by the armory link in my sig that my main is a warrior, not a rogue.

A class shouldn't be allowed to do what's it designed to do? That's why stealth detection eyes pop up in arena 2 minutes into game. And while we're at stopping classes from doing what they're suppose to, lets stop druids from inifinitely shifting out of snares and roots, and lets stop mages from blinking and rooting me all the time, because I don't like that, and like you I want things my way too.

And if you payed a bit more attention, you'd notice by the armory link in my sig that my main is a warrior, not a rogue.
    Yea but the fact that you have Clos, vanish, and prep doesn't help much amirite :?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvdatboi
    Yea but the fact that you have Clos, vanish, and prep doesn't help much amirite :?
    Frost nova, pet nova, blink, auto snare/auto thunderclap/potential auto-nova on every hit of your armor, iceblock, frost armor, cold snap, another nova automatically when your shield goes down... and when in doubt.... sheep, reset fight... Seriously, with more buffs than any class so far in wotlk, mages just never stop complaining.

And since when do warriors have all those abilities?!?!

A class shouldn't have a blank check to do what it wants to do. Rogues are not <b>entitled</b> to an opener. They aren't <b>entitled</b> to have a free run around in stealth. Am I guaranteed to polymorph you off the bat just so I can get the opener, or are you given tools to keep me from doing that?

Classes have counters, abilities have counters. Rank 1 spells are a counter to stealth. It's always been that way. Really, what are you arguing?

Your main has nothing to do with this. I'm sorry if I tossed an incorrect pronoun at you, but it really doesn't change my point. The warrior:mage bias is shining though. At least I admitted mine.

A class shouldn't have a blank check to do what it wants to do. Rogues are not <b>entitled</b> to an opener. They aren't <b>entitled</b> to have a free run around in stealth. Am I guaranteed to polymorph you off the bat just so I can get the opener, or are you given tools to keep me from doing that?

Classes have counters, abilities have counters. Rank 1 spells are a counter to stealth. It's always been that way. Really, what are you arguing?

Your main has nothing to do with this. I'm sorry if I tossed an incorrect pronoun at you, but it really doesn't change my point. The warrior:mage bias is shining though. At least I admitted mine.

Oh god you don't have rank 1 anymore.

STEALTH DOES ENTITLE ME TO RUN AROUND FOR FREE. Last i checked I was a STEALTH CLASS. We don't have a blank check, we open (if something doesn't pull us out of stealth), get some damage off, you're now going to kite me around for 7 years and maybe let me get a hit off now and then, if you don't blink away. Shutup, deal with it. I doubt you're actually that screwed.

I'd like to explain the something, it could be a pet, flare, a human anything who thinks there is a rogue, hell even me getting unlucky with lag, you could see me and AE or fn etc.

*shrugs*
    I fix things, sometimes, when they let me out of my cage.
    @Rawrbmb Watch me stream stuff on Twitch

I can't believe that mages are crying because of their missing aoe rank 1.

I am playing a druid, and I can break through ANY skill spamming and land an opener on my enemy. It's all about timing and sometimes you may have to use sprint.

The only option I can see is that you are playing against dumb rogues and druids. Therefore, the opener shouldn't matter much, since they are dumb and will probably mess up other things, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharandris
    I can't believe that mages are crying because of their missing aoe rank 1.

I am playing a druid, and I can break through ANY skill spamming and land an opener on my enemy. It's all about timing and sometimes you may have to use sprint.

The only option I can see is that you are playing against dumb rogues and druids. Therefore, the opener shouldn't matter much, since they are dumb and will probably mess up other things, too.
    Mages are trying to argue the fact that if they wanna do away with downranking then give us tools to kite and and flush out stealthed chars. Seriously why are rogues even arguing that AE spam ruins their chances of killing a mage when you have so many damn options outside of stealth and that first opener. It's not like you can't get through the spam.

All I learned from your post is that mages are ENTITLED a basically mana free stealth breaker. lol

lol.. the meleeback is better that the one from maggy :P :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Worgens for Alliance, Goblins for Horde.

I'll run naked in the streets of Paris and post the video on the front page if I'm wrong.

Lol at mages.

You get sapped outside aoe range so what difference does it make, flare doesn't work so why should a rank 1 spell with no cooldown do the job better.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopus
    Lol at mages.

You get sapped outside aoe range so what difference does it make, flare doesn't work so why should a rank 1 spell with no cooldown do the job better.

Something is better then nothing.