Moonkin [Leveling Help]

My druid is currently lvl 36 and feral specced.
    I want to ultimately spec balance, but probably going to wait until lvl 40.

I have a full set of caster gear, but I'm still unsure on whether or not to do this.

I'm not too concerned with lvling speed, I just lvled a warlock 1-60 in under 4 days, just want it to be fun.

[Actual questions]
    1. Do I want to wait to get the talents that increase crit damage and +bonus spell damage received until outlands? Not much +dmg or crit gear in azeroth.

2. What is the ranking importance of the stats? (keep in mind, i won't have intensity until late 60s): int, spirit, stamina, +spell dmg, +spell crit, +mp/5

3. I know I can easily heal in caster form, but could I technically tank in moonkin in the 40-70 instances?

4. Spell rotations...was thinking Starfire-->IS-->Moonfire-->Wrath...or is that too mana intensive?

5. Is leatherworking useful for moonkins at all?

Thanks <3

Re: Moonkin [Leveling Help]

Quote Originally Posted by KokoMonkey
    My druid is currently lvl 36 and feral specced.
    I want to ultimately spec balance, but probably going to wait until lvl 40.

I have a full set of caster gear, but I'm still unsure on whether or not to do this.

I'm not too concerned with lvling speed, I just lvled a warlock 1-60 in under 4 days, just want it to be fun.

[Actual questions]
    1. Do I want to wait to get the talents that increase crit damage and +bonus spell damage received until outlands? Not much +dmg or crit gear in azeroth.

2. What is the ranking importance of the stats? (keep in mind, i won't have intensity until late 60s): int, spirit, stamina, +spell dmg, +spell crit, +mp/5

3. I know I can easily heal in caster form, but could I technically tank in moonkin in the 40-70 instances?

4. Spell rotations...was thinking Starfire-->IS-->Moonfire-->Wrath...or is that too mana intensive?

5. Is leatherworking useful for moonkins at all?

Thanks <3

1. yes i would wait until outland before going moonkin thats what i did but its completley up to.

2.just worry about stamina , intellect , spell damage,spell crit and mp5 aint a big deal at all.

3.no you cannot technically tank with moonkin form its not a good idea, whoever came up with the panzerkin(moonkin tank) was probaly high on something lol

4. in pve it dont really matter just entangle and nuke them with starfire or justt wrath em put always try to keep mf and is up.

5.no Lw is not useful for moonkins at all , you can only make 1 descent set of gear but its pretty much for restokins because it has more +healing then +spell damage.

Hope i answered your questions

Quote Originally Posted by doomkin11
    2.just worry about stamina , intellect , spell damage,spell crit and mp5 aint a big deal at all
    Um, stamina intellect spelldmage spellcrit and mp5 aint a big deal?...

He said get stamina and int.
    I'd agree with that, but leaning a little more toward int.
    That is all.

Um, stamina intellect spelldmage spellcrit and mp5 aint a big deal?...
    haha i said they were all a big deal except mp5

So spirit isn't useful without intensity?

So spirit isn't useful without intensity?
    What do you think? Is 0 mana regened from spirit while casting useful?

@OP, what other posters said: only spec Moonkin once you hit Outlands, the quest gear is perfect for it (you'll be cloth mostly, but at least good amount of int/dmg/crit), unlike Azeroth one. I leveled 60-70 as Balance, it's uber fun, although feral is less time consuming, but not by a lot. Moonkin kills faster, but has downtime.

you can do some tanking like rogue can
    but i would not take a moonkin to tank full run but as OT shure why not make one mob bussy while it hits you but your casts are pushed back then and you aint realy ment to tank but its posible in some ways beter tank moonkin is than a mage but well...

Feels so hard to lvl as feral considering I have a lvl 70 warrior and a lvl 70 rogue...

And if I'm just wearing cloth, which doesn't seem too bad in pve, wouldn't I be geared as well as a mage?
    Unless leather really is important in solo pve...

Tip: if u wanna one shot mobs with starfire go for 200 spelldmg at 50 :P

I thought this forum was to talk about the druid class in wotlk... not to ask noobs questions... that is what the official wow forums are for...
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    I thought this forum was to talk about the druid class in wotlk... not to ask noobs questions... that is what the official wow forums are for...
    This forum is about love.
    :-*