Thread: Psychic Horror

Psychic Horror

Anyone know for sure what this talent does? From what I read it's kinda like a death coil, can't get resisted nor does it break by damage, but it can be dispelled with spells/trinkets. But what about DRs? Does it suffer from DRs from Psychic Scream, fear and so on or is it like death coil there as well?

Re: Psychic Horror

From my understanding of reading the Tooltip, it makes targets that we fear undispellable for the 4seconds they are in horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoue
    Anyone know for sure what this talent does? From what I read it's kinda like a death coil, can't get resisted nor does it break by damage, but it can be dispelled with spells/trinkets. But what about DRs? Does it suffer from DRs from Psychic Scream, fear and so on or is it like death coil there as well?
    Death coil can be resisted btw

This is basically sayin that we get a "fear" that wont be broken as soon as we use it. Warriors wont be able to fear break it for 4 seconds, until it turns from horror back to fear

This gives the shadow priest a chance when getting munched by melees like rogue (especially UD rogues cuz of wotf), warrior and ench shaman who just auto attacks and purges everything. For which i salute blizzard for giving a simple solution for the problem.

But no one know if it will suffer from DRs from regular fears?

Horror effects can be dispelled with trinkets and magical dispells, they break on damage and they can be resisted.

However, they ignore fear-immunity effects like berserker rage, Fear Ward, and WotF.

Psychic scream is a long-ish cooldown spell, so Diminishing returns have never applied to it's duration, and the same will apply to the horror effect, unless the target has been Death Coiled in the last 15 seconds.

It's a strong PvP talent, one that many shadowpriests have been requesting for a loooong time.

So basically this will be doing two fears simultaneously? One 9-second shadow effect and a 4-second horror ?

15+ Year Old Account

all it is, is a fear that cant besresisted by fear ward or berserker rage. has the death coil effect ( talking fear wise)

Quote Originally Posted by Inoue
    But no one know if it will suffer from DRs from regular fears?
    When they introduced Dimishing Returns, they said something like "there is a DR category for Horror effects. Currently only Deathcoil is in this category".
    Guess this will be as well.