Poll: If you had to chose between getting a Interrupt of Distant Closer, which would you chose?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Distant Closer or Interrupt? One or the Other: You chose

If you had to pick between getting a Distant Closer or a Interrupt, which would you chose?
    ;D
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Re: Distant Closer or Interrupt? One or the Other: You chose

huh?
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    huh?
    You have the choice between a new Interrupt ability, or a ability that allows you to gain distance on a opposing player. Which one would you choose?

This OP's English isn't great, but it's not that hard to bad either .

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

a slow should be an option

Quote Originally Posted by Stenhord
    a slow should be an option
    But, it's not. So, CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY!.

Deleted

I voted interrupt.

Just because we have lots of antisnare and ways to close distances, not reliable like a simple intercept on 15 secs CD but still.

And i'm rather sick to see healers overhealiong my bursts.

It's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugrateful
    Yeah I'm going with you on this one. I got Hammer of GG for runners. Imo over all a charge like spell isn't needed for the paladin class all that much. We got Poj 2 stuns 3 with undead and demons, What we need is some other way to stop a cast. Then again what will we give up to have this new spell ?
    roll blood elf? ;D

I chose neither.

I will assume this is PvP oriented. (Obviously)

For closers, we have Judgement of Justice + Pursuit of Justice. The names of these spells are not coincidental -_-

As for interupt... It's really not going to solve any of our problems for healers. We still wont be able to fight against HoTs, and we still wont be able to stop a Priest from simply fearing us then healing. It wouldnt really solve a whole lot... except for fighting the old Holy Paladins, which seems kind of like a step back.

With all of the new instant healing spells in wotlk, I really dont see interupt having as big as an effect as it does now. I'd much rather see a better anti CC spell or undispellable Hand Spells. (Like that will happen lol)

I just wish I could get d2 pally charge. It's basically an intercept + stun + instant strike with huge damage modifier + knockback to a good distance so you can charge again. Let it have no cooldown and low mana cost and I'll be happy

A distant closer is by far less effective than an interrupt. You just close the distance, and the healer can then cast whatever he wants, since you can't interrupt him.

On the other hand, if you were to get an interrupt, you would close the distance slower, although without greater problems (Presumably), and then be able to smack away at the healer, being able to put real pressure on him/her with bursts, stun, repentance, interrupt and arcane torrent, if you're a bloodelf.

Vanish and do both.

You might be rigth about anti cc spell or dispellable hand spells, but i got to tell you after reading most of your post about the paladin i can't help but think you are all for anything productive done with protection or Holy however when it comes to Ret you just dismiss it with post like these.
    To me this seems more of a case of an Caydiem, Eillia event. You seem to only want to have 1-2 trees viable for content. If you every played a Ret paladin for a long time you would clearly see that interruptions a needed thing for a Ret Paladin in pvp. You still haven't really given any real proof that we just don't need it. Some of your posts you have thought out and sound minded view points that i even agree with but on this subject you just dismiss it without giving any actual proof that a Ret paladin's burst damage is all he needs when fighting a Healer.

Did you ever consider, that maybe he just wants some balance? We have to be weak against *some* classes 1 on 1, and with WotL, the only class we are really weak against 1 on 1 is the healers. We basically destroy any melee class, we can kill anything but good hunters, and great mages, Warlocks fall like leaves in the wind to our bubble, and unless the shaman is a bloody marvel, he's dead against us as well.

I realize, that it *sucks* to watch a healer just ignore our burst through preventative healing, or just healing through it, but we *have* an interrupt, in our stun, we have an interupt in our repentence in a 1 on 1 situation, we don't also need a counterspell.

Quote Originally Posted by Samiel
    I realize, that it *sucks* to watch a healer just ignore our burst through preventative healing, or just healing through it, but we *have* an interrupt, in our stun, we have an interupt in our repentence in a 1 on 1 situation, we don't also need a counterspell.
    I would never think I would say this but I'm with Ungrateful on this one :P.

Have you ever seriously attempted killing a Resto. Shaman or Druid wil just Hammer of Justice? If the Druids HOT's do not keep him up his "FULLHPLOL" will, and a Shaman has Earth Shield which coupled with his heals are ... annoying to say the least.

The only reasons I'm sort of weary about an interupt possiblity is the fact that we would gain yet another ability, which takes up another hotbar spot.
    And having Crusader Strike changed like some people suggest is not an option, a interrupt every 6 seconds is just too overpowered.

But yeah, an interrupt would be nice .

To clarify my conserns for the extra hotbar spot were not really because I do not have enough, but it's just that it would be yet another abiltity a Paladin would have and we already have too many tbh.

Did you ever consider, that maybe he just wants some balance? We have to be weak against *some* classes 1 on 1, and with WotL, the only class we are really weak against 1 on 1 is the healers. We basically destroy any melee class, we can kill anything but good hunters, and great mages, Warlocks fall like leaves in the wind to our bubble, and unless the shaman is a bloody marvel, he's dead against us as well.
    Being that both of my most played toons are a pally and a shammy, I'm not even slightly worried about Ret paladins, even after these changes. Enhancement probably wont want to go toe to toe with one, but frost shock makes ret a LOLspec against a sham.

Which is why I'd favor a CC reduction or a snare. You're never going to be able to burst down a healer solo. Only a few classes can do that and they have one of the three effects: purge, chain stuns, or mortal strike. Ret works best when paired with someone who has these things.

The new talents give us some killer great dps (and pve raid utility), and makes our utility easier to use / more effective, but lets face it, ret pvp utility isn't really balanced against things that really make a difference in pvp, where purges/stuns/interrupts/cc/ms rule the roost. The new HoJ changes are great, but its not going to be enough imo. LK is stacking preventative healing measures and boosting healers abilities to survive through the roof.

In short, interrupts and distance closers (unless it was on a rediculous short cooldown) won't help. Anti CC or snares will help the pvp utility of ret more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    I would never think I would say this but I'm with Ungrateful on this one :P.

Have you ever seriously attempted killing a Resto. Shaman or Druid wil just Hammer of Justice? If the Druids HOT's do not keep him up his "FULLHPLOL" will, and a Shaman has Earth Shield which coupled with his heals are ... annoying to say the least.

The only reasons I'm sort of weary about an interupt possiblity is the fact that we would gain yet another ability, which takes up another hotbar spot.
    And having Crusader Strike changed like some people suggest is not an option, a interrupt every 6 seconds is just too overpowered.

But yeah, an interrupt would be nice .
    I guess it comes from playing in 2's but when I see a resto druid pop into Healer form, I repent, run over, and smack them with everything I have, which forces a swiftmend, from them, and then I stun, and they have to options, trinket out now, and switch to bear, stay in caster mode and try to get a Cyclone off, or hope to god, that they can outrun me. And *if* they chose to do either, I just follow them, forcing them to keep themselves healed and give up on their buddy.

Yeah, I hate it that I can't burn them with my burst, yeah, sure, Resto Shaman are a PITA, Hell yes, Disc Priests are almost IMPOSSIBLE for me to even dent. But you know what? Ele Shammies have one chance to get Frost Shock off on me, Enhancement Shammies might as well be paper wearing classes, with my Bubble up, I can comfortably take on any class 1 on 1, except for a healing spec class, Subtlety Rogue or a Disc Priest. If we are talking *even* skills. (Because there are sure people who are *more* skilled than me.)

However, the point is, that is where balance comes in, we have a tool, in our DS, in our BoF that allows us as a class and spec, to get a lead start on another class, to the point where they are *forced* on the defensive, and forced to attempt to kite us, something that is, at best hard to do, and if we play our cards right, bloody impossible.

Yeah, I hate it that I can't burn them with my burst, yeah, sure, Resto Shaman are a PITA, Hell yes, Disc Priests are almost IMPOSSIBLE for me to even dent. But you know what? Ele Shammies have one chance to get Frost Shock off on me, Enhancement Shammies might as well be paper wearing classes, with my Bubble up, I can comfortably take on any class 1 on 1, except for a healing spec class, Subtlety Rogue or a Disc Priest. If we are talking *even* skills. (Because there are sure people who are *more* skilled than me.)
    that's just the thing though. DS and BoF don't help against classes that can move faster than you. JoJ works for certain, but you dont run around with it on so it can be judged before someone gets out of range. pvp shammies and druids both now have the ability to shapeshit out of cc into travel forms, instantly. At my fastest as ret you get POJ + normal speed, which doesn't provide any speed advantage over the enemy, but everyone else has a root or a snare, which ret pallies don't have. that means that those two particular healers have a huge mobility advantage over ret, since ret can only blow bubble to get out of it, and it can be reapplied almost instantly.

A cc breaker or a snare will help so much more overall in keeping in with your opponent. they'll be less likely to get away to drink, closer for stun interrupts and judges, and generally needing to keep mobile.

Ret suffers from a lot of problems enhancement did for years. enhancement used to be able to get locked down so easily. ret is really easy to kite. its the same mobility issue, yet shams got theirs fixed. ret could use it too.

As for Enhancement Shammies i have found some that rival my own skill in pvp but the fight always end up to be very close. It's a 50/50 when fighting this players and not always a given win. Either you chain crit or they do. A good shaman uses frost shock with Earthbinding totem and purge w.e they see bof or any blessings and also kites till he gets a bit of a lead in hp. I am not saying that Enhancement Shamans atm are in any good shape, i am saying that good players that know and play this spec can and do with against Ret Paladins. If you don't take down their totems and cleanse while timming your cc and burst damage correctly Enchancement Shamans will rip your face off if you give them a chance.
    I'd say enhancement is in much better shape than ret right now. outside of a few cantrips, they don't really bring anything more to the raid then enhancement does, especially pve wise. pvp wise i really think their mobility and shamanistic range is going to be a clincher. i'm glad ret is getting some utility and attention, but somethin else is gonna have to change before it becomes effected. in arenas cc, snares, and kiting are the name of the game, and pallies have so little abilities to deal with that.

I voted for a distance closer, although in truth, I'd like to see something that's in middle ground.

Remove Judgement of Justice, make a similar spell called "Chains of Justice" which reduces movement and casting speed of the target by 10% every 2 seconds while they are more than 20 feet (That is the new Judgement range, yeah?) away from the Paladin, with the slow effect having only the 2 second duration, so if they come within range, they can move and cast freely again.

The ability would have to be limited, we have enough long cooldowns, so I'd say 1 minute CD, 30 second duration, and when it expires the Paladin's movement and casting speed is reduced by 20% for 30 seconds.

Something to consider at the very least... it doesn't have to be JUST a charge or JUST an interrupt, I think the more creative the solution to a problem, the better the chances are (Remote, in either case) that someone important will think it's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Minders
    I just wish I could get d2 pally charge. It's basically an intercept + stun + instant strike with huge damage modifier + knockback to a good distance so you can charge again. Let it have no cooldown and low mana cost and I'll be happy
    i'd take zeal over charge any day, will b like the good ol' reckoning :P.

and on topic, even though i have a BE(forsaken my human since alliance sucks) i find that in most cases i would much rather have an(other) interrupt since almost any other class can slow the opponent down for me but an extra interrupt on healers or warlocks is always much appreciated.