Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Priest Fear + Warlock Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    1. I'm a Troll Priest
    2. I have Shadow Guard
    3. I fear as a Melee class hits me, Shadow Guard procs after fear, and the fear breaks from 400 damage.

1. I'm a Warlock
    2. I have 6 Dots on someone
    3. I fear and watch them tick for half their life.

When will Blizzard fix our AoE fear and nerf the shit out of lock single target fears? I cannot count the number of times that someone has broken out of my fear from 1 damage. Needless to say, when it does last for half someone's life, I'm amazed and wonder why its so broken.

The mere fact that I'm upset is that a Warlock can fear over and over and by the time I am able to do anything, I am at 20% with the possibility of a Death Coil into w/e else.

Whatever, just ignore this post, I'm just tired of how broken priests fears are.
    sorry you feel that way... but ive been feared by priests with a hunter attacking me and an undead priest fully dotting and mindflaying and the fear didnt break.

its luck... or in your case bad luck

Quote Originally Posted by favara
    Should a class classified as 'primary healer' have better CC than a pure dps class?
    what does that even mean?

there are now 4 classes able to heal at any level, so we're not primary in THAT sense

and we have a tree that has a talent (which is a must for the spec) that completely shuts down ALL our healing spells.

And at BEST the OP just wants to have comparable (not better) fear for our ONE fear spell as the warlock has multiple

Deleted

Point is that if the fear breaks, even a skilled lock does not have much chances against melee (don't even get me started on cloak of lol and stun ). A priest can still shield and even heal himself (not as good if its a shadow, I agree, but still).

But anyway, it's not even worth discussing given that fear in itself is not at all anything to be concerned about.

On interesting point though is: How can you see someone get damaged to 50% of their hp in a 10 sek fear (even then it's a joke because the max fear is 5 sec with the first one being trinketed anyway)? Dots tick for 300-400 dmg every 3 sec on average. Even if there are 3 dots on you to begin with (which has nothing to do with fear because you have to cast it beforehand), thats a maximum of 3x3x400 = 3,600 dmg. If this is 50% of your hp in PvP, you have a MUCH worse problem than fear breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss
    On interesting point though is: How can you see someone get damaged to 50% of their hp in a 10 sek fear (even then it's a joke because the max fear is 5 sec with the first one being trinketed anyway)? Dots tick for 300-400 dmg every 3 sec on average. Even if there are 3 dots on you to begin with (which has nothing to do with fear because you have to cast it beforehand), thats a maximum of 3x3x400 = 3,600 dmg. If this is 50% of your hp in PvP, you have a MUCH worse problem than fear breaking
    Oh yeah, I cant take half your life with no possibility of you stopping me, I can only do 3600 damage with no possibility of you stopping me. Great argument, lol.

Point is that if the fear breaks, even a skilled lock does not have much chances against melee (don't even get me started on cloak of lol and stun ). A priest can still shield and even heal himself (not as good if its a shadow, I agree, but still).

But anyway, it's not even worth discussing given that fear in itself is not at all anything to be concerned about.

You know shadowpriest got same chances as lock against melee. Heals or not. I think they should be similar in effect given that PS got 30 year long cd.

I'm not going to trinket the first fear if I do not have to. (Read the first post. I am a Troll Priest, not Undead).

The main concern of my post was that I'm upset that 7/10 times I fear someone and it breaks with 1-500 damage, unlike that of warlock's fear which seems to last forever.

Yeah understood that and i agree. It should have fixed amount of dmg it can take before breaking to remove the unnessary RNG factor.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by favara
    Should a class classified as 'primary healer' have better CC than a pure dps class?
    Druid. And it's not even a "primary healer" but a hybrid, FFS.

Sorry, could not resist. Nothing to see here, move along. BTW, Priests could really use a shortened cooldown on Psychic Scream, but Shadow is getting some nice buffs in Wrath, and Discipline is rather solid IMHO.