Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Priest Fear + Warlock Fear

1. I'm a Troll Priest
    2. I have Shadow Guard
    3. I fear as a Melee class hits me, Shadow Guard procs after fear, and the fear breaks from 400 damage.

1. I'm a Warlock
    2. I have 6 Dots on someone
    3. I fear and watch them tick for half their life.

When will Blizzard fix our AoE fear and nerf the shit out of lock single target fears? I cannot count the number of times that someone has broken out of my fear from 1 damage. Needless to say, when it does last for half someone's life, I'm amazed and wonder why its so broken.

The mere fact that I'm upset is that a Warlock can fear over and over and by the time I am able to do anything, I am at 20% with the possibility of a Death Coil into w/e else.

Whatever, just ignore this post, I'm just tired of how broken priests fears are.

Re: Priest Fear + Warlock Fear

I currently play shadow priest in arena.

I love how fear works. Pop it as soon as you can so its back up again sooner.

Most classes can self dispel fear or have a team mate dispel it for them.

I think the priests fear works fine. It opens alot of range for myself and the rest of my team.

Only fear issue i have is sometimes against warriors but can normally finish them before they get a swing off.

-Sikes

Idd its bit RNG based. As a undead i dont got problems with locks chain fearing but gotta admit it sucks when scream breaks after first tick of swp.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Idd its bit RNG based. As a undead i dont got problems with locks chain fearing but gotta admit it sucks when scream breaks after first tick of swp.
    I also dont have an issue with fears,
    Undead
    Fear ward
    Team mate dispel
    Trinket
    (by then fear ward is up again)

Quote Originally Posted by Sikes99
    I also dont have an issue with fears,
    Undead
    Fear ward
    Team mate dispel
    Trinket
    (by then fear ward is up again)
    Say you are not with someone that can dispel you. Say your fear ward gets eaten by say, a PET, and say you trinket the first fear, right into another fear. What are you going to do now?

Of course in perfect conditions you won't be feared.

The first fear can last up to 10 sec, trinket and they re-fear, can only last 5 seconds.
    Fear is subject to diminishing returns. It also shares the DR with the succubus. It's not that the AOE fear isn't as good as the lock fear..it's just that RNG hates you. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    Say you are not with someone that can dispel you.  Say your fear ward gets eaten by say, a PET, and say you trinket the first fear, right into another fear.  What are you going to do now?

Of course in perfect conditions you won't be feared. 
    Lol.

Well first off i won't ever trinket fear with out WOTF first.

Ok, so let say im playing with a rogue, (or any other class that cant dispel).

Im feared, and nothing is up.

Then so be it. Im feared, if im being dotted up thats ok.

Once fears off, dispel dots.

Finish off the lock

Personaly i dont think i have ever lost a game to myself being feared
    ;D

Also it helps if you dont cast fear ward 20 years before just to get it dispelled. Use fearward like counterspell on first or second fear. Serves* you much better that way.

Yeah ture.

I also buff fearward first, then shadow
    stam
    inner focus
    ect
    ect

only thing i got from this post is that fear as an ability is kinda usles as everyone seems to have way around it....

Quote Originally Posted by Tribu
    only thing i got from this post is that fear as an ability is kinda usles as everyone seems to have way around it....
    Yeah thats why you should blow fear right off the bat so you can use it again sooner.

They can only avoid fear for so long..

Unless they play with a smart healer.. :'(

Then you have to cc healer ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Sikes99
    Lol.

Well first off i won't ever trinket fear with out WOTF first.

Ok, so let say im playing with a rogue, (or any other class that cant dispel).

Im feared, and nothing is up.

Then so be it. Im feared, if im being dotted up thats ok.

Once fears off, dispel dots.

Finish off the lock

Personaly i dont think i have ever lost a game to myself being feared
    ;D
    You seem to know a lot about WoW. WoW has bee out for quite a few years, 4 if I'm not mistaken. So I can safely assume you are about 5 years old. Wait until you go up against people in higher rated teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattee
    You seem to know a lot about WoW. WoW has bee out for quite a few years, 4 if I'm not mistaken. So I can safely assume you are about 5 years old. Wait until you go up against people in higher rated teams.

I am currelnty 4/5 brutal and sitting at an 1800+ team.

Just trying to help out and offer my point of view on the topic, and how i would do things

Thanks.

I could be wrong about this but when soloing and using fear, it did not break at all on damage. Not even after I hit it with holy fire+smite.

This may be due to removing RNG and making it break on X damage instead, at least that is what I think they have done to similar abilities such as roots. I could be wrong, and just be extremely lucky :P

At least on live it`s still very RNG base. Like timbals trinket proc fucks it up like 9 times of out 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    Say you are not with someone that can dispel you. Say your fear ward gets eaten by say, a PET, and say you trinket the first fear, right into another fear. What are you going to do now?
    Go online and write a whiny post about it!

don't do damage on feared targets and your fear will last almost full duration.. I believe the fearnerf is that u can't kill someone with a full duration fear doing major dps. Almost always fear will break early when taking heavy dps..

Fearing someone who gets nuked will not be feared long, fearing a healer that doesnt get nuked will eat the whole fear.

Another way to avoid fear is to USE shadow word death when lock tries to cast it on u. Due to the damage the fear will break almost instantly.

Fear is cc and a cced target should not take damage. So u have to be smart when using it.. Priest fear is better then warlock fear, since priest fear seems to not break easy when getting manaburned or doing priest dps.

Should a class classified as 'primary healer' have better CC than a pure dps class?

Lock fear is fine. Fear is the single most nerfed ability in the entire game. Nuff said.

1. I'm Blood Elf Priest
    2. I have Touch of Weakness
    3. Rogue jumps on me and ToW procs Blackout.
    4. I lose the match due to laughing too hard.

Edit: Oh yes, on topic. They're fixing Fear mechanic in WLK to break after a fixed amount equal to % of target's health, so, you could consider your whines being heard and solved.

Fear is a crowd control spell with the ability to control a target even if it has some dot on it.
    It's not a spell to kill a target while it's being feared. If you're looking for it, you should shoot yourself in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryven
    Lock fear is fine. Fear is the single most nerfed ability in the entire game. Nuff said.
    So what? It's still broken. The WLK fix should've been there from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by favara
    Should a class classified as 'primary healer' have better CC than a pure dps class?
    Bad logic. Psychic Scream and Fear are two very very very different crowd control spells. If you can't see it, go gargle poison.