WotLK PvE dps minmaxing professions?

with all the new profession perks coming out, what do you think will be the best combo for strictly end game dps?

i was thinking bs/lw for weapons sockets/extra meta + legs enchants

Re: WotLK PvE dps minmaxing professions?

Enchanting/ Inscription

The Enchanter-only enchants are very powerful, and extra inscription slots could prove to be extremely strong boosts.

I think enchanting will be better then LW because if the 20 haste enchant on ring, I cant imagine that the leg enchant would be so much better then the normal legenchant so it edges out over 40 haste.

I am torn between re-leveling BS (Currently Eng/LW, dropped BS for LW) and keeping Eng (granted no "dps" benefits of it yet) or dropping the LW for Inscription and doing a flip of the coin on Ench vs BS.

Jewelcrafting got a nice boost, with all of the JC-only 27 Stat gems, but still, depending on what Glyphs they have in store for rogues, Enchanting/Inscription will probably be the best two professions for min/maxing your DPS.

Don't forget that leatherworking will offer powerful armor pieces for perhaps every tier. Hard to know now before seeing the stats on the craftables or other available gear, but I belive LW will be the best profession for raiding rogues even with the nerf to haste drums. The leg kits are pretty neat too

See here : http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=13098.0

LW + inscription will probably be the way to go, due to scaling.
    Otherwise LW + JC as it is now.

Enchanting + Engineering for making cash.

The JC gems are poor compared to other profession bonuses for PvE at least. The only viable gems I can think of is 27 agi and 27 hit rating unless they choose to add gems like agi+hit, armor penetration, expertise with the 7 extra statpoints. Attackpower and Crit gems doesn't offer much dps upgrade over the ordinary agi/hit ones.

For max dps, Enchanting/Inscription and LW will most likely be the way to go.

i dont think inscription and bonus slot will be crucial for maxing dps. after all most classes use max 2-3 spells. each spell is affected by max 1 glyph so if ur 2 main spell are modded by glyph alrdy and there is no other glyph that could help...
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Looks like blacksmith will actually be best for any class. other good ones will be JC/enchanting and as weird it does sound tailoring will be quite hc for the new cloak enchants.

what does BS have for a mage? Oo
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

Quote Originally Posted by Schippi
    what does BS have for a mage? Oo
    This is the rogue forum. Thus, this thread is about maximizing rogue DPS in WotLK. Not Mages, not Warlocks, not Death Knights...rogues.

Bs got 3 sockets and new gems at least beat ring enchants hands down for any class.

tbh i think to max dps would probly be BS and JC because of 2 big reasons... the extra sockets will be a huge increase for dps thats like 5 extra sockets if your duel weilding as rogues will be (im also refering to my own class, hunters)

and JC because with the unique gems they can make as shown in http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?items=3.8&...dragon%27s+eye they dont have to worry about fitting gems into ether blue red or yellow and go full out dps as well as put them in the extra sockets given from BS.

but it all depends on how hard it would be to get your hands on those recipes, if u got to wait like 4 months to get your hands on them then im not sure id realy bother. No dought that for money it enchanting will be one of the professions

Quote Originally Posted by XeRam
    The JC gems are poor compared to other profession bonuses for PvE at least.
    7 useable gems. 7x7 stats = 49 stats.
    Slightly better than currently you get from other professions. Not quite optimal no, but still good.

If you really want to minmax you can socket/enchant/whatever your gear with the unique profession stuff and then drop the profession afterwards to get another unique benefit :P

Might not be able to do that actually.
    They're adding a limitation to BS, may well add that to others too.

depends on what you're playing actually, for melee I bet that dual metagem thingie (with armorsmith I suppose) is pretty imba. And if you're a warrior maybe you'll get another Bulwark of Kings style craft :>