Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wotlk leveling/gold

How long is it taking you guys on the beta to level up?
    And how much gold did you make from 70-80? or however high you can go atm

Re: Wotlk leveling/gold

it took over 2 million experience to hit level 71. I did quests, AOE grinding, and instance grinding. I still find that the best way to level is a combination of quests and instance grinding. Titan panel said I was getting over 200K experience per hour in the nexus.

Quests turn ins are about 10K experience, and up to 25K for the hard ones, but I found that the gold per quest on on par with the starting zones in burning crusade, not a jump over what I got from level 70 quests. About 3 to 4 gold per quest.

Hopefully they fix that, because 2 million XP @ 15k avg XP per quest seems like it'd take a very long time. 200k an hour though, very nice. But 3 to 4 gold? That's just low as hell...

It's beta though so who knows for sure @ live.

well, the exp requirements actually went up in the last build. It used to be 1.7 million. now its like 2.15 million. I think they want it to take a long time. it is level 80 after all.

I think I did about 40 to 50 quests in that time period.

I understand wanting to make the leveling last longer, it lets players get more in depth into the content and allows the dev's to add more quests per zone. But my gripe is with the quest XP. It should be higher just like how TBC scaled with later levels too. Just makes sense. maybe 15-30k instead of 10-25k would be better. I would be alright with that personally.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzme99
    it took over 2 million experience to hit level 71. I did quests, AOE grinding, and instance grinding. I still find that the best way to level is a combination of quests and instance grinding. Titan panel said I was getting over 200K experience per hour in the nexus.

Quests turn ins are about 10K experience, and up to 25K for the hard ones, but I found that the gold per quest on on par with the starting zones in burning crusade, not a jump over what I got from level 70 quests. About 3 to 4 gold per quest.
    Yes, everything is like that. I completed about 60 quests, cleared 3 different dungeons and Im still lvl 70 :P
    Stop reading my sig, bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisda19
    I understand wanting to make the leveling last longer, it lets players get more in depth into the content and allows the dev's to add more quests per zone. But my gripe is with the quest XP. It should be higher just like how TBC scaled with later levels too. Just makes sense. maybe 15-30k instead of 10-25k would be better. I would be alright with that personally.
    So let me see if I got this right...

"Leveling time is good but I wants to see da bigger numberzes!!!1"

Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei
    So let me see if I got this right...

"Leveling time is good but I wants to see da bigger numberzes!!!1"
    Typical immaturity. No that's not my point, my point is I understand their reasoning but I don't agree with it. The time taken to level shouldn't just two-fold itself, it should be somewhat longer but not what they've seemingly done. Besides 15-30k would make that just slightly shorter.

i think the exp required now is ok as long as it dosnt get stuped like 10m at 79 to hit 80. as it is now though i dont have a problem with. it kinda takes the afk to 70 think out of the game and forceses you to work some for your lvls

I sure hope they make it at least 2x as in TBC...took me like 6 days to get from 60-70 -.-
    Hate when lvling is just a trivial thing just to get to raids :S...

And its normal you get low amount of gold while you lvl...you get more when you ding 80...then you don't get xp...only gold...
    its note like you gonna earn money on quests....you earn money by selling wool cloth to nabs as always

----------------------------------------
    Nerf warrior whining

Most quests give 15-25k xp.
    The XP gain seems fine, it should even out to about 1-1,5 lvl per zone.
    The gold differs, around 5-10g for most quests. Together with the stuff you can vendor/disenchant its pretty decent.

Don't forget most grey vendor trash is also worth more now. Besides is gold really an issue? I thought everyone was loaded already

lol yah. i perfer to axualy play the game wrather then race to the max lvl and start the gear grind. i plan to take my time in northrend wether or not they change the exp required.

I think it's a great idea. I'm currently leveling my... 5th 70? Coming back to it after raiding, it's a hell of a lot more fun. No raid drama, no tired old spell rotation, and every few hours your character actually changes. Leveling is fulfilling. I'd love for it to take weeks to get to 80.

Are you kidding me!?!?!? leveling my first wow character is fun, going through quests in outland the first time was fun, i'm sure northrend will be too. but it already takes an insanely LONG time to level in WoW. Out of all the MMOs out it takes atleast 2x as long to reach max level than any other game I have played. Now its going to take 2.15 MILLION xp from 70 to 71, you've got to be joking. Leveling isn't fun after the first time, and unless the quests are a joke, ie go here talk to this person, quest done for 15k xp, it's going to take such a long time to get to 80 leveling alts will be out of the question. My main from pre-BC is STILL 65 b/c it feels like im bashing my head into a wall trying to grind quests. and for those of you who think this isn't retarded, must be. doing quests over and over again is not fun. its tedious, time consuming and a major pain.

...well and weeks it will take if you dont have holidays or vacation or whatever. I took me as well like >60 quests in both starting zones to get to lvl 71. Took me again a lot of quests, mob grinding and an instance run to get to lvl 72. Right now i stopped playing beta because of the huge amount of time it wastes to get lvlup, see new content.
    Compared to TBC it will definetly take way longer if they leave it like it is right now. Well i dont care, if it goes live, everyone has he same amount of EP to gain to reach lvl 80.

My problem for beta is that some guys just dont invite you to groups for higher instances (e.g. halls of stone) if you are not >74/75, even if you have the skill and equip to easily make it.

Already reported some bugs and left alot of feedback for quests, but its not really entertaining to spend hours of hours in beta if you have ongoing raid preparations to do. Well for live server it might work

jm2c

Quote Originally Posted by Reju
    Are you kidding me!?!?!? leveling my first wow character is fun, going through quests in outland the first time was fun, i'm sure northrend will be too. but it already takes an insanely LONG time to level in WoW. Out of all the MMOs out it takes atleast 2x as long to reach max level than any other game I have played. Now its going to take 2.15 MILLION xp from 70 to 71, you've got to be joking. Leveling isn't fun after the first time, and unless the quests are a joke, ie go here talk to this person, quest done for 15k xp, it's going to take such a long time to get to 80 leveling alts will be out of the question. My main from pre-BC is STILL 65 b/c it feels like im bashing my head into a wall trying to grind quests. and for those of you who think this isn't retarded, must be. doing quests over and over again is not fun. its tedious, time consuming and a major pain.
    Clearly you haven't played FFXI lol

Quote Originally Posted by Reju
    obviously you haven't played Lineage 2... there you do have a legitimate reason to moan :P

Armoury Link

Nil desperandum! Always follow the Light

FFXI leveling is easy as fuck, especially after the EXP curve bit the big one. It was also fun due to the group dynamics of it.

My major complaint with WoW will always be it's designed to be played solo during 9/10ths of the leveling and that's fucking ridiculous for a multiplayer game. Not saying solo isn't a good thing, but it should be the one eating penalties, not the other way around. Don't really care if the friendless losers question that or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin
    FFXI leveling is easy as fuck, especially after the EXP curve bit the big one. It was also fun due to the group dynamics of it.

My major complaint with WoW will always be it's designed to be played solo during 9/10ths of the leveling and that's fucking ridiculous for a multiplayer game. Not saying solo isn't a good thing, but it should be the one eating penalties, not the other way around. Don't really care if the friendless losers question that or not.
    and how exactly in WoW are u punished for lvling thru dungeons/ as a group? sure xp is cut a lil bit, but u can complete quests much faster..thus more exp