Mana Pots question

hello. i know this isnt the right place to post this, but as my main character is a priest, i feel much closer to this part of the forums.

so anyway...i might have missed it but ive heard a few people saying that we wont be able to chug down mana pots like in tbc...why is that?..how does it work??...
    sorry..i did do a little research, but i guess not deep enough...can anyone please link some info on that??...explanations and opinions welcome .

(again, sorry for posting this in the priest forums, i guess if it bothers some1 this much they can move it to the right place )...also one reason for posting this here would be that i as a shadow priest am used to chug mana pots on some fights, so there, i just gave u a reason for posting this here :P.

well...cheers

Re: Mana Pots question

Quote Originally Posted by dsmet
    hello. i know this isnt the right place to post this, but as my main character is a priest, i feel much closer to this part of the forums.

so anyway...i might have missed it but ive heard a few people saying that we wont be able to chug down mana pots like in tbc...why is that?..how does it work??...
    sorry..i did do a little research, but i guess not deep enough...can anyone please link some info on that??...explanations and opinions welcome .

(again, sorry for posting this in the priest forums, i guess if it bothers some1 this much they can move it to the right place )...also one reason for posting this here would be that i as a shadow priest am used to chug mana pots on some fights, so there, i just gave u a reason for posting this here :P.

well...cheers
    if you know this is not the right place why did you post it here in the first place.
    http://the-guild-vendetta.com

uhm....did u read what i wrote??..or just the first sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta
    if you know this is not the right place why did you post it here in the first place.
    Pointless Troll.

The reason why mana pots were losing there viability was a proposed pot sickness of sorts (like rez sickness or something). I have also heard rumors that it might be done away with.

An actual useful reply though is:

Yes - you wont be able to chug down ANY potion anymore in WotLK during a fight.

When you take a potion, any potion (health, mana being the main 2 during fights) you'll get a debuff which prevents you from taking any other potion during that fight.

Once you go out of combat, the debuff goes away.

So, it'll only be 1 potion per fight from now on - which means you have to work on getting as mana efficent as possible. Oh, and don't rely on downranking spells either - ie casting rank 1 lesser heal, cos it's currently uses less mana - that's also going and, at the moment, lower ranked spells use MORE mana than highest ranked spells.

If you know you are not going to answer his question, why bother posting at all? nabcake.

As for the OP. They put in a system so that you can only use a mana potion once while in combat. You need to go out of combat for the CD on mana pots to start counting down. They first put in a debuff that was removed the instant you left combat, but now the cooldown on pots only starts when you leave combat, so have to wait 2 more min after that.

Basicly, 1 pot per fight only. They have A LOT of work to do to balance most classes in compensation of this new system though. So it might get altered in the end anyway.

EDIT: to verify what others said while I was writing.

They first put in the debuff previous posters speak about. The debuff was taken out as someone mentioned above, but apparently Cooldown on pots now only start ticking once you leave combat, so you are still limited to 1 pot only.

well thats a bit unfair to priests (and probably other classes aswell), because we cant go out of combat (afaik), and they could reduce de cooldown on the pot (i mean 3 minutes is pretty much since u can only use it once per fight)...i dont see hunters and rogues having a problem, as they have mechanics to get them out of combat (unless they get resisted..and ofc im not talking about mana pots for rogues :P )

anyways, im not too stressed about it, ive seen the talents they gave us for mana regen, guess well have to see ho much spirit and mp5 the new gear has to offer, then we can really discuss this change

one thing that bothers me is the reason that brought up this change...i mean sure, it wasnt pleasant to chug mana pots if u were low on cash, but the mats for the mana pots were/are some of the cheapest ones to get... (i myself didnt raid anything past SSC/TK, but i never used more than 3 pots per fight, so it really wasnt such a big deal).

Yeh, even though I'm an elixir master, I'm kinda into the idea. I'd rather have manaregen fixed in some other way than chugging pots every 2 mins.

We might get raid-wide vampiric embrace and mana spring totems etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmet

well...cheers
    I believe, this change was intended as a nerf to those new fancy fads of solo'ing X content.
    Group wise all classes are getting new Efficiency skills to prevent themselves and others to go OOM/Rage/Runic power; Judgements of the Wise, Survival hunters, Shadow priests VT and Priest heals/shielding, Water Elemental, Totem upgrades, Nourish.. I could go on.

Not to mention some classes are getting 'Evocation' like spells, potions should be a last resort or to help push things up faster, but not needed in group situations.

Solo will be pretty much the same unless like I said before, you find yourself trying to pull a Onixia while waiting for that scheduled raid you have...

they should give a racial to those who regularly consume beer/liquor/ales in game. I mean, those items are practically useless except for random screen affects or quests.

Racial: Alcoholic
    Have a high tolerance for exotic drinks, may consume more than one potion per combat. Side affect may include drowsiness and/or sudden burst of emotes.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Deleted

or uncontrolled vomiting, dazing nearby friendly players and knock away friendly players in a frontal cone by 20 yards