Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

Update 17:30 CET - Updated with changes from the official patch notes.
    Update 17:00 CET - You can now buy your Blizzcon tickets on the Blizzard Store !

Patch Note Update Additions
    The official patch notes have been updated with a bunch of undocumented changes we didn't report yet.
    Originally Posted by Wryxian (Blue Tracker)

Spell casting and spell channelling pushback has been changed to the following:
    When casting a spell:
    • The first and second hit will add .5 secs each to the cast time.
    • All hits after the second will have no effect.

When channelling a spell:
    • The first and second hit reduces current duration by 25% of total duration each.
    • All hits after the second will have no effect.

Mage (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8770))
    • Mana Shield now drains 1.5 mana per damage absorbed.
    • Summoned Water Elemental's Waterbolt range increased, mana cost reduced, Freeze range increased, mana cost increased.

Warlock (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8770))
    • Dark Pact: Tooltip updated to be more consistent with other similar effects and now restores 200% mana leeched from your summoned Demon, up from 100%.
    • Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions
      This is the 2nd part of our Build 8770 Coverage. Today we'll list changes to all class SKILLS (we only did talents for most of the classes during the weekend), we also added a bunch of professions changes.

For more details please check :
      Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
      Death Knight (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8770))
      Blood
      • Blood Strike damage is now only increased by the death knight's diseases
      • Pestilence now spreads to 3 targets instead of 2 but isn't affected by attack power anymore.

Frost
      • Frost Strike now causes 100% of weapon damage instead of 50%, the amount of additional frost damage has been increased greatly (252.5 to 416 for rank 5). The ability doesn't do double damage to Frozen targets anymore and now costs 50 Runic Power.
      • Howling Blast now deals double damage to targets infected with Frost Fever instead of triple damage to Frozen targets.
      • Obliterate now causes 50% additional damage for each of the death knight's diseases on the target. Cost changed from 1 Blood 1 Frost to 1 Unholy 1 Frost
      • Icy Touch now infects the target with Frost Fever.
      • Empower Rune Weapon now activates all your runes and generate 25 runic power. Cooldown changed from 3 minutes to 5 minutes.
      • Chains of Ice spell cost changed from 1 Unholy 1 Frost to 1 Frost.
      • Mind Freeze doesn't deal damage anymore.

Unholy
      • Corpse Explosion cost changed from 60 Runic Power to 1 Unholy.
      • Death Coil cost changed from 40 Runic Power to 50 Runic Power.
      • Death Strike now deals 60% weapon damage plus 200 and heals the death knight for 100% of the damage done for each of his hor her diseases on the target.
      • Death and Decay damage has been increased but isn't affected by attack power anymore. Targets aren't diseased anymore, now produces a high amount of threat. Cost changed from 2 Unholy to 1 Unholy 1 Blood 1 Frost.
      • Plague Strike now deals 60% weapon damage and infects the target with Blood Plague, a disease dealing Shadow Damage over time. The strike removes one heal over time effect from the target.
      • Unholy Blight damage increased (76 to 152 for Rank 4) and now inflicts Blood Plague. Persists for 1 sec per 5 runic power (instead of 10)
      • Anti-Magic Shell now lasts 5 seconds instead of 3.

Talents
      Please check the full list of talent changes in the Build 8770 Changes post.

Druid (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8770))
      • Starfire Rank 9 and 10 had their damage increased a little. (661-779 to 670-790 for Rank 10)
      • Swipe damage has been slightly reduced (120 to 108 for rank 8 ).
      • Maim now interrupts the victim's spellcasting for 3 seconds.

Talents

Hunter (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8770))
      • Aspect of the Beast now makes the hunter untrackable and increases its melee attack power by 10%.
      • Kill Command doesn't inflict instant damage anymore. It now gives the command to kill, increasing your pet's damage done from special attacks by 60%. Each special attack done by the pet reduces the damage bonus by 20%. Cooldown changed from 5 seconds to 2 minutes.
      • Arcane Shot doesn't dispells magical effects anymore.
      • Tranquilizing shots now attempts to remove 1 Frenzy, Enrage and Magic effect from an enemy target. Cooldown changed from 20 to 15 seconds.
      • Mongoose bite doesn't require you to dodge an attack anymore to be used. (eg. Rank 6 - Attack the enemy for [ 20% of AP + 280 ] damage.)
      • Counterattack damage has been increased and now scales on AP. (eg. Rank 6 changed from 285 damage to 342 + 20% of AP)
      • Wing Clip doesn't inflict damage anymore.
      • Chimera Shot now deals 150% of weapon damage instead of 30%. Mana cost changed from 540 to 375.

Talents

Mage (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8770))
      • Arcane Blast changed. Each time you cast Arcane Blast the damage is increased by 25% (instead of 15%) and mana cost by 75%. Stacks up to 3 times and lasts 3 secs.
      • Living Bomb changed : The target becomes a Living Bomb, taking 1380 Fire damage over 12 sec. After 12 sec or when the spell is dispelled, the target explodes dealing 690 Fire damage to all enemies within 10 yards and knocking all targets up in the air. This spell can only affect one target at a time. (1010 Mana, 35 yd range, Instant cast)
      • Deep Freeze casting time changed from 1.5 second to instant.

Talents

Paladin (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8770))
      No skill changes discovered for the moment except for the Seals / Judgements changes explained in the Build 8770 Patch Notes

Talents

Priest (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8770))
      Just like talents, couldn't find any change in this build.

Talents

Rogue (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8770))
      No skill changes discovered for the moment.

Talents

Shaman (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8770))
      • All totems range changed from 20 to 30 yards.
      • Flametongue Weapon now increases the total spell damage of the Shaman. (Value not defined yet)
      • Wrath of Air Totem has been changed from 10% to 5% bonus to spell haste.

Talents

Warlock (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8770))
      • Inferno cooldown changed from 15 to 20 minutes.
      • Ritual of Souls now lasts 3 minutes or 25 charges (instead of 10).

Pet Skills
      • Imp's Firebolt casting time increased from 2 seconds to 2.5 seconds.

Talents

Warrior (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8770))
      • Retaliation cooldown changed from 30 minutes to 5 minutes. Duration changed from 15 seconds to 12 seconds. Now affects a maximum of 20 attacks instead of 30.
      • Recklessness cooldown changed from 30 minutes to 5 minutes. Duration changed from 15 seconds to 12 seconds. Changed to "Your next 0 (not yet defined) special ability attacks have an additional 100% to critically hit but all damage taken is increased by 20%. Lasts 12 sec."
      • Shield Wall damage reduction decreased from 75% for 10 seconds to 50% for 12 seconds. Cooldown changed from 30 minutes to 5 minutes.

Talents

Build 8770 - Professions Update
      New bonus skills have been added to tailoring and alchemy.
      Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Blacksmithing
      Socket Bracer
      Permanently add a socket to your bracers. Requires a level 60 or higher item.

Socket Gloves
      Permanently add a socket to your gloves. Requires a level 60 or higher item.

New items
      See also Titanium Belt Buckle and the other new epic weapons / armors in the Build 8770 Changes post.

Tailoring
      Lightweave Embroidery
      Embroiders a subtle pattern of light into your cloak, giving you a chance to cause an additional 800 to 1000 Holy damage when you damage an enemy with a spell.
      You can only embroider your own cloak and embroidering your cloak will cause it to become soulbound.

Darkglow Embroidery
      Embroiders a magical pattern into your cloak, giving you a chance to restore 300 mana when you cast a spell.
      You can only embroider your own cloak and embroidering your cloak will cause it to become soulbound.

Swordguard Embroidery
      Embroiders a magical pattern into your cloak, causing your damaging melee attacks to sometimes ignore 1000 of your target's armor.

Herbalism
      Wild Growth
      Embrace the natural energies surrounding you, healing you for 2000 over 15 sec. (300/480/720/900/1200/2000 Depending on Rank). Instant, 5 min cooldown

Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

hmm.. cant wait to see how they will implement adding sockets to items, will it be classed as an enchant??

No, the item can be enchanted with a classical enchant and socketed at the same time.

Zalynna

kk now show me my engineering goodies plz ;D

Anyone else find Swordguard Embroidery a little dumb?

The only situation I can think of it ever being used is a druid who went Tailoring so as to gain access to some healing cloth gear maybe? And decided instead to go Feral and wanted to ignore armor...

tailors who use melee weapons?
    wait, what?

Pheonix

OMFG again update and still no new chain heal ranks omfg, i am starting to believe ,they dont want to give it to us >

I DEMAND ROGUE NEWS!
    ViktorVaughn - Nightelf Rogue - EU-Mal'Ganis

D.E.H.T.A. is outside my house picnicin' 'cuz everything in my coat's been previously livin'!

Socket Bracer
    Permanently add a socket to your bracers. Requires a level 60 or higher item.

Socket Gloves
    Permanently add a socket to your gloves. Requires a level 60 or higher item.

New items
    See also Titanium Belt Buckle and the other new epic weapons / armors in the Build 8770 Changes post.
    Holy crap, gloves, bracer, 2 swords, and a belt socket?
    I really wonder how much of these are for the "smith only", and whether there'll be items at endgame raids without sockets.

Blacksmithing would be insanely powerful for rogues otherwise.. surely blizzard doesn't intend that.
    The belt buckle at least looks like a single item that anyone can use. The others though.....

I also wonder if those sockets will give any stat bonus, or if the socket will be colorless.

Swordguard Embroidery
    Embroiders a magical pattern into your cloak, causing your damaging melee attacks to sometimes ignore 1000 of your target's armor.
    And how many melee classes are tailor..... that seems pretty lame.
    But it does give good hopes at seeing spell power enchants for leatherworking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix
    OMFG again update and still no new chain heal ranks omfg, i am starting to believe ,they dont want to give it to us >
    You get an inscription that gives +1 target on your chainheal.
    that's pretty cool so far.

Rogues, nothing at all yet....

Zalynna

i know of a few melee's who went tailoring for TBC just for the cloth cool downs to sell. a waste of a profession but they were all alts in the first place. now it looks like they have something they can use if they keep the profession.

/sigh

Swordguard Embroidery

Now tell me, where is "Bind of Pickup" written in it? WHERE?

edit: to avoid further confusion

Tailor A creates [Swordguard Embroidery]
    Rogue A opens trade with Tailor A
    Tailor A puts [Swordguard Embroidery] on trade window and accepts
    Rogue A also accepts
    Rogue A uses [Swordguard Embroidery] on cloak
    ???
    Profit

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDaSpike
    /sigh

Swordguard Embroidery

Now tell me, where is "Bind of Pickup" written in it? WHERE?
    Are you serious?

"Maim now interrupts the victim's spellcasting for 3 seconds."

Like holy ****?! in cat form you can spam maim like every 3 seconds, maybe 4 sec. OP like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Are you serious?
    read the edit on my post, you will shit bricks

i think they added the swordguard enchant as a money sink..

ie: if you want the best melee enchant for cloak, you will have to waste all that gold to level tailoring up, tailor your cloak, and unlearn lol.... money sink ftw

lol.. read it again.. you can only embroider your own cloak...
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    And how many melee classes are tailor..... that seems pretty lame.
    But it does give good hopes at seeing spell power enchants for leatherworking.
    ..and people want to tell me that enchanting is a magical profession and only magic users should pick it up.. and now we get this crap which is even more absurd. If there will be nothing for melee classes via enchanting I'll write an angry post on the official forums and tell blizzard how angry I am!
    ViktorVaughn - Nightelf Rogue - EU-Mal'Ganis

D.E.H.T.A. is outside my house picnicin' 'cuz everything in my coat's been previously livin'!

I really suggest you read your own post again.
    Especially the part I bolded for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    i think they added the swordguard enchant as a money sink..

ie: if you want the best melee enchant for cloak, you will have to waste all that gold to level tailoring up, tailor your cloak, and unlearn lol.... money sink ftw

lol.. read it again.. you can only embroider your own cloak...
    Seems to be the common going at the moment.
    Probably to annoy hardcore raiders.

Take tailoring to enchant cloak, be a smith to socket items, get enchanting to enchant rings, get jewelcrafting for epic gems, get inscription for it's bonus and leatherworking for drums and leg enchant.

OMG YOU GUYS CAN'T BE THIS IGNORANT

you guys know what Runic spellthread is right?
    this thing here: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=24274

IT'S THE SAME SHIT WITH ONE EXTRA LINE, NOWHERE DOES IT SAY IT'S BOP, YOU CAN TRADE THE ITEM, THE ONLY THING THAT CHANGES IS THAT YOU CAN'T ENCHANT ON TRADE WINDOW AND IF YOU USE IT ON A BOE ITEM IT BECOMES BOP

please, get some common sense already

OMG YOU GUYS CAN'T BE THIS IGNORANT

please, get some common sense already
    Look at that, we have a little shouting kid here.
    Go here and read this : http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=11619.0

Enjoy.

ps: It's not confirmed to be an item yet and the wording is the same as the enchanter ring spell. Thus logic deduction indicates that it's tailor only.

Zalynna

its just a tailoring version of the ring enchants enchanters all ready have. says it right in the description.