Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Tom Chilton and J. Allen Brack interview on Gamona

would have loved to see how that kalganite douchbag of a kalganist kalgan would justify locks "upgrade" from tbc, when compared to say.. pretty much any other class (ele shammy, mage, ecc...)..
    i DO hope that someday he'll see fit to resume his warlock and then we'll get a new 1.12 for poor locks :P

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by kittynipples
    Invading a dwarven city underneath a volcano has an epic scale to it, running into the basement of hellfire citadel and killing a single boss does not.
    this.I don't walk into instances for the loot(not only, of course), i walk in there for the visuals, for the story, for the encounters and so on.
    If it's just "random generic dungeon 3.2" with no involvement of the story, no depth, because you walk in and kill a mob and walk out, it sucks.

I think best would be to make it, well, the way some instances already work: you CAN spend a lot of time in them, say 3-5 hours if you do everything, but it's not needed. like, it's in parts/wings so you can search a group for a specific wing, a further questline/progress, or do the whole thing. That way, you have the epic feeling, what with a giant instance thing and many ways to go, but it's not necessary. BRD was like that, i spent 3-5 hours in there, but sometimes, we just went in and did the onyxia q-line, or the golem-guy; if we didn't wipe like shit from time to time, or gank/get the shit ganked out of us, it wouldn't have taken us more than an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Poke
    Why does it seem so many raiders think along the lines of longer and more painstaking is better? Its like with gearing. Raiders hate on welfare epics because they aren't as painstaking to acquire as raid gear. But even with this interview you get the sense from the interviewer that he's a raider, and would prefer the 3, 4, 5 hour long dungeon crawls.

Honestly why do so many raiders tend to think along these painstaking lines of gameplay? Why can't something be 1 hour, or even 1/2 hour? Why can't there be 20 of them broken up into smaller time segments instead of a 2, 3, etc. hour straight just to get through it? I don't get it.

Is the accomplishment just how much time you've sunk into something period? ???
    Honestly it's because hardcore raiders have nothing else to do with there time. Most of the players do have things going on outside of WoW, so they prefer shorter raids/ instances. I get the feeling from a lot of hardcore raiders that all they care is that they get the gear, even if it means downing 20 bosses in a ten hour raid. They prefer quantity over quality.

I can't stand raiding anymore, I have a T6 resto shaman. It use to be fun but once you do a 3-5 hour raid 20+ time you get sick of it. To the point where you hear it over vent and you say you might D/C do to power because there is a lightning storm outside.

My warrior is all pvp, and I love it a hell of a lot more. Unlike raiding it is always changing (not the area but the players and competition). Truthfully pvping is a lot harder than BT or sunwell once you hit the 2000+ arena rating area.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Seriously, does anyone else think Tom Chilton looks like a skinny version of Dr. Evil?
    Actually, Myers modeled Dr. Evil after Chilton, but of course fatter to add a humoristic touch - else Dr. Evil would just have been some disgusting prick.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by mulinexman
    I hope they do realize that the current pvp gear is way to good in pve.
    Oh yes please, nerf resilence so its a big minus in PvE (as it is a big + in PvP) ...but i highly doubt they do something along this line... sadly
    "the first humans were not the last apes" - Erich Kästner

Now you palies can feel the pain feral druid style. "Your dps is too high, and you COULD heal so you're getting nerfed! Wahhg!"

Mhm, you'll grow to hate the tiny bold man like the rest of us do.

One note though, I DO like shorter instances. 3-4 hour runs, heroic or non are kinda pushing it unless you are in a Raid which of course will take longer. But for us students who "study hard" and therefore don't have oodles of time left over what with other important activities ($%&ing off, downloading $%&, sending that youtube vid to your mate, etc) having a short, fun, and otherwise memorable gaming session is much desired. And before you clatter on about "bollocks to you casual ba$&$@", the monthly fees I have paid to this game add up to a roll of gold toilet paper by this point. So yes, buff druids nerf warlocks/rogues/hunters give me instant loot with an epic travel land for and a cold beer.

jk(mostly)

Quote Originally Posted by Dremorack
    5th December.
    More like the 5th of November i hope D:

You wrote Litch instead of Lich

OMG i called it first!!!
    Your you're own enemy.

;D yeah i couldnt understand him ever lol but i cant wait for the lick king its going to be cool!!!

What about the paladin, is there any plans to nerf the DPS Paladin's damage from what it is on beta servers now?
    T.C. - We are just now beginning on going through the heavy tuning phase, we really don't do that until the end of the beta generally, where we start going through all of the classes and finding the things that are way out of balance and there's no doubt right now that the ret paladins are doing a lot more damage than what we would expect.
    Well ok that they are doing too much Damage especially the Judgement is true but "a lot more damage than what we would expect" is a far too dramatic in my opinion...
    *sarcasm on* omg is see divine storm on a 15 sec cd and crusader strike on a 10 sec cd and judgement on a 20 sec cd :P *sarcasm off*
    Pride Paladin of the Order of Blood Knights

Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar
    My warrior is all pvp, and I love it a hell of a lot more. Unlike raiding it is always changing (not the area but the players and competition). Truthfully pvping is a lot harder than BT or sunwell once you hit the 2000+ arena rating area.
    Hah, right. 'PvP' in Warcraft is a disguised 'scripted event', and requires the same 'tactical insight' as 'scripted encounters', and all of you know it. Stop kidding yourselves.

"Oh, a Warrior. CC it." "Oh, a healer, mana-burn it."

And can we please stop calling 'PvP' in Warcraft 'PvP' ? Sure, it's still a player vs a player, but they degraded everything it could have been in the wonderful world of Massively Multiplayer gaming to be nothing else but a co-op, Halo/shooter kind of ordeal. Shove two groups in a cubicle and shower them in epics to keep them happy. Where are my epic army vs. army battles ? Where went my feeling we were actually two factions at a tenacious peace and conflict is looming around every corner ?

Arenas might be fine but they made them to damn rewarding, and completely forgot about the other 'love child' in the misbegotten marriage called 'PvP in Warcraft', namely, battlegrounds.

If I wanted to 'frag' people, I wouldn't be playing World of Warcraft, and so shouldn't you.

I am hoping that November 5th is the planned release date.
    Even if things arent going exactly as planned when they start the manufacture of the DVDs, they can always add a download patch for the 5th that could fix any bugs that might have occurred.

15+ Year Old Account

Not everything could really be solved with a patch. They'll release it when it is ready, and only when it is ready. I, even though am anxious for the expansion, am glad they are taking their time to make sure we get the best experience we can out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cab
    Oh yes please, nerf resilence so its a big minus in PvE (as it is a big + in PvP) ...but i highly doubt they do something along this line... sadly
    Not necessarily a minus in PvE, resilience can be nice to make up for lack of defense - though druids won't need it anymore and plate tanks will have lots of defense gear, so...
    Anyway, either don't let the Season gear have the same itemLevel as the current progression Raid gear, or increase the iValue of resilience, so that PvP gear eats up much of those points before they can be spent for damage stats.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

What about the paladin, is there any plans to nerf the DPS Paladin's damage from what it is on beta servers now?
    T.C. - We are just now beginning on going through the heavy tuning phase, we really don't do that until the end of the beta generally, where we start going through all of the classes and finding the things that are way out of balance and there's no doubt right now that the ret paladins are doing a lot more damage than what we would expect.

so how bout making us VIABLE IN PVP LIKE GIVING US MORTAL STRIKE DEBUFF, OR A VIABLE INTERRUPT, OR SOME SORT OF SPECIAL COMBAT ABILITY OTHER THAN RAW WHITE DAMAGE, YOU FUCKING BALD ASSHOLE CUNT!!!!

- he cant even stop himself from laughing when he talks about paladins or ret paladins.

someone should just fire him already. (or kill?)

It's that same arrogant "ready when it's ready" line that reminds me of Jobs. Companies that know the same people will buy their products over and over no matter how long they take to make or how terrible they are. Bad form really, shows a lack of respect for customers. But they have the money and the rabid fans that will just knob off, tap off, and otherwise eat up anything they say or do as divine sanction.

I think they call that fanboys now days.

Quote Originally Posted by killsfercake
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

so how bout making us VIABLE IN PVP LIKE GIVING US MORTAL STRIKE DEBUFF, OR A VIABLE INTERRUPT, OR SOME SORT OF SPECIAL COMBAT ABILITY OTHER THAN RAW WHITE DAMAGE, YOU FUCKING BALD ASSHOLE CUNT!!!!

- he cant even stop himself from laughing when he talks about paladins or ret paladins.

someone should just fire him already. (or kill?)
    0.o

Can I offer you a towel? Strait jacket? WAR subscription?

Quote Originally Posted by Dremorack
    5th December.
    that would suck for me, i have my first child due - thats one hell of a clash.

Quote Originally Posted by Delondial
    0.o

Can I offer you a towel? Strait jacket? WAR subscription?

war subscription sounds nice :/

But seriously, WotLK was suppose to help paladins who are by FAR the worst pvp class and worst pve healing class.

What have we gotten? Holy shock reduce CD.... Good start but thats about it folks.

We have not recieved anything major or new and our problems in pvp and pve have NOT been adressed.

I mean hell, feral druids needed a snare AND THEY GOT ONE.... Enh shamans needed an anti-snare AND THEY GOT ONE.

Paladins need ANYTHING and we have recieved NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by rimmer
    that would suck for me, i have my first child due - thats one hell of a clash.
    Child...video game?

Tough call, I mean diapers full with warm liquid finkle matter matter...or hot flashy graphics with semi nude ripped night elf dude throwing magical whimsy at you.

Ditch baby with your folks and play while dressed in the fur of a freshly slain animal, eating Doritos and sucking down Mr Pib! WAHHG!

(If the dates class, buy WAR, it's coming out sooner and is mucho sexy >.>)