Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: WotLK Trailer, Buffed.de interview, Blue posts

Anyone else noticed how the trailer ends with the dragon flying away in the distance to have the same dragon fly in on the WLK log-in screen from this distance ?

It sure explains why that dragon is there in the first place, nice little touch Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Newor
    ... (have we ever saw a Draenei or "real" Blood Elf and their cities in old WoW?).
    yep, blasted lands and swamp of sorrows.

Quote Originally Posted by kittynipples
    If you've played through classic WoW and TBC and still don't know what's going on with Arthas, then you really haven't been paying attention.
    What part of "new gamer" don't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    What part of "new gamer" don't you understand?
    New gamers aren't going to be touching WotLK until they've made it through the original game + 1st expansion.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

New gamers aren't going to be touching WotLK until they've made it through the original game + 1st expansion.
    qft

New gamers won't play a game that doesnt interest them.. ie: they see this trailer on youtube most viewed -> think its well made cgi, but go *shrug* i'll go play that game with the hot evil elf almost making out with the hot not-so-evil elf.
    It's just a game.

its not a TRAILER!

its an INTRO. A lot of you are disappointed in the "trailer" and think it would be better as an "intro"... Well it is!!

another thing, its more than 30 seconds longer than the TBC cinematic.

Stop whining, this video delivers

imo the cinematic was pretty much perfect.

WoW Cinematic - Introducing us to the World (for those that hadn't played the original games)
    TBC Cinematic - Attempting to explain the fact we're going to a foreign power ranger world
    WotLK Cinematic - Reminding you that there is a story line behind the game.

I don't particularly wanna see the same old classes fighting. i've seen it all before in the other cinematics. I wanna see the Lich King, I did and a lot more.

I can't wait! Bring on Northrend!

P.S. I don't care if this trailor attracts new players. I'm not a new player and I really could care if Blizzards 13 million subscribers goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa
    yep, blasted lands and swamp of sorrows.
    You mean Broken/Lost ones? And they were also part of the Alliance (and Warriors, Paladins, Hunters...)? LOL

What's next? "I saw Velen in westfall kicking some defias before TBC was announced".

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    New gamers won't play a game that doesnt interest them.. ie: they see this trailer on youtube most viewed -> think its well made cgi, but go *shrug* i'll go play that game with the hot evil elf almost making out with the hot not-so-evil elf.
    Well, first off, it's an early preview of the opening cinematic, not an advertising campaign. The opening cinematic of a game is generally not intended to draw in new players.

Second, WoW is almost 4 years old and creeping up on 2 expansions. The game is at the height of its popularity, having transcended video game culture and entering into the realm of pop culture. If people aren't interested by now, they never will be.

For anyone that knows lore and can think deeper loves this cinematic trailer.
    Imho, it wouldn't be a lot better with a combat, if better at all.

The ironic twists of Terenas Menethils flashback speech, the emerging of the frost wyrm, the overlook of the scourge forces, the music, the atmosphere.. all perfect.

Chuck Norris cries when someone lies about wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane
    The punchline comes at the end. The concept of having King Terenas tell his dreams about his son and seeing how they turned out as he would've wanted but in a very dark and twisted way is nicely done, but it just lacks the rush the previous cinematics used to give you. Like I said, it would've been the perfect intro or outro of the cinematic, with the other part being the old school scenario of seeing most of the races fighting/preparing for battle.
    Agree with this completely. Visually awesome, loved the music and King T's voice talking about Arthas but there is nothing else to it. The part with the Frost Wyrm? why did they put that in, when up to this point, no one had really cared about it.

The point is to draw hype, so why not put in stuff people can relate to and get pumped about. I always thought it was cool how they had quick flashes to the different faction/race/classes and them doing battle.

Also agree that this should be like an intro or an outro of the trailer, just like some eye candy to go along with another trailer. Music, voice, and visuals were awesome...just feel like its more of a video about arthas instead of us trying to become more powerful and doing battle with him or his minions.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius

The point is to draw hype, so why not put in stuff people can relate to and get pumped about. I always thought it was cool how they had quick flashes to the different faction/race/classes and them doing battle.
    That's where you're wrong. This was not a promotional teaser. This is the actual opening cinematic of the game. The point of it is not to draw hype. It's to give you something to watch when the game loads up to set the tone.

Releasing it early was probably to build hype, and we can debate whether or not they should have released it early as a hype machine. But the cinematic itself? Not made with "hype" in mind.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Knyx
    That's where you're wrong. This was not a promotional teaser. This is the actual opening cinematic of the game. The point of it is not to draw hype. It's to give you something to watch when the game loads up to set the tone.

Releasing it early was probably to build hype, and we can debate whether or not they should have released it early as a hype machine. But the cinematic itself? Not made with "hype" in mind.
    and that's good,
    because they didn't have to make it all flashy (well, imho the dragon and the runeblade thing with the snow-crystals fallin onto it were pretty awesome), but instead make you think back, about what had happened in the past, remember the storyline AND, for those who want to make something hyped (i personally think that deathknights are already super-hyped, for instance the last fanarts were almost all dk's), is the dragon. i personally don't know what role she (if it is the dragon every1 talks about) might play, so here's something to think about.

what did you have to discuss about the bc and vanilla intros?

edit: could've been a bit longer tho, seriously. But we all know, blizz-cinematics are short

the cinematic was a big letdown, it doesn't fill me with any excitement or curiosity about the xpac.

the graphics as usual were well done though, just full of fluff. ( maybe that's what were supposed to look forward too)

Perfect Intro for the game!

Bring in new gamers you say? You know this is the intro to the WotLK, which means you'll see it after you install the game and right before you play, right? I'm pretty sure if you've bought it, they've already brought you in.

I love the video, I think it's awesome. Maybe it's b/c I know the lore and am already excited for it.

For the Warhammer people, good riddance. I don't think Blizzard will miss you much, they have a few subscribers already. See you all back in about 3 months (it takes a while to admit you're wrong or it would most likely be sooner).

Quote Originally Posted by Chao
    its not a TRAILER!

its an INTRO. A lot of you are disappointed in the "trailer" and think it would be better as an "intro"... Well it is!!
    this and
    Quote Originally Posted by Judikael
    Bring in new gamers you say? You know this is the intro to the WotLK, which means you'll see it after you install the game and right before you play, right? I'm pretty sure if you've bought it, they've already brought you in.
    that.

About the Warhammer trailer, it's actually kinda ridiculous, showing off how one class can kill another, not really interesting. Tells me that "WAR" will be more about posing and acting cool then about actual story and immersion.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Left no plot to base an expansion off, all it is is Arthas summoning a frost wyrm and stirring up his undead army, and a narrating force showing the irony of the situation.

I went back and watched TBC cinematic and was much more pleased, gave me goosebumps infact. It gave a plot, showed what was implemented and threw some action in there was well as some sinister drama. This one was just more of something cool to watch. Granted, the CGI was awesome and the slowmo was a cool effect (be it wasted on watching snow fall to frostmourne, should've been used on the dragon or something).

If this "It's not a trailer, it's and intro" story is true, I'd say I was alot happier, because this would make an awesome intro to a bigger cinematic, but as a full cinematic itself, no dice.