Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: WotLK Trailer, Buffed.de interview, Blue posts

one thing all the other wow cinematics had that this one didnt is a montage of various classes doing their thing in the new local. nice cinematic overall and i do like the play on the speech with his current situation but it lacked the personal "leaping into the fray" touch the other trailers had.

In before gnome whines!

you give people your finger, they want your hand
    you give people your hand, they want your arm

great cinematic

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane
    The punchline comes at the end. The concept of having King Terenas tell his dreams about his son and seeing how they turned out as he would've wanted but in a very dark and twisted way is nicely done, but it just lacks the rush the previous cinematics used to give you. Like I said, it would've been the perfect intro or outro of the cinematic, with the other part being the old school scenario of seeing most of the races fighting/preparing for battle.
    I agree to a certain extent.

The soft, serene and almost mourning music in this cinematic does its job perfectly along the narrator in capturing the dichotomy what has become Arthas, the Lich King.

Sure, it's not action packed, but really, every trailer has to be a blockbuster movie ?

Quote Originally Posted by Octopus
    In before gnome whines!
    :

Whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronsos

great cinematic

Great in looks, crap in scripting. They should have stuck with the formula of the last 2 cinematic. Montage of classes doing battle > this.

It was really good, cinematically speaking. Otherwise, it's just not as epic as the other trailers. I was hoping to see the playable characters in battle with eachother, maybe some footage of the new NPCs(Taunka, Tuskaar, Vrykrul), perhaps a shot of a turtle boat, and at least one of the places we'd actually be playing in(not just some random field of ice).

All we get is the emo Prince who went crazy to try to achieve his goals, the Dragon mount that everyone will want to have, and a group of DKs(for like 2 seconds).

I was unimpressed.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGalaxyBlue
    It was really good, cinematically speaking. Otherwise, it's just not as epic as the other trailers. I was hoping to see the playable characters in battle with eachother, maybe some footage of the new NPCs(Taunka, Tuskaar, Vrykrul), perhaps a shot of a turtle boat, and at least one of the places we'd actually be playing in(not just some random field of ice).

All we get is the emo Prince who went crazy to try to achieve his goals, the Dragon mount that everyone will want to have, and a group of DKs(for like 2 seconds).

I was unimpressed.
    i dont even think those were dks, they were just normal scourge. dks are not the shock troops, they are the generals that lead the shock troops into battle.

15+ Year Old Account

hmm, i havn't seen 1 DK(without arthas), only dead soldiers, no DK :/
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I defend Sylvanas because I believe humanity is a waste, in game and IRL. A human life is NOT more important than that of a cat or dog or bird. It just isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukaï
    Sure, it's not action packed, but really, every trailer has to be a blockbuster movie ?
    what else is a trailer for?

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105
    i dont even think those were dks, they were just normal scourge. dks are not the shock troops, they are the generals that lead the shock troops into battle.
    Yep, on closer inspection, you're right, and that just continues to lower my opinion of the trailer. I'm very disappointed.

NICE graphics!!!!!!

It's better than any movie I've EVER seen, (in terms of animation).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkjounin
    NICE graphics!!!!!!

It's better than any movie I've EVER seen, (in terms of animation).
    You have never seen any of the Square-Enix (formerly known as Squaresoft) works, have you?
    Now THOSE are CGI masterpieces.

PS
    Don't get me wrong, WotLK cinematics are good in terms of graphic, but they're not the best ever made.

is that deathwing
    It's just a game.

This isn't Deathwing, this is Sindragosa, you probably didn't hear about her yet. She's the Frost Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronsos

great cinematic
    Definitely stick with giving people the finger.

ramsesakama

I'm astonished that people didn't like the trailer. I found it refreshing, and far more interesting that the previous WoW cinematics (a mish-mash of random fighting).

Reading forum threads like this really lowers my respect for humanity...

This cinematic is amazing.

Not another annoying compilation of fighting scenes. This Cinematic has a huge background and who didn't think at the cinematic at wc3, when arthas come back to lordaeron to kill his father.

Probably not the best cinematic, but the smartest.

ramsesakama

Quote Originally Posted by Hiraeth
    what else is a trailer for?
    A trailer is meant to entice viewers, and tbh, this was successful. The previous WoW cinematics were just random fighting that could be from any game, much like the WAR cinematic. This at least tells a story, and cleverly so.

isnt Arthas sword like 10x smaller than in the WC3 movies?