Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: WotLK Trailer, Buffed.de interview, Blue posts

that cinematic suxs

Lol at all these scrubs who never played Wc3 before, also Wotlk trailer > Stupid alliance and horde random shit fighting.

Cinematic was visually stunning, but I didn't shiver or grin when I watched it. I love Arthas as a character and all, but the scripting felt like it was building up to a sort of "Well, that's what Arthas did, so this is how players will respond: queue the montage, Jimmy!" Instead, I felt like, "Okay...so where do I fit in all of this?"

One of the reasons why I felt the previous two cinematics worked was all the action and the fact that they included "player characters" doing cool things. Plus, it's fun cheering your faction on. I mean, c'mon. The orc in TBC sliced the naga in half. And then the BE priest had insta-res.

Deleted

Great as usual.

I'm lookin' for a subtitiled version in order to understand exactly what Arthas 's father says.

If someone got a link, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumaki
    Great as usual.

I'm lookin' for a subtitiled version in order to understand exactly what Arthas 's father says.

If someone got a link, thanks.
    If you can type that well, how could you have any trouble understanding what he says? 8)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiecutter
    If you can type that well, how could you have any trouble understanding what he says? 8)
    Yes, I understand what he says (maybe 90%) but some words are difficult like "Righteousness" and some others.

I'm french.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I thought it was absolutely amazing! :O Blizzard has really outdone themselves, and, thank God, they have gotten back to do cinematics with an actual storyline. The original WoW, and in a lot of ways the TBC one was simply a pretty cinematic, showing a load of characters using different abilities, big woop (-_-") Yes you had the little narrative of Illidan on the TBC one, but the original Warcraft 3 movies were brilliant, they were masterfully done and they told a small part of a story.

I am so glad they didn't stick in some token characters using new spells from the expansion to pad it out, they stuck, soley on Arthas and made him the centre of the expansion, which is the main thing. From what I have seen so far on the Beta, and what has been disclosed already, this expansion will be a story, everything will bleed into everything else and the lore will be much more prevalent, all building up to a creshendo with Arthas. That is what WoW has lacked, a story, a purpose. Illidan is all well and good but he is hardly a mastermind badass villain who could actually wipe out the world if he wished to.

lol, and I keep thinking King Terenas, at 1:36 is gonna do a whole Mufasa/Lion King "Remember! Who, you, are!"

I just hope they do Arthas justice. Illidan was such a disappointment really, in terms of lore. Arthas is such a massive lore figure, and such a massive power that even the Burning Legion feared him. It is sad that the Icecrown/Lich King raid will be both a 10 man and 25 man, because the thaught of 10 people defeating the Lich King is pretty upsetting.

The cinematic has captured what it needed to capture, and it told a story. What I loved about it, and what I also loved about the TBC cinematic, was that it payed homage to the old cinematics, in that when Illidan is speaking, it re-used his theme music from the TFT intro movie, and just with this new movie, Arthas' theme music from the end movie from TFT is used again. Little things like that just show Blizzard is a company that goes the extra mile in terms of history and development.

I think Blizzard is making a massive mistake not doing the Warcraft Movie in its trademark CGI graphics.

C
    x

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumaki
    Yes, I understand what he says (maybe 90%) but some words are difficult like "Righteousness" and some others.
    For single words, Babelfish is your friend

I'm french.
    For English<=>French, you could go the long way and use LEO, a great German<=>many languages translator
    Like, look up what "righteousness" means in German, and then translate "Rechtschaffenheit" to French :P
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

It's a great video, but I agree with others that it's lacking something. Something simple would do...right at the end when he looks up, the camera should turn towards the alliance/horde airships flying over northrend, or as someone said earlier, the ships landing near the shores. That type of thing. The player should have been mentioned somehow.

Quite surprised they didnt milk the video for all the DK action they could..