Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

A warning to Raiding Ret Paladins.

LEARN TO BE SELF SUFFICIENT.

In WotLK if you are a burden to the healers of a raid by using SoB to "get some extra mana" be prepared to be replaced quickly. With the changes to the class and mechanics, barring being nerfed into oblivion again, there will be a larger pool of Ret Paladins out there and among those will be ones that understand their new role.

Ret Paladins are not meant to be rogues, doing nothing be beating on the mob that is being tanked. If this is the only thing you like to do you will need to reroll as your Ret Pally will be unwelcome on raids. And this is even more true of Ret Paladins that pretend they don't have heal spells & drain the mana of other healers.

Let the rage addicts and rune monkeys suck down the healers mana, Paladins do not need to anymore and in fact will be able to help keep those fools up, while still pumping out good numbers.

The new Retribution Paladin will be doing damage to the mobs, but will be making use of all their other abilities as well. Judgements of the Wise and Sheath of Light are required and ensure that a Ret Paladin will be able to not only put out solid DPS but be able to toss Heals / Hands / Blessings and use offensive spells all without requiring any healing from the other healers for mana.

Learn to love SoV, master keeping the Holy DoT up at all times while using all the other abilities you have during fights. As long as you keep 5 stacks on the mob and judge it every 8 seconds you will be able to use all the other GDCs for anything you want and have solid DPS. Ret Paladins new goal will be to have a solid placement on both the dmage AND healing meters, not just damage.

Re: A warning to Raiding Ret Paladins.

Eeeh, does this mean that me, as Tankadin who recived a +Crit heals talent in Protectiont tree have to throw a heal while tanking Magnatuar or some other EpicBox ?

Quote Originally Posted by Voidseeker

In WotLK if you are a burden to the healers of a raid by using SoB to "get some extra mana" be prepared to be replaced quickly. With the changes to the class and mechanics, barring being nerfed into oblivion again, there will be a larger pool of Ret Paladins out there and among those will be ones that understand their new role.

Ret Paladins are not meant to be rogues, doing nothing be beating on the mob that is being tanked. If this is the only thing you like to do you will need to reroll as your Ret Pally will be unwelcome on raids. And this is even more true of Ret Paladins that pretend they don't have heal spells & drain the mana of other healers.

Let the rage addicts and rune monkeys suck down the healers mana, Paladins do not need to anymore and in fact will be able to help keep those fools up, while still pumping out good numbers.

The new Retribution Paladin will be doing damage to the mobs, but will be making use of all their other abilities as well. Judgements of the Wise and Sheath of Light are required and ensure that a Ret Paladin will be able to not only put out solid DPS but be able to toss Heals / Hands / Blessings and use offensive spells all without requiring any healing from the other healers for mana.

Learn to love SoV, master keeping the Holy DoT up at all times while using all the other abilities you have during fights. As long as you keep 5 stacks on the mob and judge it every 8 seconds you will be able to use all the other GDCs for anything you want and have solid DPS. Ret Paladins new goal will be to have a solid placement on both the dmage AND healing meters, not just damage.
    no
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

/scratches head

You are an unmitigated idiot. And a blazingly obvious troll, because you aren't telling shamans and druids to heal too.

DPS is brought to DPS, not to sort of DPS and sort of heal. If it interrupts our swing timer, it doesn't get used. HoPs, HoFs, those are instant so they can be used without lowering the reason we are there. But healing is a no-go because it puts a 5+ second gap in our attack timer.

And that is very much the end of this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastblack
    no

Voidseeker,

You are a complete noob. Raid mechanics and tuning, much less the final talent builds have not even been finalized and you presume to tell Ret Pallies how they should play the game.

Healers heal every raid member who is in danger of dying. No raid class or spec is self-sufficient. That would defeat the entire point of raiding. As a healer, I heal other healers all the time.

Ret pallies will still have limited healing ability. Their mana pools will be pretty small, since they will be sharing Warrior and Death Knight itemization. Will they have utility aside from DPS? Of course, they will. I doubt any skilled Ret Pallies will shy away from using their abilities whenever their skills are needed.

Your post is completely pointless.

FAIL

I doubt this guy has ever grouped with a ret never mind raided with one.

Mate, its simple, rets are there to damage, a good geared ret will easily be top 5-7 in dps overall but will be firing out mana and heals only because his attacks (storm and judgements) do so at the same time. He wont be stopping to actually cast heals- you are a muppet if you think he will. SoB is the current top dps seal in tbc and after all is sorted will probably be so again in wotlk. Horde rets have coped with this for a long time (its no drain at all on healers) and divine storm will heal what is done anyway.

So go away and maybe tag onto a guild that raids with one and come back and apologise for your ignorance
    Statistically speaking, you are an average player. Learn to live with it.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

In WotLK ... blah blah blah blah...

to have a solid placement on both the dmage AND healing meters, not just damage.

/signed the rogue and warlock community that fears ret paladins will be viable dps and taking our spots.
    fixed

Other dps classes just need to learn that more and more people are learning to do descent (even good in some cases) dps, and also learning their roles therefore replacing a "real" dps class, like a rogue or a warlock.

Yes, there will still need to be skeptics if you LFG and you get a ret paladin begging you. Because for those of you who actually play a ret paladin, it's no face roll across the keyboard. But don't simply dismiss a paladin solely on the basis that he's spec'd ret.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

I've been working on the railroad
    All the livelong day
    I've been working on the railroad
    Just to pass the time away

Can't you hear the whistle blowing
    Rise up so early in the morn
    Can't you hear the captain shouting
    Dinah, blow your horn

Dinah, won't you blow
    Dinah, won't you blow
    Dinah, won't you blow your horn
    Dinah, won't you blow
    Dinah, won't you blow
    Dinah, won't you blow your horn

Someone's in the kitchen with Dinah
    Someone's in the kitchen I know
    Someone's in the kitchen with Dinah
    Strumming on the old banjo, and singing

Fie, fi, fiddly i o
    Fie, fi, fiddly i o
    Fie, fi, fiddly i o
    Strumming on the old banjo

You don't bring a retri paladin to a raid in order to heal. With paladins sharing the same items as warrior's and deathknights and there being no int on our gear, the mana pools will be gimped for healing. Do you tell your enhancement shaman to heal themselves while doing damage? I think not. Not to mention the cost of heals costing far to much. If you actually knew something about retri paladins, you would know this. Yes we have utility in hand of spells and judgements but good retri paladins will have been already using these since day 1. This isn't some new feature coming to the paladin. We've been using Blessing of Protection (which is renamed in Wotlk and no longer overwrites blessings) for a long time now.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

warning to op
    it aint over till the fat lady sings
    meaning wotlk is still in beta mode everything & anything can change you cannot base your theorys on a beta version
    simple as end off
    nuff said

I forgot people spec ret to heal, that's why they spec Ret in the first place, for all the healing buffs it gives them? Shadow Priests and Feral Druids also have healing spells, do you see them doing anything other than their actual role in raids?

If SoB is causing your healers problems, then get new healers.

Is the OP trolling or is he someone that has never raided in his life?

I mean SoB is already mostly mitigated by healing stream totem + JoL on the target.

The only healing ret pallies should be do is if they're dangerously close to dying or another melee near him is in said state OR using LoH on a tank about to die.

Now in pvp, its a whole different story, ret pallies should be throwing spot heals out as others need it, especially since it isn't hard to regen the mana used for it.

lol

Hilarious ;D

please tell me how to play my feral druid as cat spec too, I cant wait to hear how you summarise that. :

You must HoT up your party and tank everything at the same time, at no point should be doing DPS.

This thread made me chuckle, especially the part where you noted that we, the Retribution Paladin should "toss a Heal" in raids.

Now that we have had our fun, you may leave. Exit, stage left.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Now that we have had our fun, you may leave. Exit, stage left.
    Blizzard will be saying that to all beta retadins soon enough, get your laughs in now while you can.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.