Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Wrath of the Lich King - Build 8820

Unholy Command (Tier 2) changed to: Reduces the cooldown of your Death Grip ability by 5 seconds and the cooldown of your Demand ability by 1/2 sec. (Previously reduced the cooldown of your bloodboil by 2/4 seconds)
    Demand ability ?

500 arena points for winning Wintergasp ? Woah.. no more arena ? D:

Just to clarify, the new DK talent, Frost Aura, increases your raid's resistances by 50/100% of the DK's level, the way Frost Presence increases your resistances by 100% of your level. IE at level 80 it increases resistances by 40/80 for everyone within 45 yards.
    Devium
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alleria&n=Devium

Quote Originally Posted by Subhorror
    This is definitely one of the most sought after changes, at least for me.
    Makes Gouge so much more convenient in PvP.
    I don't see how "not getting any combo points" is a good thing.

The "no longer does damage" i could understand for a CC standpoint, but combo points are rather useful to have either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiecutter
    500 arena points for winning Wintergasp ? Woah.. no more arena ? D:
    Likely they're adding "Arena-2" points. Thus making the 5th season of arena a completely new point system.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusiak
    Enough with the warrior changes now...

Some of the Engineering recipes are awsome! I laughed when i read the description on the Gnomish Army Knife
    FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And they added the jumper cables in there as well. heh.

The mining pick and other item look like they'll be tradable to other players.
    A small but funny source of income.

The X-ray specs are awesome tbh.
    if they work.

The nesingway4K looks to be a great tank gun.
    Hope they add some melee dps ranged slot weapons as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeros
    they reused the ugliest, most colorless armor set made in this game for casters. good game u lazy $%^&s
    Can you say, "Placeholder"?

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    I don't see how "not getting any combo points" is a good thing.

The "no longer does damage" i could understand for a CC standpoint, but combo points are rather useful to have either way.
    Well, look at it that way. There are two enemies (wether it's PvP or PvE, doesn't matter).
    You're focussing on one to get it down, but decide that the other one is getting annoying
    (starts to cast, does too much damage, whatever).

You can now choose to:
    - Lose all combo points on your current target to Gouge the other enemy, thus breaking the cast.
    - Use the remaining combo points to Eviscerate/Slice'n'dice/whatever and risk letting the cast through.

With Gouge no longer giving a combo point, you can just switch your target to Gouge, get back on your
    other target and not lose any combo points at all. It makes the use of Gouge much more flexible, because
    you're not having to deal with a possible loss of combo points. Just use it, whenever you please.

Thanks for the explanation subhorror.

I was confused at first about gouge not generating combo points.
    This makes it a rather good interrupt or just to help your healer for 5-6s

Regarding the glyphs they released so far, are there any requirements on these to use, and what materials are required to make them?

Notice 2 things in this Screenie:
    1-Lady Sylvanas as BE red eyes included (singing quest--she also carries a bow that looks like the ones the IQD archers use)
    2-Built in Focus frame on the default UI
    [img=http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4320/beloream0.th.jpg]

Most say the warrior chances are very good ^^ only bad thing is that i can t get Blood Craze and piercing Howl if i wanna go full in arms :'(
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-PniqN3AQj4
    ●████▅▅▄▄▄▄â–

True, in a multiple target case gouge is more useful like this.
    In single target combat, as a rogue is more likely to engage in, it's a nerf.

i dont understand it , why is furious attacks deep in fury tree?
    and why they moved slam?
    in my opinion arms should 100% pvp with burst dmg/stuns/reduce healing and fury should be 100% pve with raid dmg/raid buffs/threat reduce and not that mix we have now ...
    but its good that blizz is looking/working on warriors talents

I don't know if anybody stated it but the xp needed for 70+ is reduced. Before the new build for 71 - 72 it was needed 2285k xp now its 1759k.

Cant wait 2 try out using 2x 2h Swords
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Calling Mindflay a defense is like calling, excuse the language, slicing your anus open with a knife a defensive move against surprise buttsecks.
    http://wow.allakhazam.com/wiki/pre-naxx_holy_paladin_guide_(wow)

15+ Year Old Account

Well, the fury changes are nice once I look at it after the extra changes, but I dunno. I still don't really want to play this new xpac. Maybe I'm growing apart from WoW... Heh we'll see I guess, there's something to look forward to now at least.

PS: I actually had some moron IM me on Yahoo flaming my earlier post. Even went as far as to call me 'retarded' when he couldn't spell simple words like 'you'. lol

Warrior talents : Blood Frenzy got nerfed from 4% to 2%, that's quite poor for PvE raids sadly.

Warrior changes are fantastic. I can't wait to try out fury for PvP!!! Enrage is finally a LOT more useful and no longer situational, the damage % nerf had to be done as it looks like it's literally going to be a permanent buff on you with 100% melee crit to proc.

Titan's grip is great now, I have a feeling they'll nerf it though. Ramage <3 but I have a feeling Arms is dead for PvE now I could be wrong. Unrelenting assault is now a lot more tempting to take, evasion rogues are going to get completly destroyed by warriors ehehe. I'm glad they made Imp MS and SoA more viable now. 5 talent points was way too expensive for such minor upgrades.

Bladestorm, hmmm, not sure about this ability really. I still think it needs to break any form of CC to make up for its' long CD.

All in all great changes.

Are all the gylphs the same size (i.e. Major or Minor) in Beta currently?
    Or do we know which are which types?

It's still uncertain, however these glyphs mostly look to be major / greater. (thus the blue socket)

The lesser ones are only graphical or relatively useless effects, such as the polymorph penguin or new bear and cat form.

Quote Originally Posted by BeRseRkeR
    i dont understand it , why is furious attacks deep in fury tree?
    and why they moved slam?
    in my opinion arms should 100% pvp with burst dmg/stuns/reduce healing and fury should be 100% pve with raid dmg/raid buffs/threat reduce and not that mix we have now ...
    but its good that blizz is looking/working on warriors talents
    Fury will still remain the hardcore PvE tree. Increased threat reduction and titans grip will clearly win this one. I LOVE that slam is now in arms WHERE IT BELONGS. Slam is an integral part of a PvE arms warriors rotation and you have to go up a long way in fury to get it. Now those who still want a blood frenzy pve build can go deep into arms for many of the other good talents.

I see the opening of fury for PvP as more opportunities for warriors rather than less. Arms is still the premier PvP spec when paired with another class such as druid/paladin. Imp intercept/hamstring/second wind/bladestorm ensures that. However, I see Arms/Fury setups starting to come out as a strong possibility. Imp intercept plus heroic leap, you can keep MS up on both targets with triviality. The idea would be similar to warrior/rogue just with different benefits.

Stalwart Protector (Tier 8 ) has been removed.

I'm glad about most of the dps warrior changes but removing Stalwart Protector is bullshit. I was so looking forward to utilizing this new ability. Now what do we have to look forward to, stacking stamina all over again, thanks alot blizzard.