Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: moonkin polish on the way

Quote Originally Posted by Omican
    Every single of those "resto" talents affects balance too in a positive way.
    Removing NG plus all our pushback resistance helps too am I right? That's a brutal, brutal nerf. Leaving pushback resistance to a 15% proc that only works when you've ALREADY almost assuredly taken an assload of pushback is just epic.

That was one of the several reasons why elemental shaman were fairly terrible, they had to rely on an intermittent proc to be able to cast freely. Of course, blizzard (partially) fixed that by at least giving lightning bolt ACTUAL passive pushback resistance. Moonkins just inhereited their TBC fate.

Im hoping they finish the feral tree too, they did say they have to work out tanking and cat dps

Every single of those "resto" talents affects balance too in a positive way.
    We lose control of nature and get 1 extra tick on Moonfire, Insect Swarm, Rejuvenation and 2 in Lifebloom (as balance you actually want it to bloom earlier).
    We lose our pushback resistance for wrath and get 3% haste in a PvP talent.
    We lose Nature's grasp for a talent that's much weaker than twin disciplines and doesn't even fit in a PvP build.
    We get MUCH more bloat.

These changes are terrible for deep balance PvP.
    They are mostly buffs for PvE resto and PvP restokin, fucking amazing.

EDIT: Scratch the restokin PvP buff, I'm not even sure if the new talents make up for the loss of control of nature.
    EDIT#2: Alright, Koraa just posted in the beta forums. Apparently they aren't done updating the Balance tree. I'll reserve my judgement for when it's done. Don't quote me if you are going to refer to changes made after these posts.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleFolklore
    We lose control of nature and get 1 extra tick on Moonfire, Insect Swarm, Rejuvenation and 2 in Lifebloom (as balance you actually want it to bloom earlier).
    We lose our pushback resistance for wrath and get 3% haste in a PvP talent.
    We lose Nature's grasp for a talent that's much weaker than twin disciplines and doesn't even fit in a PvP build.
    We get MUCH more bloat.

These changes are terrible for deep balance PvP.
    They are mostly buffs for PvE resto and PvP restokin, fucking amazing.

EDIT: Scratch the restokin PvP buff, I'm not even sure if the new talents make up for the loss of control of nature.
    EDIT#2: Alright, Koraa just posted in the beta forums. Apparently they aren't done updating the Balance tree. I'll reserve my judgement for when it's done. Don't quote me if you are going to refer to changes made after these posts.

it seems korra is retarted

if he thinks eclipse is the only thing now that needs a polish balance is screwed

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by doomkin11
    ok now im even more freakin confused
    At least you're not an idiot..

..oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoo
    At least you're not an idiot..

..oh wait.
    lol no cuz im not a faggot who knows wat vanalla wow is so stfu

Quote Originally Posted by Oceaniax
    Removing NG plus all our pushback resistance helps too am I right? That's a brutal, brutal nerf.
    Maybe you didn't notice NG is trainable now?

Maybe you didn't notice NG is trainable now?
    Maybe you didn't notice he posted that way before Koraa confirmed NG was trainable?

Quote Originally Posted by PaleFolklore
    Maybe you didn't notice he posted that way before Koraa confirmed NG was trainable?
    Maybe I didn't, no. Your point being?

Maybe I didn't, no. Your point being?
    It's impossible for him to notice something before it happens.
    Don't be stupid.

They bloated it even more
    Sory for my old post i didnt think about so much suckage from dev's side...

i dont understand why they changed the early balance teirs so much when our problem is deep balance tiers , starfall/typhoon/eclipse , alll our susposed to be nice new spells are just shit atm

starfall- sucks in pvp will be dispelled/spell stolen / also i hear when your stunned it goes away yay more OP for rogues.

typhoon- damage is ok , 5 yard pushback is pointless buff it to 8 or 10 for balance druids to be happy.

eclipse- just weird and awkward

I'll quote someone in the official forums:
    -Genesis doesn't make a noticeable difference on Balance DPS, it doesn't really even help our heals in PvP. Is there any reason this talent is about 30% as effective as Twin Disciplines?
    -You need 3 points in Nature's splendor to ger one extra tick for Moonfire and Insect Swarm, that's a monster point hog for no real damage increase.
    -We lost our dps pushback resistance on Celestial Focus and now we rely on a 15% proc for it. If it procs, you'll most likely have already taken a lot of pushback.
    -Brambles' daze still procs while we have barkskin up (lmao)
    -Celestial focus combining a purely pvp effect with a purely pve effect makes the talent a point sink that is very ineffective in both aspects of the game.
    -Improved Insect Swarm is 3 points for a 2% dps boost, more or less.
    -Improved Moonkin Aura is terrible for PvP now.
    -Improved Faerie Fire isn't worth taking anymore. Just let a spriest spec into misery since they don't lose DPS and extra mana keeping it up.
    -Force of Nature is back to a 3 minute CD
    -Earth and Moon still doesn't justify 5 talent points. 3 is enough to keep it up in PvE.
    -Earth and Moon is taking the spot of a talent that would have helped our scaling.
    -Balance still has no dispel resistance making Starfall worthless in PvP.
    -We still need 13 points in resto to scale with spirit (which our gear will inevitably have)
    -Once you are 13 points into resto, OOC and MSS are better than most of our balance talents anyway, so we really have to spend 16 points into resto, making our bloat horrible (Especially with the new talents).

Trainable NG and the new furor are cool though.

I've also noticed the moonkin talents are a little too bloated for their own good, and I just mean this in terms of only speccing for personal DPS bonuses and ignoring a lot of group synergy.
    Second, unless I am behind, wasn't Insect Swarm on a 2s tick for damage, thus gaining 2 ticks from the 30% increased time on Nature's Splendor. If so, that would help the scaling a bit, as would any fix to the idea of Improved Insect Swarm. Assuming I didn't miss a change...

Quote Originally Posted by Rathyl
    Second, unless I am behind, wasn't Insect Swarm on a 2s tick for damage, thus gaining 2 ticks from the 30% increased time on Nature's Splendor. If so, that would help the scaling a bit, as would any fix to the idea of Improved Insect Swarm. Assuming I didn't miss a change...
    You are right about IS ticking every 2 seconds, however, that still doesn't help IIS one bit. Currently balance has too many mediocre talents. That's the worst kind of bloat.

Don't get me wrong, I am well aware of that. Anything I am looking at has to do with the fact that *if* ISS gets fixed, there is a lot of potential to play with. Right now its just a mess of interesting ideas that need to be combined a bit to make some actually good talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmf
    the bloat cant be that bad

i bet you are slapping yourself today! now moonkins cant get natural shapeshifter/omen/imp moonkin w/o nerfing some part of themselves.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

The bloat at the bottom of the balance tree is way too much, shift some of those talents up a few tiers, as it stands many talents are filler, so at least give more choices on the way to typhoon and starfall.

I feel most people have miss that Nature's Focus in resto affects Wrath, which I feel is a nice change for both PvP and PvE. In PvP 3 points for 70% pushback resist on healing, cc and dps is amazing, in PvE you are still getting 13 into resto (at least) and it offers a useful stepping stone, make it 14 in resto and you get your 70% resist.
    “In order to make apple pie from scratch, you must first make the Universe.” Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by lemure87

i bet you are slapping yourself today! now moonkins cant get natural shapeshifter/omen/imp moonkin w/o nerfing some part of themselves.
    im not slapping myself, the bloat is ok, still need alot of work, but its a start