Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Mind flay, yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    well, SPs will sorta have to when doing PvE, and then they lose a glyph spot, they could have used on something else
    dont worry, u r not alone in that, eleshammy needs to put glyph for +10y for flame shock too

Quote Originally Posted by PewZ007
    (dont qq about cd plz and then u cant do anything l2p)
    nice reply very constructive to the topic
    Irony can be alot of fun... Just not this time.

dont forget that mindflay can proc blackout, so ur mindflay can snare the enemy and stun at the same time, if it had a longer range it would simply b to imba, besides u can fear a melee at ur feet easily(dont qq about cd plz and then u cant do anything l2p) besides, arena isnt 1v1 what is ur partner doing meanwhile ur getting wtfpwnt? get a new partner imo
    All our shadow spells have a 10% chance to proc Blackout, that really isn't an excuse for why Mind Flay shouldn't have a normal range. (Still, screw the range, screw the snare, give coeffeciency).
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfrost
    My best friend plays shadowpriest and he is a gladiator and has the venge drake.. he beats s4 rogue and s4 warrior together.. just don't talk about above ratings.. (armory gives me error o.O) It's a frikin great spell.. and the glyph sucks.
    Videos or it didnt happen.. my 480 ress priest gets stun locked for 9K of his HP at least, and for the 3 seconds im not stunned Cloak of no skills goes on.. so the rogue must of been afk. But as for the warrior its more realistic.

I find mind flay range so be also shit, we are the only kiteable caster in the game. Try haveing a mage keeping 30 yards + away from u spamming win lance...

Iv never found the sare on it any use at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    the reason mind flay had a low mana cost is because SW:P and Mind Blast have a huge mana cost
    if mind blast had the mana cost of say.. fireball, it'd be impossible for a priest to sustain his mana pool

especially after they also had Vampiric Touch thrown in, which is also a heavy mana cost spell

using DoTs in combination with a nuke(in this case MB and MF) drains your mana pool quite drastically

the reason the warlock's primary nuke has a high mana cost(shadowbolt vs mind flay) is because warlock essentially have infinite mana, unlike priests, who, once they run dry can't do anything but pop that mana potion(in WotLK they do get their own little anti melee CloS that also restores health and mana, and in TBC they also got the shadowfiend, but that was way before the mind flay mana cost was decided, so they don't really count in influenced the low mana cost of mind flay)
    The fact is though that MF is under priced for what it brings and for that reason it should have some weaknesses. Range & channeled are those weaknesses... the fact that other spells cost this or that is irrelevant and as you pointed out were they to increase the mana cost of MF to allow it to have 30yd range the class would fall over.

Make the best with what you have, if you personally can't use MF effectively I suggest respecing to holy or disc or rolling another class.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfrost
    My best friend plays shadowpriest and he is a gladiator and has the venge drake.. he beats s4 rogue and s4 warrior together.. just don't talk about above ratings.. (armory gives me error o.O) It's a frikin great spell.. and the glyph sucks.
    While I find the 24yd (talented) range on MF a little frustrating at times I don't have a problem with it... however for PvE purposes the MF glyph is quite useful. It sounds to me you only care about PvP?

Priests are much less squishy then classes that can't heal.....remember the whole spellpower change, you think your shield and heals aren't going to be powerful?
    You pretty much have more health then anyone else coming up against you when your able to heal and now with spell power you will do very well.
    inner fire would cop it for being a shield it would give much less then it does now and cost more mana.
    Mind flay reapplies the slow quicker then other dispelable snares.
    a 1 second frostbolt will cost probably 900 mana atm hit for 20 damage and be dispellable in many ways.
    Horrify will get players off you mages need to hold people in place they simply must their health cannot come back they can't stand there and take it and warlocks can't really get alot off classes off them once they are there they need a better snare.
    Stun procs are being removed from melee if your problem is kidney shot, use a trinket.
    Every tick of mind flay and every tick of every dot has a 10% chance to stun.

Tunnel vision doesn't make for balance, you can't look at the range on the skill and say all this crap the spec and class have more to it.
    Your asking for equivalent snares to classes far more reliant on them while having a very good snare already.
    I cop so many stun procs fighting a shadow priest that the ticks they get off through no skill at all just do too much damage while they sit their in their shield switch out use heals after grabbing some range from fear cast some huge burst damage quick spells, sure you break their fear but they gain some ground there.

You cannot be able to heal and have all the abilities of classes that can't, that you lose mana to switch forms to cast heals doesn't mean you can't and this is the utility you get alot of classes can't win fights without healing themself as healers preists should be no different.

I just figured out how to fix Mind Flay. Make it a new spell! Bam!

Make Mind Flay into a dot that does a little less damage, and slows the target down!

But then you ask yourself, what are you going to cast while all of your dots are ticking? Mind Seer! Lol

Imo, I think Shadow Priests have the least amount of spells that they can use.

Shadow Word Pain (Dot)
    Mind Blast (Cool down)
    Shadow Word Death (Cool down)
    Vampiric Touch (Dot)
    Mind Flay <<<< Only spell we can cast over and over. (Channeled, and forces us to sit there)

What would be nice?
    1. Take away the snare all together, increase the range of Mind Flay by 6 yards (26 untalented, and increase the damage)
    2. Give us a new spell that is like CoExhaustion or...
    3. Every stack of shadow weaving on a target reduces speed by 4%, which makes it 20% total. (I like this idea the most) -- Shoot I would even spend an extra 3 talent points on it, lol.7/14/20% - I don't know, I just like that idea. lol
    4. Give us a spell like scorch so we can cast it over and over (make it do half the damage of mind blast or something, with a 1.5s cast)

EDIT;

So I was thinking about it, and we should make mind flay like Resto Shaman spirit chain or something lol.

Apply Mind Flay to a target, connecting a shadow flay that forces the target to be attached to you, and cannot move out of the 24 yard range, forcing them to understand the pain!

lol figured I would get another joke in

Quote Originally Posted by cryogenic

Every tick of mind flay and every tick of every dot has a 10% chance to stun.
    wrong

Hex of Weakness
    Weakens the target enemy, reducing damage caused by 55 and reducing the effectiveness of any healing by 20%. Lasts 2 min.
    thats pretty good offensive/defensive ability.
    when and where did this come from?
    Really increases priest ability in PvP making them work better with classes without healing debuffs.

hex of weakness is a troll priest spell iirc
    Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Ive said it before in a thread and ill say it again. I fucking hate roast beef but i dont go into an Arby's every day and say "FUCK ROAST BEEF"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamless
    Heh, ahh the internet. Where the 'glass is half full' and 'glass is half empty' people are both shouted down by the heaving masses of "WAAAAH! I WANT A FULL GLASS! WAAAAAAAH!'

makes consume magic look like a pile of crap. not that anything doesn't

I thought you can take the glyphs out, just like equipment.Has anyone CERTAIN information on this?

Mind flay sure is instant!

...wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by Lionne
    Screw the snare, screw the range, I want decent spell damage coeffeciency on Mind Flay. :'(
    The snare effect reduces the coef by a lot. So you should actually gain more damage from spellpower when removing the snare.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyBlight
    Ok, why is it that our mind flay is 24 yard range, and we need something to make it the "regular" range of our other spells. I wouldn't mind this so much, BUT we lose the 50 percent moving snare.

Um... why? Other classes have long range moves to slow you down, from mages ice bolts, to hunters various shots and traps and warlocks Curse of Exhaustion (not picking on those classes, saying they are over powered or whatever - simply using them as an example) yet our mind flay doesn't get the same treatment?
    "Other classes have long range moves....." ".....to hunters various shots and TRAPS....." I lol'd irl

Quote Originally Posted by XeRam
    The snare effect reduces the coef by a lot. So you should actually gain more damage from spellpower when removing the snare.
    SHOULD. Can anyone confirm this actually happens? We're talking about Blizzard here

I really wonder why anyone even cares about the snare on mf???? It`s not enought to peel anybody and definately it`s not enought to keep anyone off. Just give the longer range as a default and shaft the snare already. It`s been useless since beginning of tbc really.

The glyph is just ffing sheit in both PVE and PVP. why would we need a glpyh to increase our range? Just up it a little, to like 25 yrds and leave the snare effect. MF already has the big downsides that we 1) have to stand still and just wait for our deaths while seeing mobs / pvp targets coming closer and 2) It is channeled which means we cant do anything else at the moment, if we stop casting our target rushes to us so we are still screwed.

The main problem i see with SP is that we just dont have enough spells to use in either pve / pvp:
    Vampric Touch (awesome spell in my eyes, shame you have to recast it so frequently (No dont change it)).
    SW:Pain (awesome dot. high mana cost)
    vamp embrace (Nice to get some minor healing back)
    Mindblast (good nuke spell with decent cd)
    SW:death (i just h8 this spell. It gives us huge dmg i.e. i crit with it for 4k atm AND has a 12 second cd. Just WTF?)
    Mind flay (lost possible spell we can cast to do some dps)
    Mind Sear (Finally an AOE for us. thats good. BUT again a channeled spell dealing with the no moving shit. (mages have blizzard and the possibility to give it a slow effect))

The main problem i see here is that all our spells are shd so 1 cs, shock or knockback from a warrior means we cant do anything except shield and run..........

I would advise making 1 dmg spell we have a discipline one. or give us another spell we can use in Shd form to actually do something else than shield and run..

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    The glyph is just ffing sheit in both PVE and PVP. why would we need a glpyh to increase our range?
    Have you ever done ANY high end pve?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ursin&n=Revolok

Quote Originally Posted by XeRam
    I'm willing to bet money on that the glyph that removes the snare effect won't increase it's damage. Though, of course, I can't say that for sure, so we'll have to wait and see. :
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.