Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Mind flay, yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolok
    Have you ever done ANY high end pve?

Yeah i am doing Sunwell with my guild. But what point are you trying to make?

morons who dont elaborate more than just 1 line without even arguments etc. can gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by katholas
    frostbolt has a 1 second casting time and leaves a debuff that slows after it is cast.
    A rank 1 frostbolt which in WOLTK will cost more than a max rank one and will do some negligible damage.

so i got the solution

MF - 30 yd base range no share effect better dmg coefficient

glyph of MF - adding 50%snare effect but reducing the DMG coefficient and range to 20 yd

thereyougo. now i'm free to use a proper PVE rotation with MF AND my glyph
    spot is free for use.
    in case any1 doing shadowPVP equip theglyph etc.....

someone post it at the BETAFORUMS :'( i got no permission to post inthere
    please :
    Ceko@Al'Akir-EU
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&cn=Ceko&gn=Voivodite

[blizzquote author=Blizzard staff]Furthermore, it's not like there is much skill involved to that rotation ("GC SEZ RETS R FACEROLLERZ"). You hit the buttons and damage happens. [/blizzquote]

nice solution, clean and simple...congratulations...and yeah, please someone post it on the beta forums

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic018
    I finished my first calculations using recout:

For Shadow Worth Pain, the damage increase is about 12-15%
    For Vampiric Touch, it's about 1-3% (caused by the additional spelldmg)
    For Mind Blast, some crits are going over 4k, the overalldmg is increased by 8-10%
    For shadow Worth Death, the crits are slightly below 4k, the overalldmg is also increased by 5-8%
    Actually Shadow Worth death isn't causing any dmg to ourselwes at the moment :P

Finally Mindflay. Still no crits ^^, but a dmg increase about 10-15% depending on how many of your dots are upon the target.

After all, a nice DPS increase of nearby 20%, considering Raid environment end single target nuking, it might be about 25-30% more dmg, but, we have 60% nerved manareg, that makes then something about a 10-15% loss of manareg.

The tests have been done with a lvl 70 shadow priest t5/t6 gear stats without any buffs or potions.

I'll do additional tests in PVP environment when the Beta Servers are less used then now
    Personally, i find this a relief. I am in that same sort of gear, and w/o debuffs from locks and my own debuffs or flasks/consumables, i couldnt imagine critting for 4k... this seems like a decent buff, and i really am looking forward to raiding.

I think MF is good as it is and the range should be increased so that Shad Reach would make it 30 yd. Not 30yd plus Shad Reach, it is already a very nice spell.

I can't recall a single time where i used MF to snare adds, (bar vashj). I sure wouldnt describe it as useful
    Shadow Demons on Illidan and trash pulls. If you are on the bottom for Akama, MF comes into quite some use there too. Also, Shade of Aran (lolkara) if you dont have a lock, and are shitty on the healing, go for the elementals (fear, dot, Flay, win)

There is a lot of utility in the Shadow Spec, and it should be looked over so blatantly by people trying to force a cookie-cutter game upon us (aka "QQ".) This game is going in a positive direction, and it needn't be complained about by people who dont use their entire brain.

you're right, exept, that the manreg nerv is embarassing. You loose about 25-30% manareg actually. To fix this, we have 2 Possibilities, the first one is give the right coefficiant to MF, or just giving us 3% manreg instead of 2.

Personally I'd prefer the first Option, with it, SP's should be competitive with all other classes in the same Support level...

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana

Yeah i am doing Sunwell with my guild. But what point are you trying to make?

morons who dont elaborate more than just 1 line without even arguments etc. can gtfo.
    Sometimes 1 line is all we need.

At the moment we have nothing stopping any classes getting up to us. And if something is out of range we are screwed once we use MB and SW. *plus dots of course).

I don't get how hard it is to fix the scaling on it, remove the snare if you are past the 24 yard mark, and thats it. OR give us a new spell, I really love this class, and am hopeful because Blizzard said they are taking a new look at it, but I just want to feel like they are addressing the issues that we are mentioning... instead they seem to jump on stuff that hardly anyone really mentions :/

I'm suprised so few have atually thought of the reasoning of the Mind Flay glyph.

Obviously it's meant for the boss fights where you need to stand at 30 yards or more to avoid some sort of AoE.

Take Prince in Karazhan for example. Every time he does his shadow nova, the shadow priest has to run back 5 yards to avoid getting blasted away.
    + On a bossfight snares are useless. So this is purely inteded as a PvE glyph.

Although it's a shame .. I don't see how giving it a 30yard range in PvP would make it overpowered. I mean almost every other slowing ability has that.

EDIT: Oh right I figured it out. It's because we're meant to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceko

MF - 30 yd base range no share effect better dmg coefficient

glyph of MF - adding 50%snare effect but reducing the DMG coefficient and range to 20 yd
    i <3 to quote myself ;D
    Ceko@Al'Akir-EU
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&cn=Ceko&gn=Voivodite

[blizzquote author=Blizzard staff]Furthermore, it's not like there is much skill involved to that rotation ("GC SEZ RETS R FACEROLLERZ"). You hit the buttons and damage happens. [/blizzquote]