Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: WotLK Beta Build 8820 - Dungeon Loot

Quote Originally Posted by Orisai
    I know many Retadins who will be more than happy to wear that mace in my guild.

Bah, screw retadins, I want that thing for my Fury warrior.

Okay, two of them for my Fury warrior...

That mace is ridiculous!

Well besides all the loot and all that we've seen. I'm pretty impressed so far.

For now let me digress a bit and ask.
    Just curious Boub (or to any Beta players out there), what do you call the new "badges of justice"?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Vaughn
    oh dear, nice feral/rogue loot..

wtb hit rating -.-
    Which is why i'm considering making a Death Knight my new main. Blue has already said that since we're going to be sharing our(rogue) gear with other classes(feral druids/enhancement shamans) they'll be removing/lowering the amount of hit rating on gear since druids and shamans do not need as much as rogues.
    Engineer = Mage

Biggest possible firepower, yet they keep whining. "SPY SAPPIN' MAH SENTRY!"

While I agree that rogues & feral druids will share loot, I highly doubt a blue said that enhancement shamans will wear rogue (leather) loot. Enhancement shammies loot focus is considerably switched, with shammies now aiming for Agi/Int as well (both give ap for enhancement shammies now, int with talent), which is the hunter's domain at the moment.
    Please post a link where you saw that rogues will share loot with enhancement shammies
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

enh shamans will share hunter loot.

elemental shamans however, may be sharing some leather - moonkin loot.

Anyone else thinks that an entry raid 2h weapon shouldnt be 30 dps above the 2h arena weapons ? I mean... 30 dps is just way more than just a little advantage.

those blue pvp weapons seem to be honor weapons, even though their named arena something something
    ViktorVaughn - Nightelf Rogue - EU-Mal'Ganis

D.E.H.T.A. is outside my house picnicin' 'cuz everything in my coat's been previously livin'!

itemization apart it will suck badly that you'll not only have to compete with other similar category (dps using the same type of gear) but with healing class as well..
    i'll love competing for gear with other fellow warlock, mage, spriest.... and priest... and let's not forget that at times resto sham (rarely) and druid can make good use of priest stuff :X
    i'll cry :X

Just remember the same amount of loot will drop, just more chance useful stuff for you will drop. There really is no badside on the loot itself.
    It will probably be bad at the start,however, for dkp bidding systems, since everyone wants the first epics. But those systems simply suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    for dkp bidding systems, since everyone wants the first epics. But those systems simply suck.
    DKP Bidding is great! Really good fun

The only thing we really lose is identity in the loot. With this and the rep tabard we will be much more likely to experience more content, I know there were certain Dungeons in TBC I didn't run that much because I didn't want the loot or rep. And anything that reduces loot being DE'd is fine with me, maybe I'd think different if I were an Enchanter though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wymorence

Bah, screw retadins, I want that thing for my Fury warrior.

Okay, two of them for my Fury warrior...
    That ^^
    My choices of invites into groups will be very limited I'm afraid - I can't take anything that wears plate, 2 handers or melee DPS trinkets! (Yes, I am greedy)

Quote Originally Posted by Morthyl
    Anyone else thinks that an entry raid 2h weapon shouldnt be 30 dps above the 2h arena weapons ? I mean... 30 dps is just way more than just a little advantage.
    Maybe not 30dps, but since raid gear focuses on damage output at the cost of survivability and arena gear has the opposite focus, the raid gear should have more raw dps than the arena gear.

Quote Originally Posted by jkw
    Dear admins, could you please use a character which the models actually show on instead of a microscopic belf female? (Male Orc is the best one for both weapons and armor)
    /signed

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    enh shamans will share hunter loot.

elemental shamans however, may be sharing some leather - moonkin loot.
    Nah, because desirable loot for Resto Shamans is now completely identical to Elemental Shaman loot. There will be plenty of spellpower/crit mail for Elemental, and they'll socket for Hit just like Rogues if they find they need to.

Do we have a knowledge base regarding ratings at level 80? ie, how much of each = 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackomack
    Do we have a knowledge base regarding ratings at level 80? ie, how much of each = 1?
    here you go!
    http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t29453-c...gs_level_80_a/

rating Level 80
    Expertise(-1% Dodge/Parry)32.78998947
    Defense Skill 4.918498039
    Resilience 81.97497559
    Dodge 39.34798813
    Parry 49.18498611
    Block 16.39499474
    Hit 32.78998947
    Spell Hit 26.23199272
    Critical Strike 45.90598679
    Spell Critical Strike 45.90598679
    Haste 32.78998947
    Spell Haste 32.78998947
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Vaughn
    those blue pvp weapons seem to be honor weapons, even though their named arena something something
    Quite possibly.
    I doubt much is set in stone yet, these are obviously place holder names. However, they will need a gear reset for resilience at lvl80, such that lvl80 blue gear from arena/battlegrounds/worldpvp will give the same amount of resilience as season 4.
    It's likely that this blue gear is intended for this reset, it could just be really cheap arena gear, so that people will be able to do arenas with their new deathknights at level80, and not be overwhelmed by people in season 4 gear.

WotLK Beta Build 8820 - Dungeon Loot: No Spell Hit

Take a look at all of the caster loot listed. There is no Spell Hit listed on any of the items. Interestingly melee gear listed does have a hit budget.

I would assume that this dungeon loot would be integral in developing an entry level raiding set at 80, but there is no spell hit. Does this indicate a significant change in the importance of hit for caster classes in WOTLK? Or have the devs just not finalized item stats?

Most casters now have a least 3% hit from talents in the new WOTLK talent trees plus 1% from Draenei with the expansion of buffs to the entire raid. So every caster in a raid will have 4% hit already. Is this the max needed?

Very interesting stuff...

Re: WotLK Beta Build 8820 - Dungeon Loot: No Spell Hit

Quote Originally Posted by Fermi
    Take a look at all of the caster loot listed. There is no Spell Hit listed on any of the items. Interestingly melee gear listed does have a hit budget.

I would assume that this dungeon loot would be integral in developing an entry level raiding set at 80, but there is no spell hit. Does this indicate a significant change in the importance of hit for caster classes in WOTLK? Or have the devs just not finalized item stats?

Most casters now have a least 3% hit from talents in the new WOTLK talent trees plus 1% from Draenei with the expansion of buffs to the entire raid. So every caster in a raid will have 4% hit already. Is this the max needed?

Very interesting stuff...
    I think you're on to something here. Although, shadow priests have their +hit talent kinda reduced, from 10% for 5 talent points to 3% for 3 points. Thats ok though as shadow priests reached the hit cap so early at lvl70 you could take points out anyway.

But still, most of the gear we've seen so far are blues, and are designed to be used by holy priests as much as mages. Remember - all spellpower now benefits healing! Please note the lack of MP5 on the cloth gear, theres plenty of spirit, though. Most probably, they'll only bring back +hit and MP5 in raids, as it's hit is useless for healers, and MP5 is less than brilliant for DPSers. Also, +hit can be socketed, and enchanted too.