Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: WotLK Beta Build 8820 - Dungeon Loot

Whats with the tank shield looking like kaz rogals shield :<
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

???

Re: WotLK Beta Build 8820 - Dungeon Loot: No Spell Hit

Quote Originally Posted by Fermi
    Take a look at all of the caster loot listed. There is no Spell Hit listed on any of the items. Interestingly melee gear listed does have a hit budget.

I would assume that this dungeon loot would be integral in developing an entry level raiding set at 80, but there is no spell hit. Does this indicate a significant change in the importance of hit for caster classes in WOTLK? Or have the devs just not finalized item stats?

Most casters now have a least 3% hit from talents in the new WOTLK talent trees plus 1% from Draenei with the expansion of buffs to the entire raid. So every caster in a raid will have 4% hit already. Is this the max needed?

Very interesting stuff...
    I think this is partly to make raid stacking viable. Ie. you cant run without oomkin and ele shaman now as a caster group given that you would be losing 6% spell hit right there.

Re: WotLK Beta Build 8820 - Dungeon Loot: No Spell Hit

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    I think this is partly to make raid stacking viable. Ie. you cant run without oomkin and ele shaman now as a caster group given that you would be losing 6% spell hit right there.
    Actually in the new WOTLK talent trees, Totem of Wrath no longer grants a spell hit buff, only a 5% spell crit buff.

Yet more evident of spell hit becoming less important.

Well the mechanic is changed thats for sure but i think we should expect seeing 9% missrate on bosses and some actual resistance on bosses so we might need to go for spell pene in somepoint.

New Loot Caverns of Time: Stratholme

Gwyneth's Runed Dragonwand
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...Dragonwand.jpg

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Well the mechanic is changed thats for sure but i think we should expect seeing 9% missrate on bosses and some actual resistance on bosses so we might need to go for spell pene in somepoint.
    There have been some tests on beta that showed that 0 hit = 16% miss. 9% hit was either an error or something they changed, currently it's the same mechanic as we have today.

At the moment, the only +spell hit modifier is moonkin's Improved Faerie Fire for 3% (and Dranei presence). Casters will have to stack a certain amount of +hit, and this is largely reflected on a lot of the gear that you can see. Gear without hit or crit is mostly targetted at healers, even if it does look very alluring to casters too.