Re: New tier 3 look?

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi
    reminds me of voltron
    ...and i'll form the HEAD.

i rly liked t3 on my human Female! less the head ofc!! its just sexy

Pretty sure there are new looks.

http://wotlkwiki.info/up2/models/8820/model2.jpg is Cryptstalker, but it has different (and multiple) spikes coming out of it now.

The old Cryptstalker shoulders: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=22439#screenshots:id=4167

I'm glad they're at least updating them and not just reusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darshy
    mage t6 IS pink.
    mage t4 is baby blue.
    mage t2 IS violet.
    mage t1 is... just retarded looking.
    t5... wasn't bad, but it was totally unorigional.

uh lock t3 is not jamaican flag... its black and green and orange... just so wierd looking...
    What are you, drunk ? Mage Tier 1 looked awesome, T2 however did not.
    T2 has some of the best looking sets per class ever made, except the Mage class.

Also, T5 is the best looking mage set of TBC, unlike T6 which allows you to have your party receive the Playboy-channel.

Omg it's the sequel to our original mcdonalds outfit lightforge...

all hail the Cheesebringer armor ~

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jukaï
    What are you, drunk ? Mage Tier 1 looked awesome, T2 however did not.
    T2 has some of the best looking sets per class ever made, except the Mage class.

Also, T5 is the best looking mage set of TBC, unlike T6 which allows you to have your party receive the Playboy-channel.
    actually, i thought t2 was pretty damn great

hate t5, has nothing to do with mage

Quote Originally Posted by Azagoth

http://wotlkwiki.info/up2/models/8820/model2.jpg is Cryptstalker, but it has different (and multiple) spikes coming out of it now.

The old Cryptstalker shoulders: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=22439#screenshots:id=4167

wow your right, these 2 are really similar, Im actually excited about the naxx sets now :P

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf

Mages require either a cowl or a collar. Not a Smurfs Halloween mask nor a frigging antenna. T2 was horrible.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jukaï
    Mages require either a cowl or a collar. Not a Smurfs Halloween mask nor a frigging antenna. T2 was horrible.
    t2 had neither(what was clownish about the head), t5 just looked un-mage-ish compared to the rest.
    i liked the misty bubble-thingies going on/off when you unequip them, or when you run. i just think hovering stuff=mage. i think the problem with t2 was that the plates themselves were too blown up, but i don't know why
    i agree that t6 is a bit exaggerated. but that's wow(and not lord of the rings), so why do we mages need those generic cowls? i thought that giant cowl-thing looked stupid btw

I'd like a deep bronze color for the trim, personally. Maybe an iron grey patch here and there so you dont look like a lighthouse.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf

actually the t5 has the most to do with mage lorewise.. this guy called medivh was the guardian of tirisfal aka the best mage around. and he used to wear things like that. ow and i do like t5 ;D tho s2 coloring is imo better :
    netherwind was the ugliest of t2 sets, tho i was sooo happy when i got my head (aka 1st epic ;D)

I am a Mage.
    Avatar shamelessly stolen from Deviant Art, all credit to the author
    Phailah|Forged|Drak'thul EU

Quote Originally Posted by Azagoth

Not all look the same... >.>

http://wotlkwiki.info/up2/models/8820/model3.jpg

vs

http://www.wowhead.com/?itemset=525#screenshots

Not very close >.>

Warcraft, the 2nd u link is only diff shoulders, hard to compare the sets without full set, Gloves and boots at least, is S2 gloves/boots. However, all warlock sets except T3 is awesome imo, shoulders from T3 looks like T1 gone down with a cold :/... spikes just hanging there dingling, and the gas mask is just /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Karah
    medivh was the guardian of tirisfal aka the best mage around.
    Aegwynn is the best mage around. 8)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Karah
    actually the t5 has the most to do with mage lorewise.. this guy called medivh was the guardian of tirisfal aka the best mage around. and he used to wear things like that. ow and i do like t5 ;D tho s2 coloring is imo better :
    netherwind was the ugliest of t2 sets, tho i was sooo happy when i got my head (aka 1st epic ;D)
    i know about the lore.
    i still didn't think it looked very mage-y, and yes i compared it to medivh's ingame-model, and wondered why we didn't simply get the ones he had. but they'd only go well with a real cloak and not those small things you wear on your back.
    i thought they'd better fit a druid or a priest, if recoloured. actually, they reminded me of the headlights of a cab and i couldn't undo this thought

Quote Originally Posted by Bareno
    There could be a difference between a Tier 7 set and the Neo-Naxx sets. Considering that original T3 had a lot more equipment to it then the TBC Tier sets (4,5, & 6 - with 6 being the only exception having 8 pieces other than 5). But it would seem that this Tier 7 follows TBC pattern while Neo-Naxx is indeed looking like recolored T3. Which will possibly be two sets in and of itself, the 10man set and the (hopefully cooler looking) 25man set version.

There is always a possibility that they could be PVP sets as well, since I remember something about them stating in one of the Blizzcasts that PVP armor and PVE armor will look different (Aside from the current blue arena gear which is obviously recolored Sunwell gear...).

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas
    (Aside from the current blue arena gear which is obviously recolored Sunwell gear...).
    ....place holder art :

I wasnt looking forward to the idea of tier 7 being recoloured tier 3....but now I had a look at those hunter shoulders, they are total reworkings of the original concept using higher poly models and higher res texturing, I wouldnt actually mind this being the official tier 7

I understand that blizz felt that tier 3 diddnt really have the life span they were hoping for, and were not seen throughout the world as much as the other tier sets, so doing this will give
    "tier 3" its day of glory.

The thing I was against was if they were just going to re use the exact same models, but now there is evidence to suggest otherwise, Im not so worried anymore, Im actually excited.

If they managed to improve the hunter shoulders that much, imagine what they have done for the worrior, or how they re imagined the original warlock set

Quote Originally Posted by Bareno

Your picture says Raid_G, Raid_C is T3 (Get it, A=1, B=2, C=3, D=4, E=5, F=6, G=7!)

They're not the same tier, so I wouldn't expect them to look similar.

Much better looking than the previous QQranger set
    I am the interglow that lets you know to call your brother son.

Its not that bad. You can always turn the helmet off if you're that concerned with it.

As was said before---its not pink/purple, and actually pretty decent color scheme this time.