Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Feral cat not needed by guilds?

Most raiding guilds want tanks and healers druids. What's wrong with cat dps? They have the leader of the pack buff and many useful skills for raids, in my opinion. They can also be OT for a while. Why low/no need for cats? :-\

Re: Feral cat not needed by guilds?

Quote Originally Posted by Moenna
    Most raiding guilds want tanks and healers druids. What's wrong with cat dps? They have the leader of the pack buff and many useful skills for raids, in my opinion. They can also be OT for a while. Why low/no need for cats? :-\
    Blizzard is currently working on this issue and they gave cat form a great buff that isnt accessable to bear form

The skill increases attack power of the WHOLE raid by 40% which is huge, and lasts 21 sec for 5 combo points.

They keep buffing the percentage value and its good although the quest is, even with this buff is it worth a whole raid spot for it?

You must be kidding, it increases your own ap. It's a tool to fix the broken feral itemisation.

Deleted

Because at the moment it's so easy to do both tanking and dps as a feral druid that guilds would be stupid to accept a feral that only wants to dps and never tanks.
    Also there's not a single skill a cat brings that a bear won't bring. This might change with wotlk though.

With LotP raidwide you wont even need a feral in dps group if you want the 5% crit.
    Even if no guild took a dps feral in dps guild just for the crit.
    As Dje said, cats offer nothing special a bear does not to the raid, not even good dps.
    By the way I think Blizz is completely retarted just buffing the new finisher all the time instead of really doing some work on feral druids..

Except they are going to, its just not in yet.
    I fix things, sometimes, when they let me out of my cage.
    @Rawrbmb Watch me stream stuff on Twitch

Same reason guilds dont take boomkins and ret pallies and hunters. The spec/class is good but only retards spec it. So its a case of why arent retards allowed into raids. People who spec cat and say im a cat druid are also the ones who go got to go mum says bed time and lf1m need tank

Quote Originally Posted by Athor
    Same reason guilds dont take boomkins and ret pallies and hunters. The spec/class is good but only retards spec it. So its a case of why arent retards allowed into raids. People who spec cat and say im a cat druid are also the ones who go got to go mum says bed time and lf1m need tank
    Except that ret pallys and hunters are in high demand, esp good ones. boomkins are on the short end of the stick.
    I fix things, sometimes, when they let me out of my cage.
    @Rawrbmb Watch me stream stuff on Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrage
    Except that ret pallys and hunters are in high demand, esp good ones. boomkins are on the short end of the stick.
    Thanks for proving my point. Why are they in high demand. Theres loads on every server. Oh thats right, only retards spec them, and retards dont get taken to raids. Only ret pallies and hunters taken are peopel who normally play different. Any paladins who dont know how to heal are retarded. Would you want them in ur raid group no way, healing requires only smallest amount of iq and if you cant do that then well, im guessing doors are problem

This thread and specifically saying that Boomkin Ret and Hunters are worthless in raids is MINDBLOWING. I'll try and get back to you folks with an adequate response.

To the OP, there's no desire for kitty druids because they already have bear druids, and with just a quick swap of gear they can virtually match your dps. In the game today there is no distinguishing between a Bear and a Cat for a raid spot. There's no need for a feral that doesn't want to tank, and that's what people see Kitty Druids as.

Only ret pallies and hunters taken are peopel who normally play different. Any paladins who dont know how to heal are retarded.
    Actually, you're wrong on so many points. I'm chalking this one as a troll.
    I am a full time raiding ret paladin, my off spec is prot, and I heal in pvp.
    I am in for every fight. I do more than adequate dps. (top 6)

Here's the mind blower. .
    We also have a moonkin druid. He does NOT have a feral or resto set.

Prot Warriors and Holy Priests are pretty much useless, too.

cats cant dps.....yet ;D

Quote Originally Posted by HaybusaRet
    Actually, you're wrong on so many points. I'm chalking this one as a troll.
    I am a full time raiding ret paladin, my off spec is prot, and I heal in pvp.
    I am in for every fight. I do more than adequate dps. (top 6)

Here's the mind blower. .
    We also have a moonkin druid. He does NOT have a feral or resto set.
    So u say you heal. And that proves me wrong coz i said paladins who cant heal are retarded. Yes gj. And ur druid is a retard. Coz if ur guild needs a healer or tank, no sorry cant do it im an idot i am only clever enough to work out a starfire rotation if you ask me to do anythign else and my head will explode.

I love all the dumb people who think i said hunters are useless. Its like omg how dumb can you be lol, i counted 3 replies so far saying that

So u say you heal. And that proves me wrong coz i said paladins who cant heal are retarded. Yes gj. And ur druid is a retard. Coz if ur guild needs a healer or tank, no sorry cant do it im an idot i am only clever enough to work out a starfire rotation if you ask me to do anythign else and my head will explode.

I love all the dumb people who think i said hunters are useless. Its like omg how dumb can you be lol, i counted 3 replies so far saying that
    You could say the same thing to any non-healer/tank class, assbag. "You could only figure out (sinister strike, SnD, and Rupture) (shadowbolt, shadowbolt, shadowbolt) (scorchx5, fireball, maintain scorch) rotation? Way to bring nothing to the raid."

Balance druids have every right to play the game as they like. Why don't those rogues, mages, locks, etc go reroll a healer/tank if the raid is missing one? Seems like you are the one riding the short bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaxthegreat
    You could say the same thing to any non-healer/tank class, assbag. "You could only figure out (sinister strike, SnD, and Rupture) (shadowbolt, shadowbolt, shadowbolt) (scorchx5, fireball, maintain scorch) rotation? Way to bring nothing to the raid."

Balance druids have every right to play the game as they like. Why don't those rogues, mages, locks, etc go reroll a healer/tank if the raid is missing one? Seems like you are the one riding the short bus.
    Did you just say rogues dont know how to play coz they dont know hot to heal lol. Newsflash, rogues dont have a healing spec lol. If they didnt know how to play subtlety or mutilate yeah i would think of them as retarded.
    Btw i used rogues as an example for all non healing classes

Uhm.., Whaaa?!!? As far as i can read you have just written that ret paladins, moonkins and hunters aren't taken because you think only "retards" play them?

Hmmmm.... You kinda did say that..,

And moonkins can be great in raids; they do quite nice dps, they can combat ress, they can offheal, from time to time offtank, they buff the other spellcasters in the raid with their aura, they have insect swarm which makes the tank take less dmg and they have an innervate they can give to the healers when needed.

Hunters got MD, increases all dmg done by the group by 3%, they have scorpid sting, they can feign death to reset their threat and well, they are some quite amazing dps...

Retri paladins can give the raid an extra blessing, 2% dmg done by their group, fine dps, offtanking/offhealing, an extra judgement on the target..

Anyways, I raid 4 times a week (yup, im a nolifer) and we use both moonkins, hunters and retri paladins at every raid, and then we have a few feral druids that are at raids as dps/offtanks. When needed they can shift into bearform and tank, and when not, they can do a decent amount of dps in their cat form.

There isnt a low need for cats, people just dont have space in raids for taking somebody who only wants to dps as a cat, since the dps is a bit lower than everybody else, and a bear in disguise would give the same to the raid with the possibility of tanking aswell...

And Athor, i really dont like you :P

Did you just say rogues dont know how to play coz they dont know hot to heal lol. Newsflash, rogues dont have a healing spec lol. If they didnt know how to play subtlety or mutilate yeah i would think of them as retarded.
    Btw i used rogues as an example for all non healing classes
    There is a difference between not knowing how to get the max potential out of a spec and not knowing how to play it. I mean, every rogue in game could respec some assa/combat spec without ever trying it before and not knowing which rotation is the most effective for them, now that doesnt mean that they cant run over to the boss and start spamming sinister strike and evicerate?
    - I ate a mojo once... Tasted of chicken

you say hunters are useless, but hunter class is the ONLY DPS class not bound by threat cap, if that does not mean anything to you, well good luck with this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenion
    you say hunters are useless, but hunter class is the ONLY DPS class not bound by threat cap, if that does not mean anything to you, well good luck with this game.
    4th person.

What i have said if you cant grasp it. People dont take bad players. They will take you as kitty dps if you are a good player. But chances are you are not good player.

Thats what i said, and it just went whoosh with alot of people.

4th person.

What i have said if you cant grasp it. People dont take bad players. They will take you as kitty dps if you are a good player. But chances are you are not good player.

Thats what i said, and it just went whoosh with alot of people.
    What you actually said was that only retards spec it, which most likely means that the persons isn't a good player..
    There is no reason for that the person playing that spec isnt a good player. I myself have both a moonkin and a hunter alt, that i play at raids from time to time and im most likely what you would define as a good player..
    - I ate a mojo once... Tasted of chicken