Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Content Patch Before Wrath of the Lich King / Arenas

Update - Added a preview of Season .. 5 ? Arena rewards from beta servers : LK Arena 2 2H Mace (Reminder : Naxxramas 25-Man 2H Mace is Naxxramas 25 Spider Wing Boss 3 Loot 1 2H DPS Mace)

Content Patch Before Wrath of the Lich King
    Originally Posted by Eyonix (Blue Tracker)
    With the release of Wrath of the Lich King approaching, we wanted to provide you with some important information. In preparation for the expansion, we will be issuing a new content patch in the coming weeks. Much like the patch made available shortly before The Burning Crusade's release, this content patch is designed to bridge current game content with that of the expansion and will contain some exciting changes and additions.

We have outlined some of the larger features scheduled to release with the patch below:

New class spells and talents
    Stormwind Harbor
    Barbershops in capital cities
    Zeppelin towers outside of Orgrimmar and Tirisfal Glades
    Two brand-new Arenas featuring challenging new layouts, terrain hazards, and moving obstacles
    Guild calendar
    Hunter pet skill revamp
    New profession: Inscription

As mentioned above, this is not a comprehensive list, just some of the major highlights. We’ll post the full patch notes as soon as they’re available. Regarding Inscription, please note that all Burning Crusade players will be able to select Inscription as one of their two professions and level up to a skill level of 375 with it. Upon the release of Wrath of the Lich King, players who purchase and install the expansion will be able to continue leveling in Inscription and the other professions beyond 375.
    Wrath of the Lich King Arenas
    Preview of Season .. 5 ? Arena rewards from beta servers : LK Arena 2 2H Mace
    Originally Posted by Wryxian (Blue Tracker)
    We want to provide some information about the direction of the Arena system. Upon the release of Wrath of the Lich King, players will find they are still able to access the Arena system at level 70 for rated matches. Those competing in the Arenas at 70 will still be able to attain items using Arena points and rankings; however, we do not currently plan to offer new items or titles for this bracket. Players who level past 70 will have their Arena points reset to 0 and be removed from all Arena teams in the level-70 bracket.

Two new skirmish brackets (71-75, 76-80) will be available for players who wish to hone their Arena skills while leveling in Northrend. Those who reach level 80 will once again have the opportunity to create new Arena teams and play in rated matches once a new season starts. New items, titles, and end-of-season rewards will be offered to the most successful teams at level 80. Additionally, the sets released for the Arenas in Wrath of the Lich King will no longer share aesthetic similarities with tiered raiding gear. We want those equipped with the best PvP rewards and those with the best raiding sets to stand out from each other. Players at level 80 will also have the opportunity to compete in two new Arenas featuring challenging new layouts, terrain hazards, and moving obstacles.

Re: Content Patch Before Wrath of the Lich King / Arenas

WHEN?

Excited.
    Wtb date .

Awesome, I choose the perfect time to level up my hunter I see!

Smart move

I never liked the words "in the coming weeks"..

It often makes it seem like it will be sooner than it is.
    Either way, thumbs up from me!

great, im glad i dont raid anymore, at the moment just lvling up 2 underused twinks ( pala und druid) so im particularly excited that i can get a sneak peek at whats gonna happen and if i even enjoy the classes with the new talents but i definitely think its great. cant wait to rock as fury with 2 2h even at 70 with my warrior main
    The World of Warcraft is a game of much complexity, sometimes there's fire, and you have to not stand in it

xheouls guide to wow.

Quote Originally Posted by apro
    This is going to be on a patch to the live servers, correct?
    Of course, they're already available on the beta realms. :P

Pretty exciting, though I doubt it will be as soon as they make it sound.

sexy
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

well it could be realy soon , after all all of this feature have already been tested so we could have this patch in 2 or 3 weeks

lets hope my friends!!!

Sweet, i hope they finish up all of the talents soon. I dont want them to implement broken ones into the game(AKA warlock ones and other talents that are labeled NYI)

/fear rushed expansion

But having some new stuff to play with will be nice if it is indeed weeks and not months away.

Shjt warhammer preview weekend rockz, warhammer 4tw ... Wait Blizzard HQ... We need to release some game patch soon maybe on sept.18 when warhammer drops yea that keep maybe a few % from leaving us LAWL....

well i leaving for sure , i hate just being idle doing nothing in org thats what this game is forever will be , from patch to patch all you do is endgame fast then wait sitting in If or org warhammer takes all that away with pq's and the lot of rvr

mmo-champion-warhammer coming soon i hope :"D <3 ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedan
    I never liked the words "in the coming weeks"..

Either way, thumbs up from me!
    all bets are towards sept. 18 day the day warhammer drops

many weeks = months..I think they're being a bit tricky in their choice of words. They still have to balance all the tanks at lvl 80 in a raid setting. So those talents won't be finalized anytime soon.

it will likely be coming some time soon, since game is coming out in last quarter of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Bayfin
    Shjt warhammer preview weekend rockz, warhammer 4tw ... Wait Blizzard HQ... We need to release some game patch soon maybe on sept.18 when warhammer drops yea that keep maybe a few % from leaving us LAWL....

well i leaving for sure , i hate just being idle doing nothing in org thats what this game is forever will be , from patch to patch all you do is endgame fast then wait sitting in If or org warhammer takes all that away with pq's and the lot of rvr

mmo-champion-warhammer coming soon i hope :"D <3 ;D
    Lol, It will be even better when they discover WAR is noting more then a Jazzed up EQ clone.

bump :P

Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    People said the same about Conan...it was full for bugs and unbalanced classes, at least it had graphics going for it and a totally different system of healing, warhammer has nothing new.

Having said that bring on warhammer! It seams all the 'less desireables' are going there and will make my wrath much nicer.

In more releated news, as a shadow priest I'm not 100% looking forward to this patch as it will gut my raiding with 3% less mana and massive hit shortage.
    WArhammer online is terrific and very well polished at this stage. I played debacle that was Age of Conan and I will say that WAR blows that game out of the war with class balance, PVP, and ease of play. I think mythic achieved everything they aimed for and I look forward to its release on sept. 18th.