Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Content Patch Before Wrath of the Lich King / Arenas

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100
    WHAT? They haven't done anything at all for Rogues, shamans and many other classes and they're already talking about releasing some content in a few weeks? Blizzard better work extremely fast or maybe they'll just implant NYI skills.
    They removed mace stun, be quiet and be happy.

TITANS GRIP HERE I COME.

Is it just me or the Arena 2H mace seens way bellow naxx's? I mean, aint them starter vers of pvp and pve and shouldn't them have the same iLvL?

Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    tbc raiding wouldn't matter because in a few weaks after this patch wotlk will be out and most of your gear will be replaced in due time...

but about the ds/snf build not working with wotlk talents...i just used the wotlk talent calculator and ds/snf still works...so i don't know what u meant
    Your right i went bak and had another look and it is possible with 71 points.

It's late :P

I wonder if 3.0 will goes PTR before going Live, I guess it will but since it's on already on Beta servers atm, it's pretty much the same.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Blizz has publicly stated that WotLK will be released in the 4th quarter of 2008... that leaves them just over 4 months to get it out. I don't know about this content patch coming in time to battle the WAR release, but I could see it coming in late September or just before Blizzcon. I think it's awesome that Inscription is being given up to 375 without even having to buy the xpac.

If someone is bored of WoW and they want to play something else then good for them. What's it matter? It's just a game... move on.

Personally, I see a lot of things coming very soon in WoW that are looking really fun. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by ndrew
    And thus TBC raiding will end as we know it.

Just like the TBC patch during Classic WoW.
    The reason raids stopped was everyone was busy farming honor getting those IMBA pvp epics, you won't have that now.

Quote Originally Posted by ndrew
    And thus TBC raiding will end as we know it.

Just like the TBC patch during Classic WoW.
    I distinctly remember enjoying popping shadowfury in the supressions rooms of BWL and the guantlet after Sartura in aq40, and topping the damage meters in BWL with a felguard. That lasted for weeks, then the raiding died off.

I don't post much, but this is a topic in which I'll throw out some of my info/opinions/etc.

First off, about Warhammer.

Yes I've been in the closed beta and even on preview weekend (3 days) I reached lvl 21 and had my mount on the last night for a few hours. Anyway, Warhammer is a very well made game, it's got it's bugs, but If you played warcraft beta you know we had alot there too. You are able to compare warhammer and warcraft very easily, but they are totally different games. As a hardcore raider and a fairly decent pvper I very much enjoy playing Warhammer, there are alot of things in which I think Warcraft should implement (that would even fit into lore) that Warhammer has done pre-launch. They are both very good games and I could honestly see myself playing both If I wasn't a hardcore raider that wants to go somewhere in wrath.

Now about the talents being released and the upcoming release of the xpac.

I do believe the TBC talents were released roughly 1 month before TBC itself, and I see the same falling true for Wrath. The reason for this is they want people to test out the new talents a bit more before release and they want to give people the time to get inscription up to 375 and many other things. Now with that being said, my personal belief is such.

Warhammer comes out Sept 18th.
    Blizzard will release new talents and such at the end of Sept or very beginning of Oct. This will allow 1 month before my expected release date of Nov 5th (they already gave us the "5th" hint).

On 1 more note, I'm VERY VERY VERY excited that they will be differentiating between PVP and PVE gear, because that was a pet-peeve of mine, if I'm in T6, I don't want the S4 guy to look like me, because I havn't achieved what he has and he hasn't achieved what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvdatboi
    Lol, It will be even better when they discover WAR is noting more then a Jazzed up EQ clone.
    obviously you never played eq, eq was 99% pve and isnt war 99% pvp?

I expect this content patch to come out before warhammer, to stop many perspective buyers of warhammer in their tracks. Enough new things and enough of a hint of WOTLK coming out soon to keep many people in WoW

Is anybody else besides me happy that the 2h pvp mace has less dps than the naxx 2h mace?

We were sort of expecting this sort of patch already though.

I'm a bit pessimist about this news.

Up to this point, Blizzard claimed that they will (most likely) not release a patch before WoTLK unless there will be a delay with the expansion itself. This news, for me at least, confirms that we will probably not see the expansion until really late this year, or early next year. But at least we'll get to play around with the new talents on live as well, which is good

And - please, another WAR vs WoW debate? Should I remind you what happened to all "Wow-killers" so far?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoarf
    Is it just me or the Arena 2H mace seens way bellow naxx's? I mean, aint them starter vers of pvp and pve and shouldn't them have the same iLvL?
    No more welfare epics that are better for raiding harharharharharhar :-X :-X

ok listen the fuck up

Quote Originally Posted by Qrio
    I'm a bit pessimist about this news.

Up to this point, Blizzard claimed that they will (most likely) not release a patch before WoTLK unless there will be a delay with the expansion itself. This news, for me at least, confirms that we will probably not see the expansion until really late this year, or early next year. But at least we'll get to play around with the new talents on live as well, which is good

And - please, another WAR vs WoW debate? Should I remind you what happened to all "Wow-killers" so far?
    I didn't read anything like that. From what I've read, they've always planned to release a similar to pre-bc patch before Wrath. A bridge patch is very useful, and helps inch people into the expansion, it's almost necessary. Don't worry, with the resources and man-power Blizzard has, they will no doubt shoot out a completed expansion very soon.

I'll provide a link as long as I find it

I'm not worried - I'm currently doing testing in the beta, but I would prefer it on live of course

Edit: After a quick search I found this interview. http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=7361.0 --> Scroll down for "Patch 2.5?" I'm sure I read a blue post that was specifically saying that unless there will be a delay, they don't plan to make such a patch Anyway, off to work, see you later

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

wtb rogue talent revision :7
    ViktorVaughn - Nightelf Rogue - EU-Mal'Ganis

D.E.H.T.A. is outside my house picnicin' 'cuz everything in my coat's been previously livin'!

These are indeed very bad news considering the current state of the beta. "within a few weeks" doesnt leave much time to fix the classes so this increases the risk of the game going out without being finished at all. Consider that some classes dont even have working talents and spells yet, while other classes havent gotten their "batch" of testing, or need entirely new spells developed.

Bad to see blizzard rushing for a release date, rather than focus on making sure the game is done and working :-\

Thuran - you're taking it wrong, they are making this patch to avoid rushing an unfinished product to the market. Beta will last for a good 2+ months from its current state (we've only been in beta for close to 5 weeks), and we're definitely not in the "few weeks" range.

Quote Originally Posted by Qrio
    They meant there would not be another patch with additional TBC content.
    A bridge patch that introduces features of WotLK is something different.