Divine Storm/Judgement of the wise

Well if the following question was already answered in any other topic, just ignore it and link the thread if possible, because I couldn't find it.

Divine Storm/Judgement of the wise.

So, my question is, hows the "Up to 3 party/raid members" effect going to work on those 2 skills? It just gives the mana/healing effect to 3 players (with a mana pool) randomly or we somehow can pick targets to benefit from this?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Divine Storm/Judgement of the wise

as it works right now for judgment of the wise - the paladin always gets mana back. so only 2 other people in the raid get mana. only the people with the lowest mana by % of there total get the mana. meaning if some one has 10k mana and they have 1k left and another guy has 20k mana but he has 2.2k left. that means that the first one has 10% while the guy with 20k has 1.1% so the guy with 10k would get the mana and a second guy so if the 20k was second lowest he would alsow get one of the mana things. judgment of the wise grants you and 2 party / raid members with the lowest mana based on there total mana by % mana. if that makes any sence.

devine strom simply gives it to 4 random people near you. i dont know if the paladin always gets 1 charge or not.

This question is probably stupid but anyways just to be sure The targets of JUdgements of the Wise are only mana users and it cannot be wasted on warriors/rogues and stuff?
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Correct

Awesome, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
    This question is probably stupid but anyways just to be sure The targets of JUdgements of the Wise are only mana users and it cannot be wasted on warriors/rogues and stuff?
    Judgements of the Wise does not leech mana, but gives mana to an equal percent of your damage dealt. So yes, it does work on all classes.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
    the answer to your question seems pretty obvious. If you have to ask yourself if something is really stupid and if it sounds stupid...it probably is stupid.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben
    the answer to your question seems pretty obvious. If you have to ask yourself if something is really stupid and if it sounds stupid...it probably is stupid.
    You could be less of a douche and just give a logical answer or don't answer at all.

I did say it's stupid your majesty...
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Judgements of the Wise does not leech mana, but gives mana to an equal percent of your damage dealt. So yes, it does work on all classes.
    >< i hope this gets fixed unless judgement of the wise gives the 3 people ALL 60% of the damage done. If this isnt the case i have a feeling the paladin in raids will always have mana to dps but left with a permenant 1k of mana at all times.

i guess what im trying to say is, what if we have to spot heal in a raid and didnt have a seal ready. (or even worse not enough mana to even judge) Because we healed.
    With our spells being so expensive now because of everything base mana and taking int of gear because of judgements of the wise i feel we somehow are going to get the shaft with it in raids now and then.
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by exphius
    i guess what im trying to say is, what if we have to spot heal in a raid and didnt have a seal ready. (or even worse not enough mana to even judge) Because we healed.
    I don't foresee this being a problem from my experience in beta so far. Seals with 2min duration means there's relatively low chance of not having one active... and if you don't have one it's your own fault. Judgement itself is very inexpensive to cast once you have the seal up (less than 200 mana). In a raid situation you'll hopefully have JoW on the boss as well, and with it scaling by gear, even in my level 70 raid gear it returns ~250 mana per proc so gaining mana back won't take too long. You might also have an spriest and/or surv hunter in the raid for even more constant mana returns.

All in all, there's a lot of mana options available and if raids end up anything like soloing is right now we should be quite comfortable in the mana department.

I know this question has been asked already, but I haven't seen it answered to my satisfaction. It's been confirmed that the paladin is always one of the recipients of the mana from Judgements of the Wise, but does anyone know if the same holds true for Divine Storm? i.e. the paladin will always get health back each time s/he uses it? Also, on a separate note, about how much damage per target is Divine Storm doing (i.e. what percentage of a normal white hit)?

as of now no. if there are 5 party members 4 and the paladin then it is posible to not get some health. however that is very unlikely out side of av. and the amount heald by that is minimal so its not a game bracking heal.

All I know is that a ret paladin could easily throw heals if needed to and have plenty of mana left over.

In the beta I purposefully healed myself until I only had enough mana to judge my seal, by the time the mob was dead, I was back at 50% mana (after a judgement crit, and the mob died in 8-10 seconds, but you catch my drift). The current returns with Judgement of the wise are more than enough to support full out DPS and off-heals "if need be". Granted I currently have badass pvp gear so my Spell power is high > large judgements > large mana return, I still think it will hold true for lesser-geared retadins easily.