Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hit rating for shadow priests

Anyone thought about this? If they release a pre-content patch before Wrath of the Lich King comes out we will all be fucked, the shadow priests.

Atm I got a total of 20% hit including talents. With talent changes before expantion getting out I will be down to 13% with my current gear. With some more SWP gear and I will be even shorter on hit...

So anyone thought about this?

Re: Hit rating for shadow priests

Oh, reaching the hit cap isn't that difficult at all. So you have to pay a little bit attention on your gear, but I'll miss just about 2,5% at the moment to the cap...

Quote Originally Posted by mosby
    Anyone thought about this? If they release a pre-content patch before Wrath of the Lich King comes out we will all be fucked, the shadow priests.

Atm I got a total of 20% hit including talents. With talent changes before expantion getting out I will be down to 13% with my current gear. With some more SWP gear and I will be even shorter on hit...

You'll be dropping down from a few % over the cap to a few % under?! For a loss of a few % of your DPS for the few weeks right before a new expansion when it doesn't matter if you raid anything anyways?

Oh, heavens noes!

And what is your lvl of your gear? With SWP gear you loosing more and more hit and getting more haste. That means we gotta stop getting pure dmg/haste gems and go into getting +hit gems.

And yeh, I know its just temporary, but after reading forums and such over the weeks nobody have seemed to thought about this. And even at lvl 80 we need to go more into hit gems or our gear like mages/warlock or we getting gear with higher amount of hit then SWP has to offer right now.

And lets say 5% you need to get 16%, it is alot.

It aint a QQ, I just wanted to know what others thought about it, nothing else

I'm more worried about priests like the OP, that don't know he only needs 16% hit in total, and thus could move points into other talents instead.

That means we gotta stop getting pure dmg/haste gems and go into getting +hit gems.
    lol, no. Never.

Sure sunwell gear don't have hit, but say if you got the Skull of Gul'dan and the ring from 3rd chest in ZA, you're pretty much covered.

So i thought I'd do the Math about this as i was concerned about it.

atm i have 9.91 hit with 4/5 Shadow focus.

to get the 13% hit needed for the new Shadow Focus, i changed all but 1 of my 12 spell damage gems into 5 hit + 6 damage gems. this gave me 13.08% hit. and droped my shadow damage from 1329 to 1281. with 244 haste, the same as before i changed gems.
    so thats a loss in damage there, but with the new talents, 30% spirit into dmage adn 5% increase in damage, if it works out the 5% increase in damage after adding the 30% spirit into damage then my spell damage would be 1427.
    This ends in a gain of 98 damage with the same haste and hit capped.
    in theory this change should give us a DPS boost to put us in line with other dps'ers doing 1700 DPS, with us being less of a mana battery.

/Xil <Nerve>

First of all, you need to take a point out of shadow focus. You only need 18% hit total.

Second of all, pick up some hit gear now, and when the content patch hits regem and put on your shiny new gear and enjoy your new dps increases.

Can i just lol... you dont need 18% the hitcap for a SP is 16%.....

Epic phail :P

They even might introduce the new mechanic so your spells are capped at 9%... will be intresting to see if it`s left for wotlk

that's the point. But just admit, this new mechanics won't be introduced, does that change anything ?.

1. The Hitcap dowsn't mean your spells hit with 100% (considering also that some bosses have a hitcap of 18%!)

So, if you have f.a. only 14% after the patch, you won't loose much DPS. You just have to pay attention if your dots are hitting. Because still 97% of you spells hit the target. So just don't change any gems, because it doesn't matter before WotLK...

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    Can i just lol... you dont need 18% the hitcap for a SP is 16%.....

Epic phail :P
    Thank you for your friendly contribution. My priest has been hit capped for so long that the number escaped me, I couldn't imagine that someone would be a full 4% over the hit cap.

No proper SP should be overcapped if they dont have to. we can use the talents in other places just as good. 4% overcapped is just stupid. you could remove 2 shd focus talents and put them somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic018
    1. The Hitcap dowsn't mean your spells hit with 100% (considering also that some bosses have a hitcap of 18%!)
    Wrong, the highest level on bosses in TBC is 73, and you only need 16% hitrating on them. We will allways have 1% misschanse even if you have 10000000% hit.

If the bosses have shadowresist, you will miss and be resisted alot. The only stats that help against that is spellpenetration, not hit. So getting more than 16% hitrating is a waist of stats/talents.
    There is no bosses in TBC you need more than 16% hitrating on as a shadowpriest. BTW, Draeneis only need 15% hit from talents/gear in total (got 1% hit from racial).

As a random fact after 3.0 comes out we will need 17% to be "capped" against a raid boss not 16% as per today.

We get 3% from talents or require 14% from other sources. Shaman's Totem of Wrath is also getting nerfed and will no longer grant 3% hit either.

If you have a boonkin Imp. FF will grant all casters 3% and if you're alliance have have a Draenei in your party that is an additional 1%.

Atm I got a total of 20% hit including talents.

Seriously.. I have no idea what to say.

Increased Spell Hit Chance Taken Debuff: Improved Faerie Fire, Misery

considering eleshamans lost 9% hit out of 12% talented, i can feel for you, was just over hitcap abour 5 hitrating or so, now im gonna miss 9,5%? bleh ¨lets hope they will make 9% hitcap

3% from Shadow Focus, 3% from Misery, 17% is the cap = 11%
    11*12,6 = 138,6 = 139 hit rating

people get you facts straight plx. the hitcap for a SP is 16% not 17% :P

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    people get you facts straight plx. the hitcap for a SP is 16% not 17% :P
    You always had 17% chance to miss with a +3 target, but there was a 1% you could never suppress with hit, hence the 16%.
    This 1% limit disappears coming 3.0, so the new goal is 17%.