Page 1 of 3
LastLast

8820 Loot List V2, Pre-WotLK Patch, Blue posts

WotLK Beta Build 8820 - Loot List V2
    The 2nd version of the loot list is available ! What's new here ?
    • By popular demand from blood elves haters, all models screenshots are using human models once again.
    • A lot of items were added to most of the instances. (Even Naxxramas)
    • Added a category for Season 5 rewards, not like there is a lot of items here for the moment but we had to list them somewhere.
    • Ratingbuster has been added to all the tooltips.

Arena - Season 5
    Weapons
    LK Arena 2 2H Mace

Naxxramas
    Weapons
    Naxxramas 25 Trash Loot 2H Mace (2H Mace)
    Naxxramas 25 Spider Wing Boss 3 Loot 1 2H DPS Mace (2H Mace)
    Nax 10 Badge Loot Tank Shield (Shield)
    Nax 10 Badge Loot Healer Shield (Shield)

Caverns of Time - Stratholme
    Weapons
    Meathook's Slicer (1H Sword)
    Dreadlord's Blade (2H Sword)
    Beguiling Scepter (MH Mace)
    Tome of Salramm (Off-Hand)
    Leeka's Shield (Shield)
    Sempiternal Staff (Staff)

Plate
    Spiked Metal Cilice (Belt)
    Slaughterhouse Sabatons (Boots)
    Discarded Silver Hand Spaulders (Shoulders)
    Crusader's Square Pauldrons (Shoulders)

Mail
    Waistband of the Thuzadin (Belt)
    Treads of Altered History (Boots)
    Gauntlets of Dark Conversion (Gloves)
    Epaulets of Market Row (Shoulders)

Leather
    Ouroboros Belt (Belt)
    King's Square Bracers (Bracers)
    Gloves of Northern Lordaeron (Gloves)
    Kilt of Sewn Flesh (Legs)

Cloth
    Demonic Fabric Bands (Bracers)

Others
    Flowing Cloak of Command (Cloak)
    Necklace of the Chrono-Lord (Neck)
    Enchanted Wire Stitching (Ring)

The Nexus - Heroic
    Weapons
    War Mace of Unrequited Love (MH Mace)
    Telestra's Journal (Off-Hand)
    Bulwark of the Noble Protector (Shield)

Plate
    Arcane-Shielded Helm (Helm)
    Flame-Bathed Steel Girdle (Belt)
    Girdle of Ice (Belt)
    Grips of Scuptured Icicles (Gloves)

Mail
    Dragon Slayer's Sabatons (Boots)
    Interwoven Scale Bracers (Bracers)
    Bands of Channeled Energy (Bracers)
    Tree Shaper's Hauberk (Chest)
    Frozen Forest Kilt (Legs)

Leather
    Crystal-Infused Tunic (Chest)
    Helm of the Singing Grove (Helm)
    Spaulders of the Careless Thief (Shoulders)

Cloth
    Cleric's Linen Shoes (Boots)
    Gloves of the Crystal Gardener (Gloves)
    Gloves of Glistening Runes (Gloves)
    Opposed Stasis Leggings (Legs)

Others
    Cloak of the Enemy (Cloak)
    Amulet of Dazzling Light (Neck)
    Band of Frosted Thorns (Ring)

The Oculus
    Weapons
    Wyrmclaw Battleaxe (2-Hand Axe)
    Lifeblade of Belgaristrasz (Dagger)
    Malygos's Favor (Staff)

Plate
    Girdle of Obscuring (Belt)
    Bindings of the Construct (Bracers)
    Eredormu's Ornamented Chestguard (Chest)
    Wing Commander's Breastplate (Chest)
    Plate Helm of the Egg-Guardian (Helm)

Mail
    Runic Cage Chestpiece (Chest)
    Headguard of Westrift (Helm)
    Spaulders of Skillful Maneuvers (Shoulders)

Leather
    Ley-Whelphide Belt (Belt)
    Sidestepping Handguards (Gloves)
    Horned Helm of Varos (Helm)

Cloth
    The Conjurer's Slippers (Boots)
    Verdisa's Cuffs of Dreaming (Bracers)
    Vestments of the Scholar (Chest)
    Gloves of the Azure-Lord (Gloves)
    Ring-Lord's Leggings (Legs)

Others
    Centrifuge Core Cloak (Cloak)
    Timeless Beads of Eternos (Neck)

Halls of Lightning
    Weapons
    Eternally Folded Blade (1H Sword)
    Projectile Activator (Gun)
    Hewn Sparring Quarterstaff (Staff)
    Hardened Vrykul Throwing Axe (Thrown)

Plate
    Pauldrons of the Lightning Revenant (Shoulders)
    Ionar's Girdle (Belt)
    Fists of Loken (Gloves)

Mail
    Leather-Braced Chain Leggings (Legs)
    Kilt of Molten Golems (Legs)
    Tornado Cuffs (Bracers)

Cloth
    Raiments of the Titans (Chest)
    Thundercloud Grasps (Hands)
    Volkhan's Hood (Helm)
    Mantle of Electrical Charges (Shoulders)

Others
    Gjarngrin Family Signet (Ring)
    Cape of Seething Steam (Cloak)
    Chaotic Spiral Amulet (Neck)

Utgarde Pinnacle
    Weapons
    Ritualistic Athame (1H Dagger)
    Trophy Gatherer (Bow)
    Seal of Valgarde (Off-Hand)
    Brazier Igniter (Wand)

Plate
    Berserker's Sabatons (Boots)
    Harpooner's Striders (Boots)
    Svala's Bloodied Shackles (Bracers)
    Reanimated Armor (Chest)

Mail
    [color=#0070DD]Dragonflayer Seer's Bindings (Bracers)
    Tear-Linked Gauntlets (Gloves)

Leather
    Tundra Wolf Boots (Boots)
    Drake Rider's Tunic (Chest)

Cloth
    Silken Amice of the Ymirjar (Shoulders)

Others
    Shroud of Resurrection (Cloak)
    Amulet of Deflected Blows (Neck)

Reminder - Content Patch Before Wrath of the Lich King
    Re-posting the two important blue posts from yesterday to keep them on top of the homepage. See the main discussion thread in the previous news.
    Originally Posted by Eyonix (Blue Tracker)
    With the release of Wrath of the Lich King approaching, we wanted to provide you with some important information. In preparation for the expansion, we will be issuing a new content patch in the coming weeks. Much like the patch made available shortly before The Burning Crusade's release, this content patch is designed to bridge current game content with that of the expansion and will contain some exciting changes and additions.

We have outlined some of the larger features scheduled to release with the patch below:

New class spells and talents
    Stormwind Harbor
    Barbershops in capital cities
    Zeppelin towers outside of Orgrimmar and Tirisfal Glades
    Two brand-new Arenas featuring challenging new layouts, terrain hazards, and moving obstacles
    Guild calendar
    Hunter pet skill revamp
    New profession: Inscription

As mentioned above, this is not a comprehensive list, just some of the major highlights. We’ll post the full patch notes as soon as they’re available. Regarding Inscription, please note that all Burning Crusade players will be able to select Inscription as one of their two professions and level up to a skill level of 375 with it. Upon the release of Wrath of the Lich King, players who purchase and install the expansion will be able to continue leveling in Inscription and the other professions beyond 375.

Reminder - Wrath of the Lich King Arenas
    Preview of Season .. 5 ? Arena rewards from beta servers : LK Arena 2 2H Mace
    Originally Posted by Wryxian (Blue Tracker)
    We want to provide some information about the direction of the Arena system. Upon the release of Wrath of the Lich King, players will find they are still able to access the Arena system at level 70 for rated matches. Those competing in the Arenas at 70 will still be able to attain items using Arena points and rankings; however, we do not currently plan to offer new items or titles for this bracket. Players who level past 70 will have their Arena points reset to 0 and be removed from all Arena teams in the level-70 bracket.

Two new skirmish brackets (71-75, 76-80) will be available for players who wish to hone their Arena skills while leveling in Northrend. Those who reach level 80 will once again have the opportunity to create new Arena teams and play in rated matches once a new season starts. New items, titles, and end-of-season rewards will be offered to the most successful teams at level 80. Additionally, the sets released for the Arenas in Wrath of the Lich King will no longer share aesthetic similarities with tiered raiding gear. We want those equipped with the best PvP rewards and those with the best raiding sets to stand out from each other. Players at level 80 will also have the opportunity to compete in two new Arenas featuring challenging new layouts, terrain hazards, and moving obstacles.

State of Lake Wintergrasp
    It looks like the current rewards in Lake Wintergrasp are only temporary.
    Originally Posted by Verimonde (Blue Tracker)
    In response to the recent interest in Lake Wintergrasp, we’d like to take a moment to share the current developments with the zone.

As many of you have noticed, it is currently half implemented. We’re working as quickly as possible to get it into a fun and enjoyable state. To help provide better feedback for PvP testing, we’ll be temporarily providing Honor and Arena gear from a vendor in Wintergrasp. The rate at which you receive honor has been accelerated to help players gear up quickly while helping us test the zone. In addition, we are also providing Arena points during the beta for testing purposes so that players can PvP in a complete set of PvP gear.

We’ll let you know when the zone is in a completed state. Please keep in mind the current zone and reward structure are temporary.

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    BlizzCon Ticket Drawing Opt-In Period Ends
    The opt-in period for the BlizzCon 2008 Ticket Drawing is now over. We will be randomly selecting winners within the next few days and will announce when selections have been made on our websites. If you are chosen, you will receive an email from Blizzard containing information about how to purchase up to two tickets to BlizzCon 2008. If you haven’t done so already, please go to Blizzard Account Management and update your contact information. For more details, see the FAQ. (Source)

Druid (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8820))
    Typhoon
    It's not finished, no. We're still working on the new graphic for it, and also considering a different design path for it. (Source)

Improved Moonkin Form
    The plan is for it to go raid wide. Given the talents avaiable to deep Balance, I hope it's obvious that we are trying to make the Moonkin a very competitive spellcaster. Some of the concerns from BC (e.g. running out of mana, lack of AE or CC, not enough group synergy) should be aleviated by now. (Source)

Feral spec in WotLK
    We do want to give Ferals who want to focus on being cats some excellent melee dps. We do want bears to be end-game tanks. We want to see serious guilds with a bear MT and a death knight OT.

What held us back from that before was that the kitty could turn around and tank almost as well (and sometimes better) than the Prot dudes who abandoned any hope of competitive dps in order to be able to tank for their guild. Clearly (I hope) a class that could do rogue-level dps and warrior-level tanking with the same talent build is the kind of thing that makes other players a little miffed.

But we're reevaluating a lot of old (and some admittedly tired) decisions for Lich King. Not only will tank-spec classes be able to do a lot higher dps (not the highest in the raid mind you, but higher), but we think it's fine for a Feral to nerf their tanking ability a little in order to go for high dps, or lower their dps a little in order to be amazing tanks.

We don't think it will take a complete overhaul of the Feral tree. To be honest, I think it's a pretty fun tree. But it will definitely take some changes to the tree you see on beta today. Imagine 5-10 talent points that significantly increase your survivability but do nothing to your dps. Take those points and you're a tank. Ignore them and you're melee dps. Take a few here and there and you are as flexible as you are today. I'm not saying that is the final or even only sollution. But that implementation gets brought up quite a bit. (Source)

Paladin (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8820))
    Retribution Paladins
    I meant that we can't assume Vengeance is up 100% of the time so we can't assume paladins will always have that 15% boost. Yet if we balance them without that 15% (or we try and estimate it at something like 5 or 10%), we'll start to run into trouble when paladins with lots of +crit do manage to keep it up all the time. And if it really is up all the time, is that interesting an ability anyway?

As to the death knight, we only gave them that talent to mirror the paladin one and catch a hint of the "anti-paladin" vibe. Whatever treatment Vengeance ends up, Bloody Vengeance will almost certainly get as well.

I agree there are several things driving Retribution to be bursty. To some degree, bursts can be fun. We all like seeing a crit with a big number flying up. But we'd probably all agree that there comes a point where you feel like you're just rolling a dice -- maybe I'll do crazy dps on my next few hits and maybe I won't. I think we can stabilize Retribution a little bit while still letting you see some big numbers sometime and have very competitive dps. (Source)

Priest (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8820))
    Upcoming Penance Changes
    Some changes to Penance are incoming:
    - The first tick will be virtually instant (so overall the channel is now 2 seconds, not 3)
    - The mana cost has been cut roughly in half.
    - There's a new Discipline talent that will make it more interesting (Source)

Warlock (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8820))
    Demonic Circle
    The looping and sound issues will be fixed soon, as well as some other random bugs with the ability. (Source)

Warrior (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8820))
    AoE Tanking
    I totally agree. It's depressing to see how excited a 5-player group gets with a paladin tank just because they know they're going to get a good experience.

There are plenty of excellent warrior tanks out there -- don't get me wrong. But we think we can make the experience a little more fun for both the warrior and his or her group.

Generating a little more dps will help.
    Not being rage starved all the time will help.
    Being able to generate enough threat on groups will help a lot.
    Having a few more fun buttons to push certainly wouldn't suck either.
    We would also love, love, love to be able to merge and pack some of the mitigation talents together so that you have enough points to get some more fun talents*, so long as we can avoid any nerf to warrior survivability when tanking.

* - this is totally true of the other Prot tree too. (Source)

Death Knight (Skills List / Talent Calc. (8820))
    Anti Magic Shell = WIN!
    That is by design. Now, it might end up being too powerful and ultimately getting tweaked, but it isn't a bug. (Source)

Re: 8820 Loot List V2, Pre-WotLK Patch, Blue posts

The stats on those maces are HUGE! o_O
    They're surely trying to promote titan's grip.

Again no rogue news T_T

15+ Year Old Account

I hate humans, I demand the items to be modelled on troll males!
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

Quote Originally Posted by xenaros
    I hate humans, I demand the items to be modelled on troll males!
    NO!
    I want Pony's FFS

gogo human druids -.-

i demand humans with a full head of hair, and the hair must be yellow.

lol.. awesome for the moonkins but is EVERY class going to have the following:

a CC, an AOE, mana reducing talent AND group synergy?

seems like you can do any instance/raid with any combination of classes in Wotlk
    It's just a game.

That's exactly blizzard's intention iirc.
    They don't want you to leave Class-A out because Class-B is able to do something Class-A cant.

The change is mainly aimed at raids though.

Undead Females!

...or Gnomes, that way nobody wins.
    The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Let's go Undead with a High Top Fade!

Quote Originally Posted by Notafama
    ...The Blood Elf Females were fine...
    My thoughts exactly.

It's really stupid to give in to blood elf haters....
    The human male looks brutish, ugly.

You can't please everybody, in the end it's just a matter of choices.
    And ignore the QQing.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

By popular demand from blood elves haters, all models screenshots are using human models once again.
    It's not about hate. But if you're going to show a model, why use a character model where the item model barely shows on?
    -.-

15+ Year Old Account

The belfs were fine for armour yeah (looks way nicer than on humans) but the weapons wern't, belf female's weapons are scaled down alot smaller than on any other race.
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

it's funny how blizzard posts crap like "yes we'll change the typhoon graphics" and is still unable to post anything on the rogue forums
    ViktorVaughn - Nightelf Rogue - EU-Mal'Ganis

D.E.H.T.A. is outside my house picnicin' 'cuz everything in my coat's been previously livin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    i demand humans with a full head of hair, and the hair must be yellow.

lol.. awesome for the moonkins but is EVERY class going to have the following:

a CC, an AOE, mana reducing talent AND group synergy?

seems like you can do any instance/raid with any combination of classes in Wotlk
    God I hope so. Isn't that the point?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Vaughn
    it's funny how blizzard posts crap like "yes we'll change the typhoon graphics" and is still unable to post anything on the rogue forums
    They have repeatedly stated that they do not work on all classes simultaneously. They aren't working on Rogues yet. Live with it, they'll get to it.

And then some other class will start complaining about all the attention Rogues are getting while they are ignored. It's like a cycle of unhappiness due to player ignorance!

I hope so too! (reading my post i didn't make it clear that this was a great-o change!)
    It's just a game.

BE female was fine but at least this way, we get a better idea of the size of the weapon. Thanks for the change, boub.

Quote Originally Posted by rothomp3
    And then some other class will start complaining about all the attention Rogues are getting while they are ignored. It's like a cycle of unhappiness due to player ignorance!
    no kidding!

it went shamans -> mages -> warriors -> locks -> mages -> warriors -> paladins -> mages -> warriors -> locks -> rogues
    It's just a game.

Deleted

thanks for the human models!

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    My thoughts exactly.

It's really stupid to give in to blood elf haters....
    The human male looks brutish, ugly.

You can't please everybody, in the end it's just a matter of choices.
    And ignore the QQing.
    Your joking right?

Blood elfs are so annoying all the armour scales SO damn badly you can hardly see the gear.

Well done to OP for using humans, at least i can see the gear now.

Retarded blood gays.