Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Elemental Build at lvl 80

I was looking around at talent points and where to put them to get the most effective DPS from the Elemental Tree.

I came up with the below link:
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

Can anyone in the beta that is lvl 80 and Elemental verify that this would be the best way to go?

I would appreciate any feedback, Thanks!
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

Re: Elemental Build at lvl 80

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=hyh0qcdftMxstZVfck0L

thats the build i'm looking at.. you will want the eye of the storm now.. 70% chance to avoid pushback while casting is win i tell you... specially if there is alot of fights with raid dmg...
    [img width=375]http://dingfiles.com/bin/readf/?99145656F26RL255/Nataliah+rogue+sig.png[/img]

Ghostcrawler: "Frostmourne is a hunter weapon. True story." (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Zin
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=hyh0qcdftMxstZVfck0L

thats the build i'm looking at.. you will want the eye of the storm now.. 70% chance to avoid pushback while casting is win i tell you... specially if there is alot of fights with raid dmg...
    im still not sure if its worth it now with the new spell pushback mechanics unless you have a pally with concentration aura up too

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    im still not sure if its worth it now with the new spell pushback mechanics unless you have a pally with concentration aura up too
    ever tried doing Teron with spell push backs? its terrible...

but yeah the new spell pushback mechanism is awwsome.. but i would still go for that talent as dps... sadly i'll most likely be resto in LK.. mostly due to guild forcing me resto
    [img width=375]http://dingfiles.com/bin/readf/?99145656F26RL255/Nataliah+rogue+sig.png[/img]

Ghostcrawler: "Frostmourne is a hunter weapon. True story." (Source)

Until you have more than 2000 spell power http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...10300000000000 is still the best DPS build possible. Check EJ, do the math yourself, whatever you want if you don't believe it -- but it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanhesan
    Until you have more than 2000 spell power http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=hEh0qczIt0xRZhgMIoVzc is still the best DPS build possible. Check EJ, do the math yourself, whatever you want if you don't believe it -- but it's true.
    Sorry Nanhesan, but I didn't say best DPS build, I said best build, meaning generally. A build that would be good for both raiding and pvping. Yours would also force you to wear melee stuff with + to AP, and not caster gear, which is ineffective towards upping the needed stats. Now, if you were going for just pvp, then maybe, but not raiding. You think they are going to let you get away without putting those 2 points in Elemental Oath? Raid leaders would kill you for not going into it, especially your mages and warlocks.

Thats 6% less mana cost for spells in your group, as well as 6% increase on crit dmg as well. Since anyone with over 20% unbuffed crit will crit often enough to keep that spell up constantly, then it is definitely wanted.

On top of that, what about thunderstorm? Regardless if you go pvp or pve, the mana return from the spell is worth getting, but on top of mana back, you do anywhere from 1500-2500 damage to each mob, and also knock them back 20 yards. Granted, that in a raid, the knockback isn't as kewl as it would be in pvp, but getting the mana back easy is.

All in all, your build does do some pretty good DPS, but its not raid friendly, or very efficient for a buffing class.
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

I've made about 20 different beta talent builds over time, reading things and watching changes... I gave up. Untill I see the patch 3.0 talent tree, I'm done. I expect 5 Elem talents, 4 Enhance and 2-4 Resto talents to change with the fact Blizz is adding a couple more skills to us soon to make up for the no-downrank. (Rank 1 ES like spell, they claim.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lohmar
    Sorry Nanhesan, but I didn't say best DPS build, I said best build, meaning generally. A build that would be good for both raiding and pvping. Yours would also force you to wear melee stuff with + to AP, and not caster gear, which is ineffective towards upping the needed stats.
    Basically, you are an idiot. Read the Elemental thread at Elitist Jerks if you are interested in knowing how stupid your statement really is. I know you won't, because you fail at Shaman and know it and won't want to see the proof smacking you upside your big mellon-head.

If you don't have over 2000 spell power unbuffed, 43/28/0 is the "best" dps spec for PvE, and debatably the "best" open-world and BG PvP spec. No, you don't wear melee gear you big dopey moron. Learn your class or you will continue to give Shaman a bad name.

Basically, you are an idiot. Read the Elemental thread at Elitist Jerks if you are interested in knowing how stupid your statement really is. I know you won't, because you fail at Shaman and know it and won't want to see the proof smacking you upside your big mellon-head.

If you don't have over 2000 spell power unbuffed, 43/28/0 is the "best" dps spec for PvE, and debatably the "best" open-world and BG PvP spec. No, you don't wear melee gear you big dopey moron. Learn your class or you will continue to give Shaman a bad name.
    We are a UTILITY class, not DPS class. We aren't meant to be DPS heavy hitters, thats for warlocks and rogues. We can get close, but not close enough.

Now when it comes to PvP, we are all about burst, the most damage we can do in a short period of time is best, so your build may be better for PvP. Since it is our classes base mechanic to buff our group/raid, leaving out group buffs makes us less wanted in raids. So no sir, I am not an idiot. I understand what a raid needs/wants, and to increase your e-peen is not it. Think about what you say next time before you blurt out a reply.

Also, regarding the comment about AP gear. I figured since you were all about converting AP to spellpower that you would be wanting more, the more AP you have, the more spellpower you are going to get in the conversions.

I will state again, since you didn't even mention anything about my actual arguement:
    Thats 6% less mana cost for spells in your group, as well as 6% increase on crit dmg as well. Since anyone with over 20% unbuffed crit will crit often enough to keep that spell up constantly, then it is definitely wanted.

On top of that, what about thunderstorm? Regardless if you go pvp or pve, the mana return from the spell is worth getting, but on top of mana back, you do anywhere from 1500-2500 damage to each mob, and also knock them back 20 yards. Granted, that in a raid, the knockback isn't as kewl as it would be in pvp, but getting the mana back easy is.

All in all, your build does do some pretty good DPS, but its not raid friendly, or very efficient for a buffing class.
    Shaman PvP Theory
    -Thunderspike

We are a UTILITY class, not DPS class. We aren't meant to be DPS heavy hitters, thats for warlocks and rogues. We can get close, but not close enough.
    Dear Mr. Terribad Shaman Player,

Blizzard is sad to inform you that your ideas about the Shaman class are irrelevant. Not only will the build already provided to you give you the best possible personal DPS, it will also give you all of your "utility" and all of your "raid buffs."

As for your quaint and misguided opinions about other classes being "DPS" and not "utility" please explain to us things like:

Warlocks Curse of Elements -- increases all caster DPS by 10% (utility)
    Warlocks Create Healthstone - gives entire raid an instant 2496 health (utility)
    Warlocks Curse of Recklessness -- gives all raid melee increased DPS (utility)

Please be advised, Mr. Terribad Shaman Player, that end-game raids (not to be confused with any raid that has never laid eyes on Kil'jaeden) require all of their DPS classes to be able to provide high levels of personal DPS. Since all classes can already provide utility to the raid, the personal DPS is always the factor that gets players admitted to said end-game raids. If you think that Elemental Shaman get a free ride on the scrub-train express just because they have some buffs, well sir, you would be sadly mistaken and rejected from any raid that enjoys top-dog status on their server.

Thank you

15+ Year Old Account

GZ on being an asshole Nahnesan!
    Cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by Yaminho
    GZ on being an asshole Nahnesan!
    Cookie?
    No cookie.

nerd rage
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

Deleted

is it just me or did ne one else notice
    I was looking around at talent points and where to put them to get the most effective DPS from the Elemental Tree.
    and then just under 12 hours later:

Sorry Nanhesan, but I didn't say best DPS build, I said best build, meaning generally. I said best build, meaning generally. A build that would be good for both raiding and pvping.
    ummm, no where in ur 1st post did you say you wantd the best spec for PVE and PVP
    so for this reason i think ill go with nanhesan's spec from EJ... even if he was a bit rage-y and mean

Dear Mr. Terribad Shaman Player,

Blizzard is sad to inform you that your ideas about the Shaman class are irrelevant. Not only will the build already provided to you give you the best possible personal DPS, it will also give you all of your "utility" and all of your "raid buffs."
    Given that your build would give you the best personal DPS, raids don't rely on your DPS alone. They rely also on you being able to spot heal when needed, to give mana back to the group, increase damage and stats of the group, all while also keeping yourself alive and having enough mana to keep DPSing over those long fights like Illidan, KJ, and M'uru(if 7-8 min fights are long)

With your build compared to my build, you would be missing out on the following:

6% reduced mana cost for spells in your group
    6% increased critical strike damage for your group
    12% increased critical strike damage for lava burst
    20% increased bonus in spell power from flametongue weapon
    25% Reduced mana cost of totems
    100% chance to consume water shield orb when LHW and HW crit
    40 Min Anhk cooldown
    24% increased armor value to target when your healing spells crit them
    4% Increased chance to crit on your healing and lightning spells
    6 yard increase of the range of lightning bolt and chain lightning, and 20% increased radius of Thunderstorm
    12% Reduced damage from Fire, Frost and Nature effects
    Lightning Bolt spell dmg increased by 25% of your spell power, Earth shock range increased by 5 yards, and 100% increased periodic damage of Flame Shock
    10 yard AoE that deals 595-679 nature damage, restores 5% of your mana, and knocks enemies back

Missing from my build are:

15% increased effectiveness of SoE and Flametoung Totems
    10% increased Intellect
    20% increased damage reduction with Stoneskin and 2 sec. less on cooldown for grounding totems
    Instant Ghostwolf
    15% more effective Lightning, Water, and Earth sheilds
    60% cost reduction on Shock spells after landing a melee crit
    100% increased attack power by the ammount of your Intellect
    10% Increase armor value of your items, and 50% reduction in the duration of slowing effects
    Has a chance to parry melee attacks and reduces threat generated by your melee attacks by 30%
    6% reduced mana cost of instant cast spells and Increased ammount of spell power equal to 30% of your total AP
    70% chance to avoid interruption from damage when casting LB, CLB, Lava Burst, and Hex
    Regenerate mana equal to 4% of your Intellect

It just goes from opinion on whether you want to lose over others. IMO, depending on longevity of your mana pool, the build would perform evenly, but one would be better for short fights, and the other for the longer fights. There are group buffs missing from the AP conversion build such as the Elemental Oath, so thats one hit on the build that I see for groups and raids.

I miss anything from comparing one to the other?
    Shaman PvP Theory
    -Thunderspike

u can and will get elemental oath in 43/28 build, which makes both 6% lines obsolete
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...10300000000000

important talents 43/28 loose is
    4% from resto (assuming 52/19 with thunderstorm)
    25% mana reduction on totems
    25% better coef on LB
    thunderstorm
    elemental warding
    lava flows

unimportant:
    everything else
    increased range is worthelss, since LvB, nor FlS does benefit from it
    EotS is questionable
    ankh... well 40min or 1 hour, its still extremely long, nothing important tho, killing boss hardly depends on it
    healing talents, which hardly make difference in bossfight

so u see, nothing party or raidwide is missing,

but the gain is
    10% int
    better watershields, hopefully making up for thunderstorm mana loss
    some unimportant pvp tweaks and gimmics, aswell as better buffing with SoE totem when no enha is available
    more than 800! spellpower

assuming there wont be problems with mana in raids due to the design of encounters and alot manabatteries, u sacrifice some manatalents and several dmg talents, which will be WELL covered by 800 spellpower, check the math on EJ, until u have like 2000 SP form gear alone, 43/28 is better for personal DPS, without sacrificing any of party/raidwide abilities, thus making u as good buffer as before, also 43/28 dmg will scale better with % debuffs, 21% out of 4k LB is far better than 21% from 3,4k LB

You are missing Storm, Earth, and Fire there as well.

Also, the build Nahesan had didn't have any points into Elemental Oath. Those 2 were allocated in Lava Flows as the below shows:
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    more than 800! spellpower
    Also, quick question. Once you hit 2000 spellpower, and you change your talent point allotments, doesn't that mean you will drop back down to 1200 spellpower? So in theory, the limit is 1200 spellpower, since you will be losing 800 according to Sarevokcz. If thats the case, then with my trinket and ring procs, i hit around 1600 as is, so my build would suit me best at this point correct?
    Shaman PvP Theory
    -Thunderspike

Also, quick question. Once you hit 2000 spellpower, and you change your talent point allotments, doesn't that mean you will drop back down to 1200 spellpower?
    I said 2000 unbuffed spell power. That would be before Storm, Earth and Fire or MQ are included. Reading comprehension. Also, my link includes Elemental Oath.

The trade is SE&F vs MD/MQ, and until approximately 2000 unbuffed spell power MD/MQ is the superior DPS build. After that, due to SE&Fs superior scaling, you would want to switch to a 51/0/20 build.

Note that NONE of the builds include Thunderstorm, if you want to maximize DPS. Thunderstorm is a PvP talent, like Nature's Swiftness -- you don't take either one of them in a PvE build.

I said 2000 unbuffed spell power. That would be before Storm, Earth and Fire or MQ are included. Reading comprehension. Also, my link includes Elemental Oath.

The trade is SE&F vs MD/MQ, and until approximately 2000 unbuffed spell power MD/MQ is the superior DPS build. After that, due to SE&Fs superior scaling, you would want to switch to a 51/0/20 build.

Note that NONE of the builds include Thunderstorm, if you want to maximize DPS. Thunderstorm is a PvP talent, like Nature's Swiftness -- you don't take either one of them in a PvE build.
    Until you have more than 2000 spell power http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=hEh0qczIt0xRZhgMIoVzc is still the best DPS build possible. Check EJ, do the math yourself, whatever you want if you don't believe it -- but it's true.
    Can you please point to where your build has Elemental Oath because it looks like theres 0 points in Elemental Oath, but thats just me.

As for the unbuffed 2000 spell dmg, this would mean you would need 2800 unbuffed spellpower before YOU say we would be better off without the 28 points in Enhancement. That seems a little excessive, because for one, until you hit 80 and get epic gear, you wont even get near that. I guess until 3.02 is actually released, and we can get to 80, we wont really know. Until the expansion comes out, im going with http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000
    for the 3.02 patch when its released. This should be a good indicator of how effective the 52/0/19 would be, and we can get a little live testing to see how it all pans out.
    Shaman PvP Theory
    -Thunderspike

I don't think there's any doubt that this is easily the best spec for pve and pvp both.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...00000000000000