Thread: Retri DPS cycle

Retri DPS cycle

Could someone tell me please what the current cycle of seals/judgements/attacks are on a mob once you enter combat, since it's changed a lot from BC i'm just wondering which is most effiecient for max dps but also in a raid situation what would be used.

thanks!

Re: Retri DPS cycle

So far, it seems to be a very long list

Well, the simple, standard DPS rotation I use as a Retadin is:
    throw a Judgement of Crusader on the boss > get Seal of Command/Blood up > Crusader Strike and Judge on cooldown while always keeping your DPS seal up. If you are fighting a demon or undead, use Exorcism on CD.
    If you are more advanced at the class, you can try Seal Twisting (assuming you are horde), but this requires you to pay lots of attention to your timers.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkawalka
    Well, the simple, standard DPS rotation I use as a Retadin is:
    throw a Judgement of Crusader on the boss > get Seal of Command/Blood up > Crusader Strike and Judge on cooldown while always keeping your DPS seal up. If you are fighting a demon or undead, use Exorcism on CD.
    If you are more advanced at the class, you can try Seal Twisting (assuming you are horde), but this requires you to pay lots of attention to your timers.
    Judgement of the Crusader no longer exists. Seal of Command is being replaced with Seal of the Martyr or Vengeance. Seal Twisting is no longer effective because of the raised mana cost on seals.

Welcome to Wrath of the Lich King.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Because of the variable cooldowns on the Paladin abilities (Crusader Strike 6 seconds, Divine Storm 10 seconds, Judgement 8 seconds) it is very hard to make a rotation scheme that will continue to be valid even in long boss fights.

Basicly, when you want to keep your DPS output to a maximum you Judge, Crusader Strike and Divine Storm whenever they are off cooldown. And reapply a seal (Blood, Martyr or Vengeance) whenever they expire.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

I imagine that the rotation won't be much different than it is now: Judge your initial seal, follow with CS, and then prioritize cooldowns based on which available ability does the most damage, making sure not to delay a higher damage ability with the GCD.

Biggest difference in Wrath will be the vastly greater amount of damage from Judgement. With the higher crit rate and higher crit damage, Judgement may well take Crusader Strike's place as #1 GCD priority.

Oh, one other thing. HoW is looking better and better. With the new sanctified wrath talent, this ability will hit the 75% crit cap. As it is now usable at 35%, our rotation will very likely change once our target hits low health.

As far as exact numbers go, we'll have to wait until the final coefficients are known, and we get an idea of what our damage stats will look like at 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Deusmortis
    Biggest difference in Wrath will be the vastly greater amount of damage from Judgement. With the higher crit rate and higher crit damage, Judgement may well take Crusader Strike's place as #1 GCD priority.
    Not may, does.

Judgement is #1 (currently), and should be done every 8 seconds. It is such based on JotW alone, all other considerations coming after.

UM judgment is still not affected and affecting GCD right? So why not start with Divine storm, judge during the GCD and then CS?
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
    UM judgment is still not affected and affecting GCD right? So why not start with Divine storm, judge during the GCD and then CS?
    Unfortunetly it does. PLus there is not one spell caused jugement. theres 3 spells. Each judge the seal you have and also have another affect depending on what judgement you use. Judgment of wisdom puts wisdom on boss for instance.

Now im on beta and so far its not really matter of rotation. But more a matter of priority if 2 abilites come of gcd at same time.

Now that seals last 2 mins intead of 30 secs. And when you judje the seal is not consumed. SO all you actually do is crusader strike, judgement of light /wisdom and divine storm

Yeah i knew those thing, well not the part about judgements being affected by GCD, pity:P Still is there a rotation you prefer on beta?
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Thanks for the feedback, just lastly...

I've heard of 'Judgement of the Wise' which would be pretty much essential for conserving mana, but when talented is it just a passive buff for your judges or an actual seal/wisdom?

Also this might be offtopic, but do we have any ways for aggro management? All these videos/pics i've seen have been paladins hitting out huge crits are there any way to reduce aggro rather than bubble (since thats on an increased cd too now)

JoTW is passive and effects all damaging judgements

and for the aggromanagement we got fanaticism as usual + hand of salvation if you would need to dump some aggro
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

Tossing a Hand of Salvation on yourself should do the trick, since it doesn't over write blessings. Then we already have the -30% passive threat from fanaticism which works for all our attacks.

Edit: Doh friggo beat me to it. ;D. Anyhow they've reworked threat in wotlk as i understand.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies