sacred shield thoughts

I personally feel it was about time for something like this to come our way. As i read it on the class listing on worldofwarcraft, paladins in general where to have the most survivability of all other classes.

But my question is, how is it in the beta like pvp? is it noticeable? underpowered or overpowered?
    500 damage every 6 seconds(if you being beat on constantly to proc it) is 2500 damage over 30 seconds which seems VERY nice.
    But i wanna know what people think of it in general fo pvp as well as pve.
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

Re: sacred shield thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by exphius
    500 damage every 6 seconds(if you being beat on constantly to proc it) is 2500 damage over 30 seconds which seems VERY nice.
    Thats not even 84 Dps...
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezz
    Thats not even 84 Dps...
    i dont look at it in terms of dps to break through it.. im looking at it like taking some of the damage off...lets say a rogue. one auto attack is negated every 6 seconds is a start.
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Mezz
    Thats not even 84 Dps...
    That's still 84 dps mitigated that we didnt have before...

Anyway, I just had a question; can anyone confirm how this spell scales? Or is it still not implemented? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced. ;D

/waiting for Beta Invite.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    That's still 84 dps mitigated that we didnt have before...

Anyway, I just had a question; can anyone confirm how this spell scales? Or is it still not implemented? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced. ;D

/waiting for Beta Invite.
    as far as it stands of reading the tooltip. it doesnt scale at all... lvl 80 baseline trainable skill. i guess it would get stronger when the nex X-pac comes out after wotlk to get another rank...................
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by exphius
    as far as it stands of reading the tooltip. it doesnt scale at all... lvl 80 baseline trainable skill. i guess it would get stronger when the nex X-pac comes out after wotlk to get another rank...................
    Even ranked spells scale with stats... Also, I would hope that Blizz has learned it's lesson that none scaling spells do not work, so I'm under the impression that it simply hasn't been implemented or they just havent started working on this particular spell. But I digress, I am not in beta so I dont know for sure.

But I will be seriously annoyed if it doesnt scale. That's just plain lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    Even ranked spells scale with stats... Also, I would hope that Blizz has learned it's lesson that none scaling spells do not work, so I'm under the impression that it simply hasn't been implemented or they just havent started working on this particular spells. But I digress, I am not in beta so I dont know for sure.

But I will be seriously annoyed if it doesnt scale. That's just plain lazy.
    I totally agree... i only hope it scales.
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Basutai
    Judging on the similarities:
    Earth shield: specced (-1), prevents pushback (+1), 6 charges (+1), more mana cost (-1)
    vs
    Sacred Shield: Baseline (+1), no pushback prevention (-1), 5 charges (0), cheap as "made in china" items(+1)

Based on those stark generalizations, I'd say that it is very likely that it will have a spell healing (now spellpower) coefficient about 75-90% of the value of earth shield's (285.something% of healing), so with the spellpower, thats:

SP*1.889=TBC +healing equivalent
    so earth shield in wotlk probably has about a 538% of spellpower coefficient, value divided evenly between the charges;

I wouldn't be surprised if Sacred Shield had a spellpower coefficent about 430%, divided evenly between the 5 charges possible. (80% of converted earth shield SP%C)
    i guess that makes since. and it should have a coeff. if its gonna be a lvl 80 baseline skill.
    Sort of off topic: Water shield spamable to get mana back with no cost to cast compared to a paladin that should have a decent mechanic for more general survive ability should be just as good... (if that makes any sence to anyone)
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

It's obviously unfinished, there are no "cold hard facts" at this stage of beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcraft
    Your reasoning makes no sense. Just because it's subject to change, doesn't mean that there are no current facts about it. And the current facts are that it has no co-efficient and is consumed after the first absorption. Thus, theorycrafting around those aspects is moot.
    nvm

we know it has no coeff ><
    we are all just hoping it will for better scaling b4 everything goes live.
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

Better still, mitigate some or all the damage from Seal of Martyr!

Less reliant on healing from others, though still need some!

Armoury Link

Nil desperandum! Always follow the Light

Quote Originally Posted by naypalmacus
    Better still, mitigate some or all the damage from Seal of Martyr!

Less reliant on healing from others, though still need some!
    Apparently Divine Storm can more than make up for Seal of Blood/Martyr. ;D

Hope so cuz with all the damage our judgements do now it might be a problem.
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Quote Originally Posted by Warcraft
    Your reasoning makes no sense. Just because it's subject to change, doesn't mean that there are no current facts about it. And the current facts are that it has no co-efficient and is consumed after the first absorption. Thus, theorycrafting around those aspects is moot.
    Conversely, your post make no sense.

Obviously, anybody can instantly see from the tooltip text that it is not intended to be consumed after the first strike. And it's very likely that it will scale with spell power.

You're not bursting anybody's bubble, because any sensible person can see that this ability isn't fully implemented. It is perfectly reasonable to calculate its effect with a 30 second duration/6 second proc cooldown, as is speculating about its coefficient.

Personally I think its coefficient will be slightly lower than a HoT of the same duration. That is because of its long duration and because it is free from overheal. I estimate it will have a coefficient of about 300%. That is 80% of that of a HoT of the same duration, if there would be such a HoT.

Earth Shield is not comparable in my opinion, as it is a 41 pointer.