Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

WotLK resto shaman gear doesn't make any sense?

Well... ever since TBC came out i'm a shaman, mainly resto, i love the spec and love playing it both in raid and pvp and although there will be no new ranks for chain heal i really like the new talents but there's one slight problem... Resto shaman healing will be based on spell crit and as of now appart from a couple of items gear for resto shaman with crit is the pvp gear which isn't all that bad... but as i look into the resto shaman WotLK gear... there is no crit at all, even in the pvp parts so... we need crit for mana regen since it will consume charges from water shileld and we need crit for Ancestral Awakening to procc, which will be basically the new mechanic of our raid healing and there is no crit gear whatsoever so far making the new talents which are pottentially really really good, kind of useless...

Isn't anyone else concerned about this?

Re: WotLK resto shaman gear doesn't make any sense?

It may have escaped your attention but...........

ITS BETA!

Itemisation is far from finished. They've only just opened the lvl 80 instances. We've yet to see the raid gear from Naxx 10/25 man - hell - we've yet to see the heroic drops except from heroic Nexus or gear you can buy with badges from heroics.

Its way way way too early to be concerned about itemisation.

I somehow find it hard to read OP's post -.- But I got the idea anyway.

First of all it's still beta, things can still change.

And maybe once you value all the stats throughly, some stats will be vastly superior than crit despite all the talent bonuses.

In the end, I see it as a trade off between talents and gears, some good gains from talents (+crit bonuses) and some nerf from gears (so you don't get too overpowered than tbh, you already are).

Ever heard of item level? You won't get INT, STA, Crit, MP5, Spell Power and Sockets in one blue item.

It is blue gear. Rare quality. Not epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat
    I got full epic before losing my virginity :P

ok 2 things...

yes it's a beta... still beta doesn't mean that you'll change everything, only some ajustments and adding a stat to most of the items isn't a minor ajustment... and about the item level... as i said... crit is a stat which is always there in pvp gear well guess what... the S5 epics don't even have crit... and yes you won't get all the stats but the fact is... that the main stat which is by no doubt crit present in any case... it seems they forgot that they changed the class mechanics because the stats are the same as of now... mp5 intellect stamina and spellpower while the mp5 should be replaced by crit just like most of the paladin's gear

and someone who said that some other stats will pay off a lot more than crit... hmmm i really don't think so... if you get a crit you not only get a big heal because it's crit.. you get one extra heal for 60% of that so... that's sort of a replacement for chain heal, you'll heal one less tharget but they don't have to be next to one another.

Really... that beta issue... i really don't think that they would work so hard designing item stats just to do them all over again... only to give them a little change and it really doesn't seem like the case here..

as far as I saw there's only 1 crit based mana regen talent, the "on crit consume water shield orb",
    there's no other "on crit" based talents..
    it's not enough to justify gearing towards crit.
    (plus you can get 9% crit from talent alone, that's enough to go with the current ilvl gear that's been leaked)

btw..if the stats you're looking for are sta/int/spellpower/crit...
    there's plenty of that gear lying around, it's called elemental gear.

[POST EDITED, read something wrong]

Quote Originally Posted by tremulant
    as far as I saw there's only 1 crit based mana regen talent, the "on crit consume water shield orb",
    there's no other "on crit" based talents..
    it's not enough to justify gearing towards crit.
    (plus you can get 9% crit from talent alone, that's enough to go with the current ilvl gear that's been leaked)
    With the other crit effects, I believe it's worth it.
    Also, with the glyph that adds +3 water orbs, I think it IS worth it.

I'm gonna talent for crit.

R.I.P: Prefix (T6 Resto Shaman) - DK DPS Compendium
    R.I.P: Valkyr (T4'ish BM Hunter) - UH DPS Compendium

Ok quick q for shamans. Has anyone seen any upgrades in wotlk that replace t6 gear? So far at all the stuff I have seen is not an upgrade. Personally I do not like the spellpower system because at the moment it kinda looks like the healing gear is getting kind of down graded this is just my imo but plz show me better gear if there is any atm.

yes... there's only 1 crit based talent to regen mana but if you look again... the main form of healing from the new tree is based on crit... when you crit, another person gets healed by 60% of the ammount of the first heal... and since chain heal isn't getting new ranks that's the new way for shamans to raid heal... if you look closely resto shamans will have a spell rotation which is 1 chain heal, giving you 30% less casting time on the 3 next healing wave or lesser healing wave spells.

So... you'll probably be having healing way as a must now... and you'll be healing MT/melees more than ever, this is how it will go... you put spirit link on the MT along with earth shield, and then you chain heal on the MT and then you do 3 Healing waves on the tank which will heal other people arround the raid when you crit, and you'll be ocassiaonally leaving earthliving weapon HoT all arround, even if you do not do healing wave and do lesser healing wave instead which will also be great with that glyph that makes the person with your earth shield take 20% more heal from your lesser healing waves, and also since you will no longer be able to downrank... and since you can't chain pot... your mana will go down really fast... that's where the crit comes in... when you crit you get 203/204 mana back since you're also not getting any new ranks for water shield...

So let's recap... either you're a raid healer and you'll need crit in order to do recent raid heal because of the ancestral awakening talent, or you'll be MT healing and you'll be casting spells with relativly low cast time and with big mana cost, unless you don't do that spell rotation and your casts will be slower so you spend less mana but in that case you'll be crap and pretty much useless in a raid...

Some people say that you'll be usefull either way because of spirit link, well... every healer class/tree has a similar buff spell now so let's not go there...

comparing to other classes... druids will be doing huge ammounts of raid heal with living seed, nourish and florish, priests will be amazing MT healers since they're already the class with the strongest direct heals and they will be healing for 40% more with the last holy talent, paladins will have a AoE heal and with the loads of crit they have... each time they score a crit with holy shock they get an instant holy light, so... everyone is getting buffed up and even paladins can raid heal, while shamans... yes, we're getting really great buffs on our healing tree but the thing is... in order for that to work, we'll need gear to match it and the main stat will be spell crit but the thing is... there is no healing gear with spell crit... which makes the talents kind of pointles...

now 2 things... about getting 9% from talents alone... well we don't crit a lot now and we have 5% from talents, a good gear resto shaman crits for litle over 20% well... you'll be critting for 4% more now... so really isn't that much of a difference..

now about the elemental gear... yes it's nice, and losing a bit spellpower may not be all that bad but... water shield isn't getting new ranks and since you'll be wasting 800 mana per spell and getting 200 back after you wasted about over 2k mana... you'll still need mp5 also because regaining only 10% without being able to chain pot... you'll be out of mana in 2 minutes.

spell power will be exactly the same... healing gear will have more spell power

oh and about the T6 replacement... you'll only get replacement for that near lvl 80...

about going for crit.. yes! i'm going for 40% spell crit raid buffed when the new talents come before the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Kduruh
    spell power will be exactly the same... healing gear will have more spell power
    No, healing gets more benefit from spell power than damage does. 20% I belive it was.

100 spellpower = 120 +heal effectively.

(I can't find the post right now, someone correct me on the number if I am wrong)

EDIT: Found the numbers. 1.88. So 20% is way off, it's 88%.

So if you got 1000 spellpower, you got 1880 +heal.

Take your current +heal, divide by 1.88 and you'll get spellpower.
    Take WOTLK spellpower and multiply with 1.88 and you got effective +heal.

R.I.P: Prefix (T6 Resto Shaman) - DK DPS Compendium
    R.I.P: Valkyr (T4'ish BM Hunter) - UH DPS Compendium

I admit to only having skimmed the responses, but it's amazing nobody has rectified you here yet:

There WILL be new ranks of Chain Heal. It won't be 100% as awesomesauce as it is in its current state though.

Also, the new spellpower change will do nothing to harm or improve your actual healing power. You will get less spellpower from your items but because of talents and coefficients you will have the same netto healing output.

There's just so much wrong information in this thread......

1. Chain Heal WILL get new ranks. At least that's the last thing from blue regarding this.

2. Same for Earth Shield, although answers weren't that clear here.

3. 1 Spellpower is about 1.885 Heal, not 1:2, not 1:1.2 not 1:1 or anything else. By now everyone should know that.

4. As many many people said before: a) this is beta, b) most of the items are pre-raid blues. How many haste items are there before BT/MH. How many with armor pen? I'm not even asking how much there are before raids at all.... c) we will have to evaluate the gain shams get from crit in respect to other stats in raiding environment, not now.

Dumb person is dumb. You keep repeating "Since we get no new rank of chain heal...", so I take it that's your basis for your argument. Blizzard has already stated that not all abilities are in beta right now. And that a new rank of chain heal is one of those abilities. Please research before you complain about nothing.
    LOLINFRACTED

Please read the posts before you start calling people names... the argument is the gear... not the chain heal...

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

But you think gear will be crap BECAUSE, YOU THINK there wont be new ranks of CH, so YOU THINK you'll have to use HW and LHW to be effective healer.

You fail x3...

I could not aggre more with what Cronax and Ghrim said, there is so much wrong information (that you're trying to sell)... I wont repeat what they said, hope that two people is enough for you to get where you're wrong.

First, you should really read up bout new spellpower mechanics, before you even start to share your thoughts, unless you jst want to spam.

Second, there are only 2 crit depenedant talents, which is Imp. Water Shield and Ancestral Awakening, both of them doesnt work for our main healing spell.

Third, if you think that changing whole MP5 for crit is good idea, i wish you good luck with playing... a paladin, cause for shammie its not only fail, its EPIC fail.

Want to go for 40% crit? Sure try it, but sacrificing your most viable source of mana during fight (mp5), when mana pots will cause debuff is silly. Do you realize that you have to cast to have a mana back? And when you finally go OOM (cause you will) and dont have mana for even LHW, what then? With no mp5, you'll be more than useless for a VERY LONG time.

Aside from that we dont know ANYTHING bout new gear, we just saw few blues, and unnamed epics. Some gear migth have mp5 while other gear might have crit, and some can have both. Not to mention that there is also haste. We need all of them in fair amount, not one of them in sick amount.

Ok still I have not seen any posts so far about us getting new CH ranks. They have every other spell but that one atm. If I am incorrect plz show me a link that says otherwise. Yes, I know this is still only beta but still wouldn't have blizz posted at least on thing about Ch? If I am wrong plz post a link that has some sort of blue posts on it.

Ok nvm found a post that said they where working on it but I would steal like at least one upgrade I dont feel like becoming a single target healer when i can do 3 w/ chain heal.

In reply to the item stats:

Blizzard probably going back to the " an epic actually means something " itemization.

Pre-BC. An epic meant something. In the burning crusade, epics are abundant and anyone can obtain them with little to no work. The stats on blue items will not and should never be anywhere close to that of an epic. IMO.

If you want the best gear you should have to work VERY hard to achieve it. Handing out sub-tier 6 gear to casual players makes me sad in the pants.

Note, from what I have seen, resto shamans might get a little bit more crit than before =D yay!
    Healing isn't something you can calculate. It's an art.