Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: WotLK resto shaman gear doesn't make any sense?

Im not worrying bout anything... i was responding to your post in which you said 'Just do arenas for pvp gear. PVP gear gives crit and use that to blow through PVE.'

And it was to say that pvp gear is useless for end game pve. Then i gave you an example of best pvp items, and few pve items as a proof :P

Also at the beggining i was curious bout changing gear for killing trash... it sounds weird to me, and i think its not helping at all

And i SERIOUSLY dont have any idea why you're thinking this :
    Pretty much what your assuming is that Blizzard in WOTLK is going to make a healing class worthless in WOTLK... that's just silly if you think about it.
    My whole post was about pvp pieces used for pve... not how healing will look like in wotlk, and surely not that healing classes will be worthless (they wont, they will be precious, as they are only that can heal O_O).

well... keep in mind that the new tank of water shield will only come at lvl 77 if i'm not mistaken, and it's easy to calculate how much the spells will cost at 80, spells are now at base mana cost (base mana is the mana you have without any gear on you) so it's always the same, only changes as you level up, there should be a graph or a table with the current values somewhere on wowwiki or something...

About changing to PVP gear, that was my suggestion initially, though... after giving it some though, there might not be a need for that much crit, as i said, you're getting 5% extra crit just from having an elemental shaman or moonkin druid on your raid, you're also getting 4% more crit from talents, so... if you get a few pvp items with crit, from example let's say... neck from mother, ring from naj'entus, shield from supremus, mace from kaz'rogal if you want to, and if you switch some haste gems to crit, since you'll be now getting 5% spell haste from totem of wrath, you should be able to maintain your haste (while the totem is active) and get your crit up to 30% or almost, raid buffed which combined with a few mp5, some haste to lower your healing wave close to 1second cast time with the tidal waves talent active, it should be a really great combo in terms of stats for mana regen, for really good raid healing and single target healing.

About the gearing up with pvp gear for trash, i honestly never heard of that... and as someone said.. the tanks are indeed supposed to keep aggro, your DPSers are supposed to have eyes to keep themselves bellow the tank at some points also and yes... you lose DPS therefore you take out the trash slower...

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kduruh
    well... keep in mind that the new tank of water shield will only come at lvl 77 if i'm not mistaken, and it's easy to calculate how much the spells will cost at 80, spells are now at base mana cost (base mana is the mana you have without any gear on you) so it's always the same, only changes as you level up, there should be a graph or a table with the current values somewhere on wowwiki or something...
    Yes i know that...

Atm base mana is 2.9k. So on lvl 70 HW and LHW will cost almost exact same amount as they do now. We dont know how much base mana each class will have on lvl 80 though.

As for using pvp gear, like i said you can do that at the beggining, but later in the game pvp gear is not good enough, not even close to pve.

Totaly agree with your last statement! When earlier in the post i meant PVP gear i meant for now, for the new patch, before the expansion and it's only for the crit.

I think overall, healing with a shaman will be more fun, not only you have more spells but the class mechanic seems more complex and therefore a lot more fun, now you need mp5, healing bonus and spell haste, well intellect also ofc but later on you'll need also crit, and you need to create a good balance between all those stats, it really seems like great fun to me.

is easy, if you want crit, steal elemental-balance-mage gear

So... i should steal elemental balanced gear and lose about 30% or more healing bonus, hmmmm, that really doesn't seem wise, besides before WotLK you can find crit based healing gear besides the plate stuff for paladin, the issue about this post is that the first resto gear which you'll have acess to in WotLK has no crit at all which will be almost as good for mana regen as mp5 buf with the bonus that you heal a lot more because you crit and because you heal someone else by 60% of the initial spell if you crit with lesser healing wave or healing wave.

well, u cant expect from leveling gear to have everything, and pieces with same iLev have mostly same SP, just with the exception elegear has crit instead of stamina, so its not like u will loose anything. tho id kill restoshammy if hed "steal" my gear just because he wants crit instead of mp5 /joke

hahaha that would be funny yeah ^^ though... that will happen a bit with pallies but they'll just have to get used to it

So... i should steal elemental balanced gear and lose about 30% or more healing bonus, hmmmm, that really doesn't seem wise, besides before WotLK you can find crit based healing gear besides the plate stuff for paladin, the issue about this post is that the first resto gear which you'll have acess to in WotLK has no crit at all which will be almost as good for mana regen as mp5 buf with the bonus that you heal a lot more because you crit and because you heal someone else by 60% of the initial spell if you crit with lesser healing wave or healing wave.
    starting with the point that all wotlk gear has spellpower instead of dmg or heal, so the same piece can be used for heal and dps. You can lose mp5 but not heal.now you cant erase your post or something

With the new Water Shield triggers being a 400% upgrade over the old version, I think that full elemental gear as a healer COULD work. You gain 460 mana on a crit (if you put 8 points in Enhance for Improved Shields) - so if you have (with raid buffs) 30% Crit and cast a Healing Wave every 2,5 seconds, you have roughly 300 MP5 just from critting spells. That doesn't sound bad at all, and I'm excited to try this.

However, if you mainly use Chain Heal, you don't benefit from most of the crit talents since they're restricted to HW/LHW. In this case, going the "traditional" route for MP5 sounds like the better plan.

Well there's a few things worth mentioning once more. As someone said all WotLK gear has spellpower instead of healing though you're thinking is slightly off, yes it's true that spellpower will convert with diferent values to spelldamage or healing but nontheless, elemental gear has less spellpower so... it leads to the same thing... you lose healing power with elemental gear.

by the way there's a typo... water shield isn't a 400% upgrade... it's almost a 100% upgrade it gives you 203-204 mana per charge now, it will give you 400 per charge so it's almost double not 4 times... and 1 thing, i share your enthusiasm with the new build and those 30% crit and whatnot that i also mentioned earlier but i just want to give you a little more enthusiasm, your healing wave won't be at 2.5 casting time, at least not if you use chain heal, each time you use chain heal you get 30% reduced casting time so it'll be more like 1.75 cast time, and it will in fact make sense to cast a chain heal every now and then, as you'll be using spirit link making 3 people close to one another to take damage, and by using chain heal you'll be topping them off and then you get back to healing waves, besides, if you decide to maintain some haste gear + 5% spell haste from the new wrath of air totem, you can lower the cast time, i'm aiming towards 15% spell haste unbuffed, so when buffed you'll get 2.0 chain heals and not much over 1sec cast healing waves which is even better than what you were mentioning i believe

Quote Originally Posted by tremulant
    as far as I saw there's only 1 crit based mana regen talent, the "on crit consume water shield orb",
    there's no other "on crit" based talents..
    it's not enough to justify gearing towards crit.
    (plus you can get 9% crit from talent alone, that's enough to go with the current ilvl gear that's been leaked)
    We're not just talking about the mana regen, don't be foolish.
    Crit = 60% of healing done to the lowest health person in raid on top of the crit.
    Each crit with lesserheal/healingwave will therefor give (150%*1.6=) 2.4 times the healing done of a normal heal.

That IS significant.

Ontopic: Like said already it's just blue gear/low level epics. Can't expect it to have all stats at that level.
    Just be patient untill more instances/bosses get unlocked. I'm sure there will be stamina+intel+spellpower+critrating+mana/5s gear on highest gear levels.

as i said maybe 10 times as i'm the one that made the original post... yes i said myself the main benefit from crit isn't the mana regen but the extra healing from being a crit and from making an extra heal by 60% of that value on someone low in health

and as i also said about 10 times, i know it's still low lvl gear and it's a beta and again, as i said about 10 times, what i find a bit odd is that crit now being maybe the most important stat for healing besides spellpower of course, there isn't one single piece of item with not even 1 spell crit rating, what you just said was already said a few times, no need to repeat it specially to the ones saing it :P

there isn't one single piece of item with not even 1 spell crit rating
    there are mail SP + crit items, just because crit is expensive stat, thus SP cant be so high doesnt mean those items are "just" for elemental
    example is http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...eoculus_04.jpg thats insanely good chest, better than anything from t6 and lower for elemental, it has around 145 effective +heal, and u can socket in any way u want, for ele and for resto too and i dont see how that wouldnt fit for crit resto build

good example, though it's the first item for pottentially resto shaman that i see with crit, all others i've seen so far don't have any crit or aren't mail so they can be for pala, also there's 2 shields don't remember where from though, one has crit with spell power, the other has mp5 with spell power so 1 says pala all over it and the other says "old resto shaman" all over :P, funny thing about that chest though... it does have crit but no mp5, i would like to see them combined but has some people said, it's the early items, the chance of both stats being combined isn't that big.

But actually i'm not that worried about it right now anymore, since there's been some new info on how the buffs will work, it just doesn't seem all that relevant anymore.

check dung loottables, its like 4th newest post by BB, just scroll down the main page, i found 3 mail SP + crit items, 5 or 6 SP + mp5
    also chceck naxx badge shield SP, crit and mp5 all in one, im looking forward to this one for my eleshammy (no lock on archimonde shield, bah! will be for sure stuck with old badge one till this one i suppose :/)

yes the nax shield is impressive, also a mace, also from nax i think

If it's mentioned already then the discussion has ended already as well.

For leveling up you can just use some elemental gear.
    You can use critrate leather and cloth items without spirit as well. Enough choice. At 80 you'll get all the stats from mail gear. First 10ppl raid with epics should not be too hard, few added craftables and there you go.

There is no problem.

Like always, shamans need to balance their stats. This is what we have always been based upon. Don't be a haste whore, Don't be a crit whore. Don't be a +healing whore. It's about the balance.

And to whoever said PvP gear for PvE........If blizzard forces us to get PvP gear to be successful in PvE. I will be writing a nasty letter to the president of blizzard.
    Healing isn't something you can calculate. It's an art.

To make it clear:
    There is NO elemental gear, there is no resto gear - it's the same.
    Also the spell power on formerly known as ele and resto gear is the same, Blizzard doesn't say "Hey, let's make those gloves Elemental Gloves - we need to make sure it has less spell power than the gloves we wanted to be Restoration Gloves". If you don't believe me, look at the T6 set, some Elemental pieces are now better than the Resto pieces as Resto:
    Ele: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?itemset=684
    Resto: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?itemset=683
    The same is true for nearly all items in game, former +heal items have approximately the same spellpower as former +dmg items of the same level.