Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: WotLK resto shaman gear doesn't make any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by GT4
    To make it clear:
    There is NO elemental gear, there is no resto gear - it's the same.
    Also the spell power on formerly known as ele and resto gear is the same, Blizzard doesn't say "Hey, let's make those gloves Elemental Gloves - we need to make sure it has less spell power than the gloves we wanted to be Restoration Gloves". If you don't believe me, look at the T6 set, some Elemental pieces are now better than the Resto pieces as Resto:
    Ele: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?itemset=684
    Resto: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?itemset=683
    The same is true for nearly all items in game, former +heal items have approximately the same spellpower as former +dmg items of the same level.
    LOL? i dunno if i should Laugh or cry...

Elemental gear in WotLK has +spellpower and +crit.
    Resto gear in WotLK has +spellpower and mp5.

Yes, there is a difference. and its quite disparaging...

Well this post was kind of already "closed" btw... if there's a diference in healing or elemental gear it depends on the ammount of spellpower, not one having mp5 and the other crit, crit will be as good as mp5 for mana regen, a combo of both should be ideal, and if you look closely at the elemental tree, what you actually need the most is spellpower, not necessarly crit which makes the idea of using crit gear for healing even stronger.

If you're a resto shaman planing on gearing up with mp5 only then you'll be a poor raid healer for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Szeraax
    LOL? i dunno if i should Laugh or cry...

Elemental gear in WotLK has +spellpower and +crit.
    Resto gear in WotLK has +spellpower and mp5.

Yes, there is a difference. and its quite disparaging...
    This is untrue, as both crit and mp5 is useful for both Elemental and Resto specs. While it is true that gear now has EITHER mp5 or crit (not both), I think it'll end up being most likely that Elemental and Resto Shamans will be end up wearing a combination of crit and mp5 gear. Seeing as there are so many nice Resto talents that rely on crit, and obviously Elemental Shamans will need some level of mana return with the slightly more mana intensive spell-cost system. But as both of these stats can apply to both specs, there is NO real difference between the two. The whole reason Blizzard condensed healing and spell damage into spell power was to make gear more versatile for casters. They wouldn't go and make the exact same problem as now by making crit ONLY useful for Elemental and mp5 ONLY useful for Resto. Thus creating the need for two sets of gear anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by Renali
    This is untrue, as both crit and mp5 is useful for both Elemental and Resto specs. While it is true that gear now has EITHER mp5 or crit (not both), I think it'll end up being most likely that Elemental and Resto Shamans will be end up wearing a combination of crit and mp5 gear. Seeing as there are so many nice Resto talents that rely on crit, and obviously Elemental Shamans will need some level of mana return with the slightly more mana intensive spell-cost system. But as both of these stats can apply to both specs, there is NO real difference between the two. The whole reason Blizzard condensed healing and spell damage into spell power was to make gear more versatile for casters. They wouldn't go and make the exact same problem as now by making crit ONLY useful for Elemental and mp5 ONLY useful for Resto. Thus creating the need for two sets of gear anyway..
    Well, if any gear that is has a useful stat is for us, i would really love some agi, since it lets me dodge X raid boss when i pull aggro while healing... (Moot point) I hope that doesn't sound mean, but my point wasn't that all ele will go crit and all resto will go mp5. The OP was saying that the 2 sets of gear aren't the same, meaning we'll still be going for both (to a lesser extent). go look at tier 6 belt http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34543 it has crit, it has healing, it has spellhaste, it has mp5. When it was annouced that there were making it easier to gear ele\resto, i imagined much like this (well, not the spell haste). when you change down the 95 +heals by 1.885, you a spellpower, you would take that belt either as resto or ele, right? it would be of benefit.

Also, an ele shaman that jsut goes with +sp and mp5 will not do as much damage as a ele with +sp and crit. also, i'm still not convinced that +crit will really float our mana boat... (chance to get 300 mana back on a 700mana @70 cast)

Basically, they are still different sets for different specs, IMO. I will be trying out crit as a resto shammy, since i'm both ele and resto anyway.

Finally, your last part about ele needing mp5 on gear to make up for increased mana cost.
    #1. we have a built in mana tide
    #2. the talent is "40% cheaper on next 2" meaning as long as our mana pool, and water shield go up as much as the cost of our spells, there will be no difference.
    #3. I will def be getting mp5 gear as ele.

Quote Originally Posted by Kduruh
    Well this post was kind of already "closed" btw... if there's a diference in healing or elemental gear it depends on the ammount of spellpower, not one having mp5 and the other crit, crit will be as good as mp5 for mana regen, a combo of both should be ideal, and if you look closely at the elemental tree, what you actually need the most is spellpower, not necessarly crit which makes the idea of using crit gear for healing even stronger.

If you're a resto shaman planing on gearing up with mp5 only then you'll be a poor raid healer for sure.
    depends on fight tbh, CH doesnt work with imp WS (yet, hopefully) so u dont get anything from crit when u mostly raidheal only slightly better healing, on the other hand on fight where u wouldnt raidheal, crit will be prolly more usefull, thanks to thoe HW/LW crit talents

I already getting ready to replace my 2 yellow slots in my gear from spell haste to spell crit.

20 haste = nothing. 20 spell crit = something

I am sitting at 186 haste now, and that is more than enough. Especially come content patch. Totem changes will be ridiculous.
    Healing isn't something you can calculate. It's an art.