Is blacksmithing worth it?

For just a weapon? I plan on rolling a death knight...and I dont see how having a 2H (or duel wield) weapon plus 1 socket will help that much, when i can take engineering lets say and get a helm too....

How do the weapons pair up? I dont feel like getting burned like in tbc..

Re: Is blacksmithing worth it?

Just wait until the release?
    It's still being changed on a bi-weekly basis.

if your going to be a warrior, death knight or paladin.
    I would say yes BS is worth it wrath does have a very good amount of items and useful stuff for bs unlike in tbc/pre-tbc.

Im most likely going BS/Mining then later drop mining and do BS/Ench. since i have another toon that does mining.

First of all dont lvl BS to 375 now, because mats cost insane ammounts of gold. In addition these items wont even cover half of your expenses.
    IMO when LK will be launched there will be new ores so you will be able to lvl BS with new LK recpies which will be a lot cheaper. But that doeasnt change the fact that maxing BS will be still expensive.

On the other hand (now in BC) BS is not goldbringer prof. Mining yes, BS not.
    This wil lpropably change in LK - sockets

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...59901&sid=2000

WotLK recipes are starting at 350 skill. Don't waste your money going above 360 skill until the expansion. I think 350-360 was some sort of greater rune of warding for skill gains, so it's still cheaper.