Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Awesomex

Re: Enhancement PvE: How to spec at 70 with content patch?

Alright, I just gotta say. The one thing that I see missing alot, and I can understand if you are looking from a PvE standpoint, but how can you not take spectral transformation for PvP? I know it isn't so very amazing to be OP, but I can see it helping alot.

Enhancement PvE: How to spec at 70 with content patch?
    I'd go with http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=hV0hZhhxcoxdIekgzVo

As has been said, the extra 4-6% int from the last 2-3 points in Ancestral Knowledge aren't worth it

Static shock is about 3 PPM, thats terrible for its tier, considering even with SS up it'll hit for about 1 more swing of both weaps each min, and you'll be using earth shock/lightning anyway so you wont want it to take the charge

Feral Spirit should be fine with ret pallys priests and shammys around spamming AoE heals

I'm assuming the stat change will come before LK, the current rating system came before BC, and its not really possible to have the new crit/hit changes come with the expansion
    so that makes elemental devistation worth it, should give us atleast 25% crit on spells

Awesomex

My bad, understood haha.

Re: Enhancement PvE: How to spec at 70?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmrzlinar
    Elemental devastation is cool, but not that cool without Lava Burst.
    I would go smthing like this:
    http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...00000000000000
    enough of all these "Elemental devastation not good without Lava Burst" comments.
    in fact, Maelstrom weapon is not that cool without lava burst.
    you'll be running around with 25-30% spell crit because crit=spellcrit, it more than justifies elemental devestation,

now what is more dps
    -an instant 500 spelldmg lightning bolt once every 5 meelee crits
    or
    -a 30% chance to gain 9% meelee crit for 10 sec every time you shock (every 6 seconds)

not to mention you can have both if you drop static shields and the pvp talents (both ghostwolf talents)

You guys should really keep in mind that a 6% chance on hit + wasting mana on water shield will not be an increase in dps over spamming lightning bolt/chain lightning (and in expansion, Lave burst/flame shocks) with Maelstrom weapon.

It takes 5 crits to get an instant cast off.... average that with stormstrikes in maybe 5+ seconds? maybe less...

So thats one cast, where if you were specced for static shock... those 5 crits (not counting the others) is only a 34% chance to do damage with Lightning shield... big whoop.

Lightning bolt will hit for probably around 800-1200+ depending on spell power? (I never use lightning bolt on my enhance shaman currently so thats more of a guess...)

My final spec has Elemental Focus in it... if you are going to be using a flameshock, lava burst and lightning spell rotation it is going to be amazing, Also if you have to heal after a lava burst crit or just any spell crit... 40% healing reduction as well...

This is my final spec if any one cares... but i will post my 70 and 80 enhancement specs, Also... if you go elemental focus, the reason i do not have improved shields is because the water shield bonus is only on the Orbs not the Mana per Five, so it is too situational.

Level 70.

Level 80.

to help with the static shock vs maelstrom discussion

1500 AP = 450 dmg
    1800 AP = 540 dmg

Maelstrom
    Lightning bolt 79.4% coefficient, 70 dmg 563-643, average 603
    Chain lightning 71.43% coefficient, 70 dmg 734-838, average 786

1500 AP
    LB gains 357 spell dmg for an average of 960 damage, 1152 with SS
    CL gains 321 spell dmg for an average of 1107 damage, 1328 with SS

1800 AP
    LB gains 428 spell dmg for an average of 1031 damage, 1237 with SS
    CL gains 385 spell dmg for an average of 1171 damage, 1405 with SS

Static Shock
    For this I'm going to assume a 2.6 weapon with no haste for simplicity, so with flurry 100% uptime brings it down to a 2.0

Static shock has a 6% chance to consume a Lightning shield orb
    Lightning shield gains 100% (33% per charge) spell dmg coefficient

assuming you have a 100% hit rate (best possible RNG)
    you can swing 60 times a minute ((60 sec / 2 attack speed)*2 weapons)
    For simplicity I'll bring it up to 100 swings (1m 40s)

Lightning shield does 287 damage per orb at 70

1500 AP
    LS gains 150 spell damage doing 437 dmg, 524 with SS
    2622 damage per 100 swings, 3144 with SS
    26.22 DPS, 31.44 with SS

1800 AP
    LS gains 180 spell damage doing 467 dmg, 560 with SS
    2802 damage per 100 swings, 3360 with SS
    28.02 DPS, 33.6 with SS

I would add in DPS for Maelstrom but windfury + stormstrike are too hard to average for my bad maths :P

as a rough estimate, again assuming 100% hit, its about one CL/LB every 6 seconds, so 10 times a min, easy maths, I'll let you do that

hmm, i didnt read whole math, stopped at coeficients

aint true, that CL has only around 57% coef, due to being 2s base, and LB coef is gonna get nerfed to 71%, since ele got "scalling" talent, and it would be "vastly overpowered" if LB would keep its boosted coef on top of the talent?

Quote Originally Posted by tremulant
    you'll be running around with 25-30% spell crit because crit=spellcrit
    No, you won't!

What people don't understand that crit rate = spell crit and melee crit BUT a lot of crit is due to agility and that gives ONLY melee crit. So it will be something like 30% melee and 10-15% spellcrit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrim
    No, you won't!

What people don't understand that crit rate = spell crit and melee crit BUT a lot of crit is due to agility and that gives ONLY melee crit. So it will be something like 30% melee and 10-15% spellcrit.
    Thankyou.