Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Paladin Professions

I currently have enchanting(wanted the bonus heal to rings) and herbalism (easy to get consumables) and was wondering with new buffs to professions what people think would be good to have to support the class. Any spec is welcome but im more interested in holy or prot.

Re: Paladin Professions

well i have to say black smithing and engenering are looking very good for paladins in wrath. i already have a 375 miner so im making my pally a bs / eng... the fact that you dont have to replace your armor anymore to get the eng affect is grate and with the epics / gem sloths black smithers can do they just seem to go well together. youse the black smithing to grab the extra stats / armor to help gear up and use engenering to cover those paladin draw back and your set.

Yeah Blacksmithing seems like the best choice for all plate wearers since it will make all kinds of gear with easier to find recipes, meaning dps/tanking/ spell power armours, and the socket thing is indeed off the hook like Warcraft said.

Engineering will be making self enchants like http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Engi...cement_Recipes
    but aren't those things non-usable in the arena? Still very good for non-arena guys.

The thing we have to see is about inscription, paladins get some very cool glyphs, http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Inscription#tab=Paladin
    If there are are BoP glyphs i'll consider it instead of engineering.

Gief feedback!
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Quote Originally Posted by meliancill
    well i have to say black smithing and engenering are looking very good for paladins in wrath. i already have a 375 miner so im making my pally a bs / eng... the fact that you dont have to replace your armor anymore to get the eng affect is grate and with the epics / gem sloths black smithers can do they just seem to go well together. youse the black smithing to grab the extra stats / armor to help gear up and use engenering to cover those paladin draw back and your set.
    I'm BS/Eng myself, loving it. A bit worried that I won't be able to up my tradeskills as I level though, as I won't be mining. My miner character is actually my PvP alt, which will be at the bottom of my leveling queue ><

Really trying to figure this out.
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

For me, I'll have to see the full reciepe lists for each profession to make the final decision.

If Blizzard adds more enchanters only receipe, then I'll keep my enchanting. While, I still have an extra slot of profession, I might pick up inscription (depends if you will gain inscripters only receipe)

I'm a bit worried with Engineering enchantments replacing those enchanting ones. If they do, that will be terrible. If it doesn't, I'll pick up engineering.

I'll most likely stick to BS, drop mining and get inscription instead, that extra glyph might prove very useful

I'm thinking I'll keep my BS/Engineering, and make my other Paladin a BS/Inscriber, and then my other Paladin an Engineer/inscriber Spec 'em all ret too!

I'll probably keep my Prot Paladin BS/mining and make my Ret Paladin Engineering/BS and keep make my Holy Pally inscription/enchanting by dropping tailoring.

So there won't be BoP glyphs?

So i guess we have to wait until they are done wth profs entirely before we continue this topic and eventually choose.

At the moment the information about profs isnt complete. Of course its possible that no +stat ring enchant will exist but then again maybe it will appear.

also enchanting is expensive to get to 375 (385 for belfs) and dropping it to start something else seems like a lot of g wasted. Enchanting will always be useful. tbh I would wait till the expansion hits or we know more about it before jumping to conclusions.

For my Prot pally, Mining/Armorsmith!

Mining = 35stam (+10 spellpower if talented)
    Armorsmith = Socket to Belt, Socket to Bracer, Socket to Gloves, Possible socket to weapon (might be weaponsmith), Meta-socket to chest.

3-4 sockets for stam gems = 45-60 stam right at the start is using current gems, 90-120 if using new gems.

so a total of 125-155 extra stam (41-51 spellpower)

As for my druid, not sure what I'll pickup, prolly skinning and something. He's currently Herb/Alch, but they are nerfing alch alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal
    So there won't be BoP glyphs?
    They will probably not introduce "Bind on Pickup" Glyphs because having Inscription already grants you an additional Major Glyph slot.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Any paladin in their right mind should pick up mining and armoursmith professions, as paladins should always have the best materials to work with and craft the finest of armours!!!!

Romantics aside, the armoursmith profession is loooking brilliant. After the gruuling prequests to become an armoursmith compared to the ridiculous easy weaponsmith line, we armoursmiths should have decent rewards. I remember mining so much mithril, it was all I did for an evening.... mining lol(good thing I had nothing else to do that unfortunate night). Can't remeber how many bars I had to smelt but it was a good 400+ minimum, compared to the poultry amounts weaponsmiths had to use. Back before tbc was released it was incredibly hard to find a spot not taken by others. I only did it for the Breastplate of Kings...any true paladin, like Verigan's Fist, should have the fine craft. Now in the next coming expansion, my choice to be one is plain to see.

Can't complain about extra sockets for any of the talent trees. More gems = more stats and an extra meta slot...well that speaks for itself.

To all armoursmiths out there. "Courage, honour and above all Patience" :P (para phrased)

edited: emphasis on 'true paladin' :-)

Armoury Link

Nil desperandum! Always follow the Light

Usually though blacksmithing recipes found while raiding are incredibly rare, and often only just as good or just slightly better than their tier counterparts.

Professions like Enchanting or Inscription however never go out of fashion and will never be upgraded by an item / whatever found in raids.

So with keeping my eye on "the long run" I'm personally going Enchanting / Inscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Usually though blacksmithing recipes found while raiding are incredibly rare, and often only just as good or just slightly better than their tier counterparts.

Professions like Enchanting or Inscription however never go out of fashion and will never be upgraded by an item / whatever found in raids.

So with keeping my eye on "the long run" I'm personally going Enchanting / Inscription.
    "Professions like Enchanting or Inscription however never go out of fashion and will never be upgraded by an item / whatever found in raids."

:- With gem slots made by armoursmiths I doubt that will go out of fashion as there is no upgrades for it from raiding... with a change in gear comes the need for that slot once again. A sustained need for BS or armoursmiths.

"Usually though blacksmithing recipes found while raiding are incredibly rare, and often only just as good or just slightly better than their tier counterparts."

:- I have read from blue sources that they will make most recipes easier to obtain and more useful for crafting. The scope of gear that can be crafted is epic. Even after a while when people have done a few raids and outdate the crafted gear, there are always people respeccing, needing another set of gear etc... and not everyone has the time nor will to raid constantly to get offspec gear (if needed). Crafted gear in wotlk IMO seems to be a solid, good market for those that craft them.

Still inscription looks to be the new alchemist/herb money maker.. we always will need them.

Armoury Link

Quote Originally Posted by naypalmacus
    With gem slots made by armoursmiths I doubt that will go out of fashion as there is no upgrades for it from raiding... with a change in gear comes the need for that slot once again. A sustained need for BS or armoursmiths.
    But there is no information at the moment telling us if the ability to add sockets is a "Blacksmith only" feat, or if can the Blacksmiths add sockets to the gear of other people aswell.

If the latter happens, Blacksmithing will be less appealing.

I have read from blue sources that they will make most recipes easier to obtain and more useful for crafting. The scope of gear that can be crafted is epic. Even after a while when people have done a few raids and outdate the crafted gear, there are always people respeccing, needing another set of gear etc... and not everyone has the time nor will to raid constantly to get offspec gear (if needed). Crafted gear in wotlk IMO seems to be a solid, good market for those that craft them.
    I have read the same, but then again I did read the same before TBC came out aswell.

But there is no information at the moment telling us if the ability to add sockets is a "Blacksmith only" feat, or if can the Blacksmiths add sockets to the gear of other people aswell.

If the latter happens, Blacksmithing will be less appealing.

I have read the same, but then again I did read the same before TBC came out aswell.
    I hope you meant former. If the latter were to be, that would make BS very appealing.

True there is no solid information that it will be for the masses, yet there is none against that either. Still, common sense would make it for the masses. Why have a profession that for only ones self to have an extra 4 gem slots or one being a meta slot(poss)...that would mean most will go for BS profession. I say it will be otherwise its rather narrowminded to force people go down a profession for extra gem slots that can add ALOT to ones character. Its not like a boost with enchanting with the rings or those self only items or enchantments.. its a lot more!

The 'crafter only' part of it from what I've seen would be the meta gem slot. Otherwise Rawberry, it makes absolute no sense to me to have it in the game just for the crafter.

Though when do Blizzard ever give BS useful crafts to ALL classes and specs... or have common sense for that matter.

Armoury Link

WOW very nicely thought out and i was gonna go this route as well. \
    But my only concern is new blacksmithing. socket to belt?? meta gem slot to armour? which of these is a blacksmithing only thing.
    Because my idea is going enchant/inscription for one of my professions and blacksmithing in the other, specially so i can get another meta slot to keep on stacking my stun reduction length.

But this all depends on what those blacksmithing things i mentioned above are gonna be boe/bop(bs only)
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

Jewelcrafter / Alchemist + Miner / Herbalist, for the epic gems / healing trinket.