Suggestions on fixing Enh Build

I would like it if people would just suggest some ideas on how to improve enhance talents, no hating or riping on peoples ideas please.

Here is just some ideas i thought woul be helpful, also if any beta shamans like any ideas please subbmit it on the beta suggestions.

Earth's Grasp - also makes the earthbind totem have a 20% chance to entrap the target from moving for 2 sec.

Shamanistic Focus - all shocks have a flat out 60% reduced mana cost on shocks
    (Blizz already stated that they wanted to do something like this).

Anticipation - (rank 0/3) increases your chance to dodge by an additional 2/4/6% and reduces the duration of stuns by 10/20/30%.

Mental Dexterity - (combine MD and MQ and place them where MQ is, rank 0/3) increases your attack power by 33/66/100% of your intellect and increases your spell power by an amount equal to 10/20/30% of your attack power.

Shamanistic Rage - reduces all damage taken by 35% and can be used while stunned (it still has the mana regen part but just wanted to increase the dmg reduction scine ele can have ele shields and astral on at the same time making physical dmg reduced by 36%, not sure if there is a hidden CD on astral shift).

Improved Stormstrike - (I saw someone else post this idea) also add a 15% reduced healing effect for SS.

Spectral Transformation - (rank 0/2) you have a 50/100% chance to remove all impairing effects when you transform into a GW and gives you 50/100% more armor in GW (make feral spirits trainable as it doesnt seem like a final point talent).

Shamanistic Wind (just a name) - (our final end talent instead of feral spirit) turns all WF procs into nature dmg and increases healing done to the shaman by 50%. Lasts 15 sec, 3min CD.

If you dont like any of these ideas then dont flame or criticize them, just post your own ideas, ty.

Re: Suggestions on fixing Enh Build

Ven don't get me for this!

I know this isn't exactly what the OP was asking but I wanted to point out a few things to maybe help his thinking and others who read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zattan

Earth's Grasp - also makes the earthbind totem have a 20% chance to entrap the target from moving for 2 sec.
    Would be nice but could result in a longer CD on EB to help balance it with other similar effects (i.e. Surv. Hunters Entrapment)

Shamanistic Focus - all shocks have a flat out 60% reduced mana cost on shocks
    (Blizz already stated that they wanted to do something like this).
    I have a thread about this and how it could cause problems due to it's tree placement and ELemental getting more dmg/mana than Blizzard would like.

Anticipation - (rank 0/3) increases your chance to dodge by an additional 2/4/6% and reduces the duration of stuns by 10/20/30%.
    Stun duration would be awesome but according to Koraa's post they are adding disarm reduction to it instead. Look up the rogue ability "Dismantle" to see why disarm reduction will be important.

Mental Dexterity - (combine MD and MQ and place them where MQ is, rank 0/3) increases your attack power by 33/66/100% of your intellect and increases your spell power by an amount equal to 10/20/30% of your attack power.
    Would be an awesome change and will help free up space at the top to take advantage of improved shields or others.

Shamanistic Rage - reduces all damage taken by 35% and can be used while stunned (it still has the mana regen part but just wanted to increase the dmg reduction scine ele can have ele shields and astral on at the same time making physical dmg reduced by 36%, not sure if there is a hidden CD on astral shift).
    Imo it should be changed to a BW type ability and have less damage reduction or none at all but make us "unstoppable" for 15 secs while retaining the mana regen and usable during stun/fear/poly/anything.

Hidden CD on Astral Shift is something I am interested in finding out as well, though I doubt if it does have one that it will be anything longer than 2-3 secs...which is enough to keep it up through stunlock/fear spam.

Improved Stormstrike - (I saw someone else post this idea) also add a 15% reduced healing effect for SS.
    Would be nice but Stormstrike is already very powerful and I guess Blizzard didn't want to give us a MS effect or we'd all have daggers with flametongue on them by now.

Spectral Transformation - (rank 0/2) you have a 50/100% chance to remove all impairing effects when you transform into a GW and gives you 50/100% more armor in GW (make feral spirits trainable as it doesnt seem like a final point talent).
    But who is gonna stay in GW long enough to benefit from the increased armor?

Shamanistic Wind (just a name) - (our final end talent instead of feral spirit) turns all WF procs into nature dmg and increases healing done to the shaman by 50%. Lasts 15 sec, 3min CD.
    WF dmg being physical is a god send. Changing it to nature would result in alot of problems in PvE (air elementals anyone?) and decreased damage in PvP against nature resist type opponents (locks especially). It would bypass armor making it more powerful in most situations and probably a little too powerful.

If you dont like any of these ideas then dont flame or criticize them, just post your own ideas, ty.
    I'm sorry! I really do like all of your ideas and would love to see them implemented but they had some flaws.

I personally believe Lightning Lash would benefit us more than anything else at this point in time (see my Thoughts about Spirit Wolves so far...thread)

The best way to get ideas implemented is to have them criticized,worked on as a community. You have some good ideas, particularly rolling together Mental Dexterity and Mental Quickness. I hate how many points we have to eat up to use hunter gear.

One change I think would be better than Shamanistic Wind would be to just make Maelstrom Weapon our 51 pointer, and work with it to make it a little more consistent, such as only requiring 4 or 3 crits instead of 5. After all, points 1-4 of Maelstrom right now are an utter waste as it stands. It doesn't even reduce heal casting anymore, which would be the only sue from a semi-stack of Maelstrom. At 1-4 points, your DPS will always go down from losing the autoattack timers.

I have read about that Lightning Lash idea and i would agree that it would be befitting of an end point talent.

Also since it was called spectral transformation i thought I'd add something along the line with GW and seeing how an increase in armor would only be situational use.

Was also wondering if by putting the 2 points into earth's grasp take off .5/1 sec off of tremor totem pulse. making it pulse every 2 sec instead of 3.

I did see that they wanted to add disarm reduction cause of rogues but the added stun reduction would be nice aswell.

But for the addition of maelstrom weapon we could add something like 2 or 3 charges but on a CD for each charge.

i would like to see wolves become a second 41 pointer and maelstrom weapon be converted into a single 51 pointer. have no clue what the new 5 point 45'er would be, maybe bring back in the old weapon specialization or soemthing (liek axes - chance on crit to increase critical dmg by X amount for Y duration, fists - chance on hit to increase armor ignore by X amount for Y duration, Maces - X chance on hit to stun for Y duration/ X chance on hit for a Y haste increase for Z duration).

as for all the proccs i don't know if i like them or not, they do make the class have that anticipating edge (i.e will i suddenly die to a flurry of graphics or will i giggle as i get tickled by auto attacks) but also they do make things so random that ur not always in control as much as other classes. shamanistic focus isn't really a problem tho, crits are high enough that ur pretty much critting with DW every shock cooldown (or i am at leats) and its at a point where it will be too big of a boost to ele shams imo.

Personally I would like static shock to unload all the Lightinging shield charges on someone who stun, or fears us.

That will make that rogue think twice about #@#$ing with an enchant shaman

Quote Originally Posted by sahria
    i would like to see wolves become a second 41 pointer and maelstrom weapon be converted into a single 51 pointer. have no clue what the new 5 point 45'er would be, maybe bring back in the old weapon specialization or soemthing (liek axes - chance on crit to increase critical dmg by X amount for Y duration, fists - chance on hit to increase armor ignore by X amount for Y duration, Maces - X chance on hit to stun for Y duration/ X chance on hit for a Y haste increase for Z duration).

as for all the proccs i don't know if i like them or not, they do make the class have that anticipating edge (i.e will i suddenly die to a flurry of graphics or will i giggle as i get tickled by auto attacks) but also they do make things so random that ur not always in control as much as other classes. shamanistic focus isn't really a problem tho, crits are high enough that ur pretty much critting with DW every shock cooldown (or i am at leats) and its at a point where it will be too big of a boost to ele shams imo.
    Old wep spec made all critical hits with axes do 25% more dmg...flat. I am pretty sure that's why it was removed, we were doing way to much damage. Or they thought Mael would be more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by boomninja
    Personally I would like static shock to unload all the Lightinging shield charges on someone who stun, or fears us.

That will make that rogue think twice about #@#$ing with an enchant shaman
    Saw your thread about this and although it sounds fun....I don't think it will ever be implemented...it's much too powerful.

I recently found about making up your own talent tree website, so I put one together just to show how I would like blizz to set up our enhance tree.

Note: I only added the enhance tree and a small bit for ele since we will be specing that instead of resto, and i did change some of the info on the item but they can also be changed back to the way they originally were.

http://www.war-tools.com/t57989.html

I really would like to see people comment on this.

haha. Suggestions for SHAMAN in general.

Ya know, if Bloodlust was a talent, shaman would probably already have another melee attack. maybe on a 20 second cooldown. And SS would be increased to a 12 second cooldown? *nudge nudge* huh huh?

Do not underestimate us.

Awesomex

Quote Originally Posted by LTCrystallite
    haha. Suggestions for SHAMAN in general.

Ya know, if Bloodlust was a talent, shaman would probably already have another melee attack. maybe on a 20 second cooldown. And SS would be increased to a 12 second cooldown? *nudge nudge* huh huh?

You know, I'd like that... So atleast on my enh I can stop just hitting two buttons, SS and ES. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomex
    You know, I'd like that... So atleast on my enh I can stop just hitting two buttons, SS and ES. LOL!
    my point. ^^;;
    Do not underestimate us.

They should condense talents. The Mental Dexterity/Mental Quickness one is a great idea.

they are planing to do so, saw it on blue about week ago(if it wasnt just a dream :P )

I don't know what all the flame about spirit wolves is....i think it's pretty decent....though, i am a pvper so...i guess i see the pveers problem

I'll start off with the first post.

Earth's Grasp: As the second poster said, it'd require nerfs in other areas.

Shamanistic Focus: I personally think the proc is fine, but Blizzard stated that they are planning to change this talent to make it so it doesn't rely on procs. If I recall correctly, I thought they said a cooldown reduction. I'd like to see what they plan to do with it, then give an opinion on that.

Anticipation: Way too high for the stun duration. Maybe 3/6/9 at most, but more likely 2/4/6 if at all.

Mental Dexterity: Kinda awkward to give all those bonuses by a single talent, isn't it? Your AP is buffed by your Int, and your Spell Power is buffed by your AP. I can understand the reason to help with bloating, but it seems kinda awkward.

Shamanistic Rage: The only change this spell needs is to have the mana returns be on each successful swing, instead of a chance. The damage reduction is great. The fact that it is physical is great. The fact that it is NOT an Enrage like BW means it can't be dispelled like other enrage effects via hunters and other abilities. But there are times when you get mana back with each hit, or get mana back with two hits throughout the entire 15 second duration. A guaranteed return with each hit would be far more desirable over making it a dispellable buff again.

Improved Stormstrike: Leave it as it is. It's fine. Shamans do not need MS. We have Earth Shock and now Wind Shock. And with Purge, we'll be fine against healers. Plus we're a dual wielding class. We dish out a lot of DPS, so we'll not fall into the Fury Warrior syndrome where we're not useful if a healer is involved.

Spectral Transformation: Fine as is, though should be accessable to other specs in my opinion. Keep the Spirit Wolves buff.

Shamanstic Wind: So many things wrong with this... I'd much rather have Wind Walking.

Now on to my ideas and opinions!

Maelstrom Weapon: This talent really is a waste of four points. Instead, someone should suggest making this our 51 point talent with it's stats as it is at 5/5.

Feral Spirit: Make this a three point talent, just like in WarCraft 3. One talent, they're 1/3rd as useful as they are now, but still useful. Two talent points, and they're 2/3rds useful as they are now, and get slightly bigger. All three talent points, and they're as they are currently. Just like how they'd get larger and more menacing with each level you'd gain with the Farseer. And here you'd see more Enhancement Shamans using various levels of them.

As for the 5 points right before the hopeful new 51 point Maelstrom Weapon. I do believe we should get that Weapon Spec talent back. Give us a reason to use Axes, Fist Weapons and Maces. But no stun! They just removed that from Warriors and Rogues. Much rather have the 5% crit from axes, a haste bonus from Fist weapons, and an armor ignore from maces.

Also: Shamans need a new melee ability. What it is, I dunno. A new instant attack that's actually trainable? Who knows. I just know a new ability for our melee aspect would be very welcome. Feels kinda weak having a single melee ability be our only means of physical DPS sans RNG Windfury procs. Hell, perhaps even thinking up an ability good enough to replace Improved Stormstrike would be great, since it feels kinda sub-par. A lot of Shamans to my knowledge use Flame Shock in their rotations and not Earth Shock, so we don't really need those two extra charges, but the cooldown reduction is nice. Of course, I could be wrong, but our melee ability feels lacking.
    "The stats don't show a lack of popularity for shaman, they just show a ridiculous popularity for other classes." - Tharfor - Euro CM