Poll: you read the title didnt you. Also for ones without spesific spec its just in general and I will fi

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

who would be a good partner for Ret in arena teams

Ok you get 3 votes one for each bracket. Some specs I will only take in certain brackets

Re: who would be a good partner for Ret in arena teams

I made my choices with 3v3 in mind.

MS Warrior
    Restokin

I'm actually a huge fan of Restokins; while they may lack the survivability of full resto druids, utilizing their high DPS often is enough to burn down a player quickly. Couple this with MS and average CC capabilities, it's a good group.

Also, with the changes to spell power, Restokins will be able to do even more damage with the same amount of healing.

Depends what bracket really..

2v2 : a deathknight looks good (even though their opposites by nature). Their abilities often enough mask over some of the paladins weaknesses. Magic attacks and kiting.

3v3 : Disc priest + warr (fury likely atm)

A solid healer and another burst dps will be nice in this bracket. Change the warr to an appropiate burst dps class. Most likely a rogue. Depends.

5v5: Sadly never done.

Armoury Link

Nil desperandum! Always follow the Light

Ok so I've never gone past 1800s but the only 2s setup I've ever seen come close to working with a ret was mage. Mage helps with the ret's lack of interrupts with CS, ret's lack of snares with his own, ret's lack of intercept with frostnovas and snares, and above all brings the burst so they can end the match quick (since oom ret = lose)

i wouldnt play with one to be honest if you realized how hutner got op

Hunters can potentially be very good, but gl finding a decent one amongst all the terribad legolas wannabes.

Shaman! heroism, totems, and instant cast spell.
    This user has been banned.

Seen a couple videos of Ret/Rogue above 2000.

Answer:
    No one!! Who would wanna team with a lolretadin!?! >

Ehh, I'm kidding... I'm not entirely sure about pally teams?
    2v2 you should prolly just get a Restokin...
    3v3 resto druid and... a mage ..maybe possibly?
    5v5 there's tons of options.
    That is all.

Without a doubt, Ret/Rogue and Ret/Mage are your best bets for 2v2. Ret/Hunter is viable.

For 3v3
    Resto Shaman/War/Ret
    Resto Druid/War/Ret
    Resto Druid/Rogue/Ret

5s are a lot more open.

It's a workable team, but I don't think it's competitive.

EDIT: The poll is retarded. It's drastically different comps in different brackets.

The new and improved enhancement shaman will be a great partner.
    The shaman brings an interrupt, the paladin has none so it makes up for his weakness.
    The shaman brings a CC, the paladin also has 2 CC, Repentance and Hammer of justice, will be great for chain CC.
    The shaman has purge, the paladin has cleanse, great to keep the hots and beneficial spells of a target and cleanse is great for keeping debuffs of the shaman and paladin.
    The shaman has a slowing effect, paladins have judgment of justice, no healer will ever get away from that.
    The shaman has ghost wolf to get out of snares and the paladin can then keep BoF for himself.
    The paladin can keep the mana of the shaman up with judgment of the wise and can provide some nice and steady healing with divine storm.
    Finally the team has great burst with WF, BL and their natural burst capabilities.

At least theoretically there is nothing that this setup couldn't go against, nothing can kite the shaman+paladin, healers would have a hard time against the shaman's interrupt+ the paladin and shaman's burst, purge would work great against druids too, judgment of justice+ earthbind totem and frost shock would make it next to impossible to escape, finally hammer of justice+hex+ repentance and then hammer of justice again (with talents) would provide a significant CC time, the paladins heal would keep both up.

With the changes to holy shock and the instant cast holy lights from shock crits im thinking holy pally is gonna be the arena healer of choice from now on, i mean the reason we were bad before was because we were so easy to lock down and keep from healing, lol 3.75 cast time on a holy light after 3 fears and a fel hunter silence, or a rogue stunlock and kick.

But yeah, if judgements of the wise stay the same as it is right now, you can pair a ret pally with any hybrid caster/healer and instead of using MS to drop your enemies mana faster you use judgements of the wise to supply your partner with enough mana to heal and so some crazy dps, which will really pressure those healer and warrior/lock teams of old. And as for facing two pure dps, lol hand of freedom with art of war, hand of protection and just eat their dps while sitting in your little bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Varius
    With the changes to holy shock and the instant cast holy lights from shock crits im thinking holy pally is gonna be the arena healer of choice from now on, i mean the reason we were bad before was because we were so easy to lock down and keep from healing, lol 3.75 cast time on a holy light after 3 fears and a fel hunter silence, or a rogue stunlock and kick.

But yeah, if judgements of the wise stay the same as it is right now, you can pair a ret pally with any hybrid caster/healer and instead of using MS to drop your enemies mana faster you use judgements of the wise to supply your partner with enough mana to heal and so some crazy dps, which will really pressure those healer and warrior/lock teams of old. And as for facing two pure dps, lol hand of freedom with art of war, hand of protection and just eat their dps while sitting in your little bubbles.
    I expect Shockadins to be very similar to Restokins; we can heal very well, but can also layith the smackith down. Also, being a highly defensive class to begin with, Shockadins will have a very high survivability, too.

We are play Testing the Blood DK + Ret Pally Combo. it is really nice so far as we can play with healers and we have small healing capabilities. 14-3 so far lost to SL/SL lock and Resto Drood, but We both think we have that fixed.