Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Judgement of the Wise changed to a "buff"

if you look at it. any class that has the ability to regen mana has this affect. it says no were that they are re-working judgment of the wise. just that any mana reterning affect alsow affects 10 raid members with a static mana regen as well.

i dont see why everyone is geting so upset - untill i see in the paladin changes that judgment of the wise ITSELF has ben changed im going to say that judgment of the wise will stay the same it will just have the ADDED affect of giving .5% total mana to 10 raid members every second for 10 seconds. they are not taking away the shaddow priests mana spells so i dont see why they would take judgment of the wise away.

Quote Originally Posted by milkshake619
    warhammer.

punched.
    One tiny little drop gone from the ocean.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by meliancill
    if you look at it. any class that has the ability to regen mana has this affect. it says no were that they are re-working judgment of the wise. just that any mana reterning affect alsow affects 10 raid members with a static mana regen as well.

i dont see why everyone is geting so upset - untill i see in the paladin changes that judgment of the wise ITSELF has ben changed im going to say that judgment of the wise will stay the same it will just have the ADDED affect of giving .5% total mana to 10 raid members every second for 10 seconds. they are not taking away the shaddow priests mana spells so i dont see why they would take judgment of the wise away.
    Quote from the Blue:

"Below you will find a list of the changes to abilities which exhibit new behavior regardless of the exclusive categories. The changes usually mean the old behavior was removed and replaced by the new behavior. Numbers listed are for maximally-talented versions. Here is that list of changes:"
    "Judgements of the Wise: Grants Replenishment mana regeneration buff to up to 10 raid members on Judging. "

/crosses fingers

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    One tiny little drop gone from the ocean.
    but if it's what i have to do, fine. and i probably wont be the only one. :-\

i dont see why they would need to do this. changing it in that way would make judgment of the wise not worth 3 points and probably make me re-roll dk since paladins will still be the same as they are now.

new dk on his way to imortality

Quote Originally Posted by meliancill
    i dont see why they would need to do this. changing it in that way would make judgment of the wise not worth 3 points and probably make me re-roll dk since paladins will still be the same as they are now.

new dk on his way to imortality
    affirmative.

If it stacks up it's not too bad, then it'd depend on the duration.

if it's for 10 people and you're palying solo it'd be 5% every second if it stacks.. I'd say. if it'd actually last 10 seconds that'd be 50% of your mana... which in return would sound quite insane.
    So I guess it can go either way.

yes but from what i am reading now though it dosnt stack and not only dose it not stack but the paladin wont get it if he isnt one of those 10 with the lowest mana. so atm it just replenishes the buff if you get it twice.

regaurdless of what happens i will be patient and see how it pans out like i said b4.
    BUT!! history has a way of repeating itself and thats what angers me. I somewhat feel that if all paladins just sit back without throwing a single bitch-fest, blizzard wouldnt even bother with any changes at all.
    Xphius 80 Paladin
    Xanxic 80 Druid
    Xzain 80 DeathKnight
    Karvex 80 Hunter

im going to keep playing my paladin up untill the 3.0 contant patch release. IF they change JotW in this way im going to stop and start farming gold. when wrath comes out i will see if it was fixed. if it was not fixed i will mail all the gold to my new dk and start from there. so ultimently if they dont fix it there will be 1 less paladin that has the kings buff /cry... but if bliz is going to shoot us to another 2 years of trash then fine they can but i wont be put down like that agen... so if it stays the way it is i WILL make a new death knight come wrath

When I first saw the front page with the list of buffs and debuffs and saw paladins get replenishment I though, "Fantastic even more utility!", but when I realized that our personal mana regen was blown away I wasn't as eager for it any more.
    I'd give up replenishment to have the old judgment of the wise, hell retribution paladins already have enough utility with 3% crit, 2% damage and 3% haste raid wide+ JoW mana return and DS healing, but if our currently strongest mana regen has to get hit so hard then I say to hell with the raid wide buff just give the old judgment of the wise and let hunters and priests have their glory, you almost always bring a hunter to the raid any way for MD.

I really, really hope Blizz takes a second look into this, cause as it stands to do a full rotation with all the new abilities we have would mean ret paladins go OOM even faster then before.

Quote Originally Posted by milkshake619
    warhammer.

punched.
    Your kind is absolutely hilarious. Same strand that left when AoC released, and came back with their head down not even a month later.

Now, moving to the changes: Looks a bit grim if they want to give that kind of increase, as in percentual to mana pool, because its going to be nigh insignificant for us. I doubt it though, I think it is just the raid component that is getting changed, but the actual boost of mana for the Paladin from the judgements will remain the same. In all fairness it was too much mana we were giving back to a good few people from the raid.
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcraft
    This is what's going to happen... They are going to change Judgements of the Wise to replenish the raid's mana and give the Paladin mana back like it did before. But it won't be the same amount as it game you before. They're going to use this as one of those "balance tweaks." Mark my words.
    This can be both good and bad - in the sense that mana returns were a bit streaky. Sometimes you had a crappy judgement when you needed a lot of mana, or the other way around. Also made Fanaticism precious for both PvE and PvP, which means that it makes it really hard to pick the right talents to get to the new and improved Imp. HoJ

Wait and see kinda thing, I guess?
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

There is no curse in Evlish, Entish, or the tongues of men to repay this Treachery!

A developer should know better!

Even with all the posts-against made so far, i feel like it has been pretty restrained, for the most part. On paper, it seems like a great idea to give one of the most unwanted class/specs in the game a raid utility feature. Still i can't help but worry that they care little for maintaining our ability to sustain dps in pvp or normal pve.

I'll cross my fingers, but i won't hold my breathe.

Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc I am overpowered...

Quote Originally Posted by Admuntour
    When I first saw the front page with the list of buffs and debuffs and saw paladins get replenishment I though, "Fantastic even more utility!", but when I realized that our personal mana regen was blown away I wasn't as eager for it any more.
    It actually works out to slightly less mana than Sanctified Judgements but over 8 seconds.

Anyone considered that maybe just maybe they will keep the 60% of judgement damage to mana to the paladin itself while the mana to others will be that "buff"?

Well i have a suggestion for a new talent to help the retribution paladin to not go oom...

"Mana Battery In The A**":
    Regenerates 10% of the paladins mana every second.

what about that, ha?

for pvp its hardly needed for replenishment tbh
    its not that fights take over 10 min fighting

its kill or be killed in the next min longer = dead meat anyway

it can only be better with the revamp than its now, and i still think retri palas with the correct set up can do very well 5k-6k mana pool is enough to kill people

as a matter in raids i rather have this than based on damage

i think its fine

Quote Originally Posted by Crow
    Anyone considered that maybe just maybe they will keep the 60% of judgement damage to mana to the paladin itself while the mana to others will be that "buff"?
    Yep:

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLWaffles
    I think it is just the raid component that is getting changed, but the actual boost of mana for the Paladin from the judgements will remain the same. In all fairness it was too much mana we were giving back to a good few people from the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Val3rim
    for pvp its hardly needed for replenishment tbh
    its not that fights take over 10 min fighting

its kill or be killed in the next min longer = dead meat anyway

it can only be better with the revamp than its now, and i still think retri palas with the correct set up can do very well 5k-6k mana pool is enough to kill people

as a matter in raids i rather have this than based on damage

i think its fine

Seems like you never played arena..?

The replenishment is greatly needed for retpaladins all from PvP to PvE.