Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

New raid stacking and shadowpriest as a part of it...

About the latest post about raidstacking and shadowpriests.

-Shadow Weaving: Buffs only self.
    -Misery: Causes spells cast at the target to have +3% spell hit.
    -Vampiric Touch: Grants Replenishment mana regeneration buff to up to 10 raid members on dealing damage.

ok...

now check changes for other classes.

oomkin

-Improved Moonkin Aura: Grants 3% haste of all types.
    -Earth and Moon: Increases spell damage taken from all schools by 13% on the target.
    -Improved Faerie Fire: No longer benefits melee and ranged hit chance, only spell hit.

warlock

-Improved Shadow Bolt: Buffs only self.

-----------------------

# Vampiric Touch: Grants Replenishment mana regeneration buff to up to 10 raid members on dealing damage.
    # Hunting Party: Grants Replenishment mana regeneration buff to up to 10 raid members on specified shots.
    # Judgements of the Wise: Grants Replenishment mana regeneration buff to up to 10 raid members on Judging.

So thats it. We regen same amount mana as survival hunter or retardin. Also we are pretty much in pair with utility with oomkin. Then again we lost the only buff that really made difference in raiding dmg wise imp shadowbolt.

I really dont like the direction they are going with this raid stacking. Every serious guild is gonna get their cookiecutter setup and it`s very unlikely shadowpriest is going to make it in unless they give us some super magical dmg boost to our personal dps to compete with others.

Edit. Unless vt effect on dealing damage create stacking mana replenish buff which i think is very unlikely.

Re: New raid stacking and shadowpriest as a part of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo

I really dont like the direction they are going with this raid stacking. Every serious guild is gonna get their cookiecutter setup and it`s very unlikely shadowpriest is going to make it in unless they give us some super magical dmg boost to our personal dps to compete with others.
    This is the problem affliction locks will face too, since Earth and Moon> malediction. I am very hopeful that this won't go live.
    This user has been banned.

It`s on pair with malediction but i figure we wont be seeing aff locks around when they made shadoweaving selfbuff as well... there goes our raid synergy.

Hmmm
    Unless they give Sp a HUGE damage boost we are kinda screwed

I know I know its still beta...blah blah blah

but I'm having a hard time beleiving blizz will buff SP enough

They said sp changes were coming but this just blows. Wtf blizzard seriously!

Don't worry about providing feedback and thoughts on things just because it's still beta. The only people who speak out about that are the folks who get something absurdly overpowered on their class, and are such cocksucking retards that they think Blizzard won't notice if they scream at people who try to offer feedback about it "permanent 30% crit on instants is balanced! troll somewhere else! "insta-gibbing someone is balanced! TROLL!! TROLL!!! *eyes well up with tears*"

The point of a fucking non-internal beta is to discuss, and offer hopes and reservations about things.

And yes, this sucks shit, and as it stands I currently don't want to play either of my two favorite classes in WOTLK. The homogenization is just too rampant, it's killing the fun little lego effects I had pairing up with my SO's characters.

Raid stacking sucks, but so does anti-stacking to this degree. When you have to shit on a class just because you already have a class that for some arbitrary reason possess all of their raid buffs, that sucks too.

I also don't like being basically told to fuck off if people wanted to take more than one of something to a raid. Maybe that's what is in your roster, maybe that's what you can get. A diminished effect or spec seperation (LOL TOO MUCH WORK) within trees would be nice than removing all effect of a classes utility or slamming their shit on giant cooldowns or debuffs.

Looks to me Blizzard is just telling raid guilds "You can take the competant player of class Y instead of the jackass of class X now that class X isn't the only class that can provide buff Z."
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

If this goes trought it`s really "pure dps" classes game. take enchancement shaman feral druid as a tank, maybe spice it up with one retri paladin and few healers and vòila, just add rogues and hunters and you got best possible dps setup with all the utility you can possibly need...

Posting the same thing in multiple threads makes sense somehow Karpalo? Go back to failing on live, please.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

There are ways of raid balancing, and discouraging stacking than flat out saying to take a hike. Most of these buff changes are really arbitrary in how and who it punishes as well. It's homogenization through utter laze.

Raiding is never going to cease to be min/max, all it will do is skimp on a different set of people.

I don't really have problems with variety changing, as far as I'm concerned the game would be better if there were no factions so I wasn't limited to playing with half of my server, or far fewer restrictions on race/class combination since obviously they have no problem completely fucking ruining their own lore. (for example, my significant other wants a Gnome Priest)

Shit like Paladin > Horde/Shaman > Alliance, that's no issue to me (even though it was also out of laze in terms of balancing the classes and what they offer to a raid). But when you screw with abilities, ruin arbitrary specs from stacking together, fuck up duos because you can't lift your finger to balance a raid, etc.

That does bug me. It's not doom and gloom, I'm sure I'll still play, and it won't be too bad once it's all polished up, but the nature of it is really a bad road to go down just to save some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Looks to me Blizzard is just telling raid guilds "You can take the competant player of class Y instead of the jackass of class X now that class X isn't the only class that can provide buff Z."
    What part of "cookiecutter" dont you understand?

Nogi

"Below you will find a list of the changes to abilities which exhibit new behavior regardless of the exclusive categories. The changes usually mean the old behavior was removed and replaced by the new behavior."

weird - i see comparing to hunter and retri, yet VT no comment about the fact that VT will become
    "Vampiric Touch: Grants Replenishment mana regeneration buff to up to 10 raid members on dealing damage."
    instead of:
    "Causes all party members to gain mana equal to 2% of any Shadow spell damage you deal."

Donno if i were a shadow priest, and one of the only reason atm for a shadowpriest to get a spot per raid is the mana he returns, and not his dmg, i would be concerend: the only thing you did in a end-game encounter was to give back mana to your group - now you give and effect that even a resto druid gives with his rejub.

I guess more CAKE time!

oomkin
    The fact that Moonkins usually have to Innervate the spriests makes this incredibly ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleFolklore
    The fact that Moonkins usually have to Innervate the spriests makes this incredibly ironic.
    Wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    Wut?
    Moonkins can chain destro pots and not run out of mana.
    The term "oomkin" is so pre-TBC

Shadowpriest
    Misery: Causes spells cast at the target to have +3% spell hit. (nerfed from +5% spell dmg on target)

Boomkin
    IMP FF: Causes spells cast at the target to have +3% spell hit.
    Earth and Moon: Increases spell damage taken from all schools by 13% on the target.

They gave boomkins what the shadowpriests needed for a raid spot and buffed it.
    They gave HIGHER DPS/MORE RAID BUFFING classes (hunter & retadin) our mana battery effect.
    They nerfed shadow weaving to buff only the shadowpriest himself.

Shadowpriests are now pvp only.

Serious facepalmage on Blizzards behalf... They said they were looking into shadowpriests. I didn't think it was to make shadowpriests totally useless, but hey it's Blizzard...

Quote Originally Posted by PaleFolklore
    Moonkins can chain destro pots and not run out of mana.
    The term "oomkin" is so pre-TBC
    well, if we can call ret paladins retardins, hunters huntards and mage watermachines why can't we then call those pesky owls oomkins? ??? :-[

OT
    i think blizzard knows wtf they are doing and as boubouille posted on the main side,
    We want players to be able to form raids and parties based on who they want to play with, rather than who has the correct talents and abilities to min-max their raid performance.
    so in this way it's more sustainable/secure way for the healers to get mana back if there is a shadow fissure/burst damage/any other reason a priest
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

Trust me with this one. This change will only mage it worse really. Now you will lose your spot in raid cause there is class who brought the debuff already but also beats you badly on dmg meter.

But who will provide my snacks?!