am I the only one who noticed this about imp ret aura

Swift Retribution gives melee, ranged, and spell haste.....

Wait a second wasnt there some very large theory crafting behind SoC and how it was better with slower weapons. Doseant that make haste you know a bad thing.

If someone can explain this to me please do but for now swift Retribution actually sounds like something to decrease our DPS.

If someone can clear this up it would be great.

Re: am I the only one who noticed this about imp ret aura

1- Haste does NOT equate to less DPS. Most damage comes from white swings, the faster you swing the more DPS.

2- Seal of Blood is available to all Paladins now, effect has 100% chance of happening, hence attacking faster IS good.

3- Haste does not affect procs negatively. You'll get the same amount of procs per minute, you'll be just swinging more often and therefore less swings will have a proc, giving this illusion.

So, that's it.
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

SOC is better with slower weapons because they have a higher base damage (not dps but base) Speeding up your weapon swing through haste doesn't harm your SOC just increases it's proc rate. Haste is good.

Well, right now for pallys SoC is better with slower weapons becose it proc more often, but its not by much, so dont worry about it.

I dont know how much will be this proc rate, but you can also improve that with the new profession, if im not mistake theres a glyph that adds 20% more chance on you SoC to proc. So will be more regular proc. And now allys will also gain seal of Martyr that will work just like Seal of Blood, so haste is actualy good. But i dont know if using martyr/blood will be good, becose we are doing alot of dmg with our judgements, so will be a hard time for healers to keep us up.

Seal of Command has a 7 PPM, thus making more attacks than seven per minute is basicly useless when it comes down to proccing Seal of Command.

Next to that Seal of Command should be used in PVP only, while Swift Retribution is only really viable while raiding.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

7 ppm means that if u had a weapon with base attack speed of 8.6, then every attack would have 100% chance to proc it. This means that every white hit would 100% proc it and every instant attack that can proc it has 100% chance to do so.
    If u get haste through effects and gear and it lowers your attack speed below 8.6, the proc rate would still be 100% (as it is calculated to base attack speed).
    Hope this clears things up.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Im pretty sure they changed the way haste works like a year ago so that PPMs arent affected by haste. If you had a 8.6 speed weapon as you imply, with a 100% proc on SoC and you ahd 10% haste, you would no longer have 100% chance to proc it. This used to be the case, but rogues stacking haste did stupid amounts of damage and it got nerfed (along with the haste coefficient).
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by zox
    7 ppm means that if u had a weapon with base attack speed of 8.6, then every attack would have 100% chance to proc it. This means that every white hit would 100% proc it and every instant attack that can proc it has 100% chance to do so.
    If u get haste through effects and gear and it lowers your attack speed below 8.6, the proc rate would still be 100% (as it is calculated to base attack speed).
    Hope this clears things up.
    Sorry, they changed that, Haste does not affect PPM, so if you have 100% haste and use a 7PPM ability, it will still only proc 7 times per minute.