Bear Professions

I was looking at all the Professions available and didn't know which way to go. I only have mining now and was going to drop it for Herb and Inscription. Now I am starting to hear passive buffs for the gathering group. Mining getting extra stamina and such. My question is, assuming I will only use the Druid to tank what two professions would benefit that the most?

Mining with stamina buff? (Will this be even greater in bear form?)
    Enchanting for ring enchants?
    Jewel Crafting maybe?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Bear Professions

No Love?

Skinner + LW, drums are usable in forms, and you can make yourself shiny, sexy, leathery stuff, what could possibly be better?

I went enchanting way back when for DEing and eventualy leveled it for things like ring enchants although I hope they add more enchanter perks at some point. Possibly some paterns to enchant other unenchantable slots like belt for enchanters only.

Other prof is herb simply because herb was the best gathering prof for a druid with epic flight form. not all that attatched to it however and I'd change if something better or more needed came along.

LW and engineering are ever popular profs however so I'd look into those.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Edeen
    Skinner + LW, drums are usable in forms, and you can make yourself shiny, sexy, leathery stuff, what could possibly be better?
    BS + JC/inscription(if there will be 4th major insc. worth it)

Engineering brings a +stamina trinket, yet I guess at some point, darkmoon faire, faction or donjon loot will bring higher stamina trinket, or their will be 2 armor trinkets. So engineering won't be a long time benefit.

Jewelcrafting brings stonger gems. But if I remember right you can only have one of each, so you will gain a few stamina and a few agility that's all.

Leatherworking brings new bracer enchants that are quite strong. I doubt soulbound leather craft will be interesting for the whole lifespan of your druid. Maybe you will have interesting crafts at the beginning, and suddenly after a few raids you have access to something better.

Enchanting brings wands (youhou ) and ring enchants. I didn't see any interesting for tanking as far as I remember. In BC only interesting for tanks was +4 stats (so +8 agi, +8 stam mostly) slightly better than jewelcrafting. Disenchanting is always interesting, but of no direct benefit to the bear.

Blacksmith for the extra metagem (in bc that would be 18 extra stamina or 12 agility that's more than what brings enchant & jewelcrafting).

Mining also brings stamina, but honestly that's the worse gathering profession for a druid.

Inscription will totally depend on how many major glyphs are really interesting for bear raid tanking.

Alchemy since we now can use potions in forms. I don't know how crazy alchemist potion extra buff works. If it depends on your class what the bonus you can get, it's pretty bad for a druid (you will end up with +int or +mp5 stuffs). I can't remember which alchemist stones are available and whether some benefit the bear tank.

Herborism brings some very crap bonus (a 2500 heal over 15s when you'll have like 30k life !) and that's the most powerful gathering profession for druid. (why doesn't herborism bring a +agility buff ? or +all stats or +heal received efficiency ^^).

Overall I would say it all depends whether you are going to farm/quest with your tank or with an alt. If you go with an alt, you can afford going with 2 production profession. If you quest with your druid, I would go with Herborism and either Inscription or Alchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by gronyon
    Herborism brings some very crap bonus (a 2500 heal over 15s when you'll have like 30k life !)
    I already have 30k health, raid buffed at least.

I expect my health to be at least close to 50k, or I'll consider myself a failure. Which also means...that change they made to Frenzied Regeneration? It will actually be a buff for me.

10% of my health would be greater than whatever the static number would have been.

My druid is currently a LWer and Enchanter. And will stay that way.

LWer only bracer enchants and leg enchants will provide overall more useful stats that most other professions, 90 stamina on bracer? the latest Leg patch having something like 120 stam? Yes please.

Enchanting is more icing on the cake that anything else. I favour the ring enchants, although there seem to be better dps orientated ones rather than tanking ones (+6stats on each ring vs.... 20 haste per ring, 40ap per ring... etc). I also like being able to DE my own shizzle.

Trinkets provided by JCing and Enginerring etc will be good to start with but will eventually be A) Surpassed or B) Equalled by trinkets that become available in raid environments. Some of the JC only accessories will potentially be superient to other items you'll find, but never by such a margin that things like LWing patches would provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight
    10% of my health would be greater than whatever the static number would have been.
    FR is 30%.

I think LW will be the best profession, if the bracer enchants stay. 90 stam versus the normal bracer enchant of ~25 stam is a lot of health. In addition, drums. Inscription might prove worthwhile, we'll have to see more glyphs. Enchanting doesn't seem to have a tanking ring enchant yet, there might come one.

Thus, jewelcrafting seems to be the second best profession currently. Even with normal epic gems available, the 33 stam bonus of JC surpasses the 35 from mining because the jewelcrafting stat bonus is customizable and the gems match any socket, granting extra socket bonuses and allowing people to use optimal gems instead of using for example blue or green gems to activate meta gems.