Thread: Totem of Wrath

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Totem of Wrath

"Summons a Totem of Wrath with 5 health at the feet of the caster. The totem increases the damage done by spells and effects by 160% for all party and raid members, and increases the critical strike chance of spells and effects by 3% against all enemies within 40 yards. Lasts 2 min.
    5% of base mana, Instant cast"

WHOA! Tell me that 160% is a typo. Cause if not... oh damn.

Aerv

Re: Totem of Wrath

Sorry it's just 100%

... lol

From the looks of the list it isn't a typo. It showed different ranks of ToW as well, and 120, 140, and 160 increased spell dmg effectivly.

Wonder what this means...
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

Still.

Well now its undoubtedly better than Flametongue. No questions asked.

My guess would be that there shouldn't be a "%" there. Typo.

Idd, if its 160% thats 3x caster windfury effectivly :P

I think the % is a typo. If its just 160 damage then its in line with focused mind.

it would have to be a typo. It's either in the 0 or the %.

If it's the percent, then it'll be just another BC-Wrath of Air totem, and it will completely suck ass, as people will have probably in the neighborhood of 2.5k spellpower, thus making it next to worthless.

If it's 10% and talented up to 16% then it will be an extremely useful spell and will give elemental shaman a needed boost and a reason to continue playing one.

From the raid stacking post yesteday:

"Totem of Wrath: Now grants a flat amount of spell damage, and all enemies in its radius have an increased chance of being struck by criticals."

The % is the typo.

should be upgradeable in same talent flamentongue is

edit:
    after rereading tooltips of ToW and EO several times in calc., i have come to conclusion, that EO will boost 5% crit of alsources, ToW 3% spellcrit, its really strange wording now, since they told is it will be exact opposite :/

Deleted

If totem of wrath only grants 160 spellpower then it's totally worthless :-X 160 spellpower doesn't make that much of a difference, especially later on when you've got like 1500 spellpower or more, and atleast in pvp it's often more useful to just choose another fire totem or skip it altogether...

in the beta it gives you at level 70 100 spellpower and 3% crit on a target in range of the totem. The % in the tooltip is wrong.
    Please excuse my bad english, it is not my main language.

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    If totem of wrath only grants 160 spellpower then it's totally worthless :-X 160 spellpower doesn't make that much of a difference, especially later on when you've got like 1500 spellpower or more, and atleast in pvp it's often more useful to just choose another fire totem or skip it altogether...
    well, on 1500 SP its quite good, its more than 10% of SP however, those will be levels of lowenda raiding prolly, naxx 10 and similar, imo 6% dmg wasnt bad at all, if it atleast would be improved by enha tier1 talent :/ 160 + 15% = 208

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    well, on 1500 SP its quite good, its more than 10% of SP however, those will be levels of lowenda raiding prolly, naxx 10 and similar, imo 6% dmg wasnt bad at all, if it atleast would be improved by enha tier1 talent :/ 160 + 15% = 208

it is MOST DEFINITLY a type

you ppl are crazy if you think 100% is actually accurate especially looking at the higher ranks being 160%

shame on you ppl

wtf? i pointed out, that 160 flat dmg is more than 10% of SP in 1500 SP levels, i guess you should read properly before blaming anyone, also if it would be improvable by same talent as flametongue is, it would be flat 208 dmg, which would be probably worth it until next exp.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    Lol. 10% more spellpower is worthless? Do you play ANY caster class/spec?

u know what, its good, better than anything, but it just doesnt scale :/ ofc imp. divine spirit cant match that, nor cant flametongue, and focus magic is abit worse and costs alot of mana, making it better than all of those
    however demonic pact is scalling, at 1600 SP levels, its smae, anything above, demonic pact is better. altho ToW is static, demonic pact needs attacking warlock pet, which might not be possible all the times, so maybe eleshammy will be desirable raid choice

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Some things doesnt scale... and are still considered awesome buffs.

Warlock pet buff is 10 secs only, and needs to crit, which is not good.

As i see it, ToW will be up all the time, and from time to time Deminic Pact will proc and overwrite ToW for 10 seconds. When its gone ToW will be up again.

Also Demonic Pact might be changed if will surpass all other buffs.

yea, i suppose, that ToW probably will be the best buff in his category, meaning gogo eleshammys!

so... you're saying that with 1500 spellpower, 160 extra won't matter? that's over 10% spellpower which is really great, compare it to a sunfire or soulfrost enchant on a warlock/mage/SP, though it's a bit stronger, about not scaling up? if you pay close attention to the talents, you'll see there's a talent that gives you 25% extra spell power with lightning bolt, which is the main spell for elemental shaman, and it will be even more with those talents so, you gain 160 + 160*25% = it's actually 200 spell damage for an elemental shaman, might not scale up for other classes but still... c'mon it really is a lot! wrath of air totem is with the current patch a huge buff and it's 100 spell damage, you'll get 60% more with the new one so even adding 10 levels, in comparison it's about the same as the actually wrath of air totem.